Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 26 inch Mower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
robmints

26 inch Mower
Original Message   Mar 30, 2005 7:02 pm
Anybody have a use for a little larger mower?

Exmark Metro

Performance Features

• Powered by 6.0-hp Kawasaki® engine with external oil filter to deliver maximum performance.
  • 3-speed drive system with speeds from 2.0 to 4.1 mph.
  • Cutting deck is constructed of cast aluminum to enhance maneuverability and includes a steel guard to increase durability.
  • Blade brake controls enable operator to disengage blades without shutting down the engine.
  • Add mulching capabilities to your Metro 26 with optional mulch system.
  • Assisted rear height adjuster design, in combination with simple and dependable front height adjusters, makes it easy to change cutting heights from 1” to 4” in 0.5” increments.
  • Lightweight design in combination with mower stance, rear engine positioning and large tires greatly reduces
    turf compaction.

Increased Productivity

• Large, 1-gallon capacity remote gas tank for long operation and less refueling.
  • 3-bushel bag provides more capacity than typical 21”
    bagging systems.
  • Bagging system design makes attaching of the bag and disposal of clippings quick and easy.

Superior Comfort & Control

• Lightweight and balanced machine design provides exceptional maneuverability and control.
  • Height-adjustable handles optimize comfort and ease
    of operation.
  • Ergonomic positioning of throttle, speed and blade brake controls enhances comfort and ease of use.

Enhanced Durability

• Heavy-duty drive system assures maximum durability
    and performance.
  • Belt driven spindle design protects crankshaft from potential damage due to blade impact while providing an exceptional blade tip speed of 18,500-fpm.
  • Commercial-grade spindle assembly utilizes the same sealed and non-greaseable design as Exmark’s proven Metro
    gear-drive walk-behinds.
  • Front guard protects vital engine components from damage.
  • Front height adjuster assemblies are protected with steel guards to ensure maximum dependability and life.
  • Front- and rear-drive semi-pneumatic tires feature die-cast aluminum rims with bearing assemblies for increased reliability and reduced maintenance.
Replies: 16 - 21 of 21Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CAPTAINMSKII

Re: 26 inch Mower
Reply #16   May 9, 2005 9:10 am
Was very interested in the metro 26 until I found out the price. I was told it would cost $1349 and it's a special order item as of now. They were supposed to be in stock early spring but they are not. I was disappointed. I really like the high-wheel snapper 26 inch. The Exmark is nice and I was hoping it was around $800.00. Any body else get a better price? Thanks All.
cleanmaxx_brian

"At least I am enjoying the ride"

Reply #17   May 9, 2005 2:05 pm
Hows this???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=71272&item=4380333804&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Brian Chang

Ariens 8526LE, Bradley 32" 12.5HP walk behind mower, Echo BP200 blower, Troy Built 4.5HP Pressure Washer,  Craftsman 4.5HP Yard Vac, Homelite line trimmer, Scotts 21" high wheel mower, MTD 3.5HP Edger.

cleanmaxx_brian

Reply #18   May 9, 2005 6:34 pm

All of this for a mere $325!!! Sounds too good to be true!!!

This is a Brand New Murray Yard King Self-Propelled Push Mower. This mower comes with a Briggs & Stratton 6.5hp INTEK OHV engine. Other features include a 26" cut, one lever height adjustment and a mulching cover or a discharge chute. Controls include a engine speed throttle, walking speed lever to adjust the propelled speed and a lever to engage and disengage the blade (allowing the mower to be started easily). The handle bar can be adjusted for various heights. This mower weights 125 lbs. This mower retailed for over$575.00 at several major retail stores.

Features:

• 6.5HP OHV BRIGGS & STRATTON INTEK ENGINE
  • 1 LEVER HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT FOR ALL 4 WHEELS
  • 26" CUT
  • REAR WHEEL DRIVE
  • MULCHING AND SIDE DISCHARGE COVERS INCLUDED
  • CONTROLS FOR THROTTLE, ENGINE SPEED AND WALKING SPEED
  • LEVER TO ENGAGE AND DISENGAGE BLADE
  • ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT HANDLE
  • OIL DRAIN TUBE INCLUDED FOR NO MESS OIL CHANGING
  • 1 QUART OIL INCLUDED
  • NO ASSEMBLY REQUIRED, JUST SET HANDLE HEIGHT AND LOCK IN PLACE
  • MANUAL
  • MODEL # 261011X89A
  • MOWER COLORS VARY (DARK YELLOW & BLACK OR GREEN & BLACK)

Brian Chang

Ariens 8526LE, Bradley 32" 12.5HP walk behind mower, Echo BP200 blower, Troy Built 4.5HP Pressure Washer,  Craftsman 4.5HP Yard Vac, Homelite line trimmer, Scotts 21" high wheel mower, MTD 3.5HP Edger.

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #19   May 9, 2005 6:51 pm
It would be $390.00 to my door. Not bad! Sure would like to see one in person to check out how it's made, etc..

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #20   May 17, 2005 7:17 pm
Brian, did you ever see this anywhere?
cleanmaxx_brian

Reply #21   May 17, 2005 8:09 pm
Nope...just on ebay.

Brian Chang

Replies: 16 - 21 of 21Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42