Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > New Mobil Synthetic oil

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

New Mobil Synthetic oil
Original Message   May 8, 2005 12:17 pm
"Mobil 1 Extended Performance

You've never seen an oil like this before. Mobil 1® Extended Performance is a new high-endurance motor oil with 36 percent more anti-wear additives and 37 percent more cleaning agents than current Mobil 1 formulations. It is a fully synthetic formulation that helps extend engine life, reduce oil breakdown and minimize engine wear -- all while helping to keep your engine clean. Improvements that add up to exceptional protection for 15,000 miles. Guaranteed. "

...from mobiloil.com

Mobil 1 Extended Performance

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Replies: 14 - 23 of 30Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
TheBuck101

Shoot them STRIGHT

Re: New Mobil Synthetic oil
Reply #14   May 19, 2005 9:50 pm
Garandman wrote:
 Hondas are extremely well engineered. Our [2005 Accord V6] only has 8,000 miles and we're using Mobil one and Puralator Pure One filters because they have synthetic filter elements (so do Mobil One filters). We won't do our first oil analysis until the next change. 

There are a number of firms that do this. We use National Tribology - www.natrib.com.

FYI from Honda for your 2005 Accord
Use Only New GF-4 Standard Engine Oil
There’s a new performance standard for engine oil: GF-4. It was jointly developed by automotive and oil experts, and it represents a significant
performance upgrade and improvement in fuel economy. GF-4 engine oils must pass grueling tests totaling over 500 hours. On top of this,
Honda Genuine engine oils are also tested to ensure specific compatibility with Honda vehicles. GF-4 engine oil is compatible with all current and earlier model year Honda cars and trucks. It also provides these added benefits:
• Improved oxidation resistance (reduced
thickening of the oil)
• Improved deposit protection and better wear
protection
• Better low-temperature performance over the
life of the oil
• Environmental protection by extending the life
of emissions systems

While Honda has upgraded its engine oil to GF-4, other brands may not yet be at this new standard. Keep in mind you must use Honda Genuine engine oil for all warranty repairs. If you use some other brand of oil for non-warranty repairs, make sure that oil meets the GF-4 standard. We recommend you stop using non-GF-4 engine oils and check with your supplier that you’re purchasing GF-4 oil.
Engine oil produced after April 1, 2005, that meets the GF-4 standard, must post this starburst certification mark on the container:

Always look for this mark; some oil container labels won’t specifically refer to GF-4.
Honda's R&D is one of the best out there from F-1 / Indy / to your Accord.
They feel it is imporant to keep the oil on top to keep everything lubed properly right at start up. Honda has set standards that other only think about

The Buck

Semi Pro Archer

Hunting

Golfing

X -Inboard Hydroplane Driver

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #15   May 19, 2005 10:04 pm
Since when is Honda an oil manufacturing company?
uc113

Reply #16   May 19, 2005 11:12 pm
Marshall,

The motor oil that Honda uses is by Mobil.  It was specifically developed for their automobiles by Mobil and Honda engineers.  I was an auto mechanic before my present occupation.  Both Honda and Toyota RD departments work closely with different manufacurers of lubricants.  I can tell you that the filters and oil you by from a honda dealership are the best you can get for your vehicle.  There is a reason that their vehicles run forever if you use thier materials, that is because they don't use shortcuts and believe in quality.  Unfortunately the garbage that "American" automobile manufacturers produce is just that, garbage.  They have gotten better but their products are no where near the quality of the Japanese vehicles.  It is amazing that our American automobile manufacturers send jobs to other countries but yet Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mazda etc build plants here and use American workers to produce a better product.  Ok off my soap box because I got off the subject.  You can't go wrong using Mobil products.
Marshall

Reply #17   May 19, 2005 11:33 pm
UC, that was my point, it's Mobil oil.

I agree on the other points too. But, did you see the laters repair reports released this week? Buick came in 3rd, in front of Mercedes but behind Lexus and Acura. However that puts them in front of Toyota, Honda and the others. Wish I could find the report online.

OK so maybe it's because Buick owners only put 2500 miles on their car a year, they can't help it if 92 is their average age. LOL
Emmo

Reply #18   May 19, 2005 11:58 pm
Marshall wrote:
UC, that was my point, it's Mobil oil.

I agree on the other points too. But, did you see the laters repair reports released this week? Buick came in 3rd, in front of Mercedes but behind Lexus and Acura. However that puts them in front of Toyota, Honda and the others. Wish I could find the report online.

OK so maybe it's because Buick owners only put 2500 miles on their car a year, they can't help it if 92 is their average age. LOL

Marshall,

You mean this one?

I thought the same about Buick........It just isn't that far to bingo, the Cracker Barrel and back to the senior center. Plus.......if you turn down the hearing aid, even a Yugo sounds like a Bentley.
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #19   May 20, 2005 12:01 am
Nice list guys     

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Marshall

Reply #20   May 20, 2005 12:07 am
That's probably it Emmo. I saw it on Fox News, it listed them in numerical order by manufacture. Maybe the first two spots were Lexus, Toyota instead of Acura? I remember Lexus as #1, Buick as #3 and Mercedes as 4th. That Canadian plant of GM's has always been a strong plant in putting out quality. I had a pickup once from that plant, one of the best Chevy's I've had.
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #21   May 20, 2005 8:15 pm
Hi...

Mobil seems to have some "agreements" with vehicle manufacturer's...

The 2004 Chrysler I bought has a Mobil-1 sticker under the hood... and the owner's manual mentions using Mobil-1 0-40w... (maybe it's 5-40?)

This car tells you when to change the oil based on several engine and other monitoring functions... 1st oil change it will advise is at about 8,000 miles...

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

TheBuck101

Shoot them STRIGHT

Reply #22   May 20, 2005 9:30 pm
Marshall wrote:
Since when is Honda an oil manufacturing company?

Marshall no one ever said Honda was in the Oil manufacturing bussiness,

The just KNOW WHAT TO TELL THE OIL MANUFACTURE WHAT THEY WANT IN THERE OIL UNDER THERE LABLE (Mobil)

Just like there New Blue coolant but thats another story.

The Buck

Semi Pro Archer

Hunting

Golfing

X -Inboard Hydroplane Driver

Marshall

Reply #23   May 21, 2005 2:58 am
TheBuck101 wrote:
Marshall no one ever said Honda was in the Oil manufacturing bussiness,

The just KNOW WHAT TO TELL THE OIL MANUFACTURE WHAT THEY WANT IN THERE OIL UNDER THERE LABLE (Mobil)

Just like there New Blue coolant but thats another story.

I understand that.

But to read Honda's info you posted it reads as if it is "Honda oil", which it clearly is not. Matter of fact, I would be willing to bet it's strait Mobil 1, at least until I see something that shows me what they have done different for Honda that they don't do for their own labels.

For example, these features/benefits they list below, from above, are Mobil 1 features and benefits.

It also provides these added benefits:
• Improved oxidation resistance (reduced
thickening of the oil)
• Improved deposit protection and better wear
protection
• Better low-temperature performance over the
life of the oil
• Environmental protection by extending the life
of emissions systems

I wasn't arguing with you Buck, just pointing out that Honda doesn't make it.
Replies: 14 - 23 of 30Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42