Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ramp kits for trucks

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Garandman

Ramp kits for trucks
Original Message   May 29, 2005 6:40 am
Our old snowblower weighed less than 200 lbs and I was able to wrestle it into a Ford van. When I bought a nearly 300 lb  Ariens, I knew this wasn't going to happen.

Most of the big box stores and others sell the Highland ramp kit. It's two aluminum extrusions that bolt onto a 2"x8" or 2"x12" plank to make a ramp for $25 or so. They work very well - the 2x8 deflected very little even with me and the snowblower on it at the same time. The planks are $6 each or so and can be used for other projects if you don't have a recurring need. I like the nice aluminum ramps but had no place to store them.

One caveat - they come with carriage bolts that are hard to tighten. I replaced them with hex head bolts.

There are  optional kits for the bottom, antii-skid pads, etc. Highlandusa.com.

This message was modified May 29, 2005 by Garandman
Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42