Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ramp kits for trucks

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Garandman

Ramp kits for trucks
Original Message   May 29, 2005 6:40 am
Our old snowblower weighed less than 200 lbs and I was able to wrestle it into a Ford van. When I bought a nearly 300 lb  Ariens, I knew this wasn't going to happen.

Most of the big box stores and others sell the Highland ramp kit. It's two aluminum extrusions that bolt onto a 2"x8" or 2"x12" plank to make a ramp for $25 or so. They work very well - the 2x8 deflected very little even with me and the snowblower on it at the same time. The planks are $6 each or so and can be used for other projects if you don't have a recurring need. I like the nice aluminum ramps but had no place to store them.

One caveat - they come with carriage bolts that are hard to tighten. I replaced them with hex head bolts.

There are  optional kits for the bottom, antii-skid pads, etc. Highlandusa.com.

This message was modified May 29, 2005 by Garandman
Replies: 7 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
TheBuck101

Shoot them STRIGHT

Re: Ramp kits for trucks
Reply #7   May 31, 2005 6:16 am
Harbor fright .com has some 6ft X 9" steel ramps on sale till june 9th for $39.99.

I have an inclosed trailor & made 2 sets of 3' ones out of them. They work great.

For this price you can't go wrong

The Buck

Semi Pro Archer

Hunting

Golfing

X -Inboard Hydroplane Driver

JohnEDavies

Reply #8   May 31, 2005 11:53 am
TheBuck101 wrote:
Harbor fright .com has some 6ft X 9" steel ramps on sale till june 9th for $39.99.

Harbor Fright - that's great!

I sometimes buy big, clunky steel tools from them, like the 20 T hydraulic press I bought last week for $115. There isn't too much those Chinese political prisoners could screw up with a bunch of steel angles.

But most of their smaller shop tools and hand tools are just plain scary.

John Davies
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #9   May 31, 2005 12:21 pm
They don't fold though, and I saw them for $49.99.  That would be an awsome price for $39.99 though. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #10   May 31, 2005 3:08 pm
Being in the small engine repair business - I've seen lots of ramps.  I've also seen a lot of boo boos with ramps.  Hours of sitting back laughing with your popcorn.  All ramps that are built strongly enough to support the weight of your machine should be fine.  It's all in what you are comfortable with.

Sherri

PS - If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?
Replies: 7 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42