Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > New Mobil Synthetic oil

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

New Mobil Synthetic oil
Original Message   May 8, 2005 12:17 pm
"Mobil 1 Extended Performance

You've never seen an oil like this before. Mobil 1® Extended Performance is a new high-endurance motor oil with 36 percent more anti-wear additives and 37 percent more cleaning agents than current Mobil 1 formulations. It is a fully synthetic formulation that helps extend engine life, reduce oil breakdown and minimize engine wear -- all while helping to keep your engine clean. Improvements that add up to exceptional protection for 15,000 miles. Guaranteed. "

...from mobiloil.com

Mobil 1 Extended Performance

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Replies: 24 - 30 of 30Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
TheBuck101

Shoot them STRIGHT

Re: New Mobil Synthetic oil
Reply #24   May 21, 2005 6:33 am

Marshall

Im also not trying to argue with you or anyone. I think everyone know that most likely all company's with label oil has them made by someone.

Honda used Texaco & Mobil for a long time. I just know that with all of Honda liquid's they are a blend that Honda has come up with.

I have had the opportunity to work very close with Honda's P/E department ( product engineering) , I have been with Honda for over 26 years. Im not saying I speak for Honda or know everything about them, I just know what I see & hear from the P/E  I work with.

Sorry if I came across wrong, I like this board & respect the people that use it & there oppinions

Brent Franklin 

The Buck

Semi Pro Archer

Hunting

Golfing

X -Inboard Hydroplane Driver

Garandman

Reply #25   May 21, 2005 8:33 am
You might find this Oil Filter Comparison interesting . You can see from this that many brands of filters are on the market but there are only a few manufacturers. Some are built to a specification, and others are just rebranded.  I've been using Purolator Pure One filters in all our vehicle for several years after I looked into it.

The same is true for many lubricants. For example, Evinrude and Yamaha two stroke oils are made by the same manufacturer - Citgo. The base oil is the same, but the additive packages differ substantially.

Yamaha also sells a product call Ring Free, which is a fuel additive to minimize ring sticking with modern fuels. Might be worth it for the Lawn Boy contingent.  Techron is the Chevron fuel additive product - some say it's the same stuff.
This message was modified May 21, 2005 by Garandman
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #26   May 21, 2005 9:32 am
Hey Buck, if I came across strong or something I didn't mean to. 2:00am posting is something I probably should avoid. I learn more from you guys than I can tell you. Now just to remember it all.    

"Techron is the Chevron fuel additive product"

Garandman, the service techs at more than one car dealership have told me they also make the best injection cleaner.
This message was modified May 21, 2005 by Marshall
robmints

Reply #27   May 21, 2005 9:39 am
Hastings made nice filters. Don't know if they still do.
Garandman

Reply #28   May 21, 2005 2:33 pm
BTW supposedly Honda oil filters, formerly made by  Toyo Roki are now made by Honeywell in Canada. Honeywell is famous as the manufacturer of Fram oil filters, generally considered the poorest on the market.

uc113

Reply #29   May 22, 2005 12:17 am
Fram oil filters are by far the worst out there, and they are under the allied signal corporation.  Amazing how a once excellent manufacturer has gone to crap with their prodcut.  The Honda oil filter is a quality prodcut.  Cut one open and you can see the filter surface area and the other good features of their filters.
Emmo

Reply #30   May 25, 2005 8:22 am
uc113 wrote:
Fram oil filters are by far the worst out there, and they are under the allied signal corporation.  Amazing how a once excellent manufacturer has gone to crap with their prodcut.  The Honda oil filter is a quality prodcut.  Cut one open and you can see the filter surface area and the other good features of their filters.

Its funny, but I didn't realize until a couple of years ago that Fram made such crappy filters. I've seen quite a few different reports (some formal, some not so) comparing filters and it is pretty universally accepted that they make some of the cheapest. Now I know.....

Until then I used them 95% of the time with apparently medicore results.............
'89 C1500 175,000miles and still going strong
'94 K2500 Turbo Diesel  375,000miles (still running strong when I sold it)
'90 Celica 272,000 and motor still solid at trade in
'96 Blazer 180,000 and motor still strong at trade

I must have been lucky.......(I am pretty religious on maintenance)

I DON'T use them anymore because of what I have read, and after you cut one open and then do the same to a NAPA gold or a Purolator One or a OEM filte, Stevie Wonder can see the difference.........

For 3 or 4 bucks difference in price it's just not worth the risk to me.
Replies: 24 - 30 of 30Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42