Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 26 inch Mower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
robmints

26 inch Mower
Original Message   Mar 30, 2005 7:02 pm
Anybody have a use for a little larger mower?

Exmark Metro

Performance Features

• Powered by 6.0-hp Kawasaki® engine with external oil filter to deliver maximum performance.
  • 3-speed drive system with speeds from 2.0 to 4.1 mph.
  • Cutting deck is constructed of cast aluminum to enhance maneuverability and includes a steel guard to increase durability.
  • Blade brake controls enable operator to disengage blades without shutting down the engine.
  • Add mulching capabilities to your Metro 26 with optional mulch system.
  • Assisted rear height adjuster design, in combination with simple and dependable front height adjusters, makes it easy to change cutting heights from 1” to 4” in 0.5” increments.
  • Lightweight design in combination with mower stance, rear engine positioning and large tires greatly reduces
    turf compaction.

Increased Productivity

• Large, 1-gallon capacity remote gas tank for long operation and less refueling.
  • 3-bushel bag provides more capacity than typical 21”
    bagging systems.
  • Bagging system design makes attaching of the bag and disposal of clippings quick and easy.

Superior Comfort & Control

• Lightweight and balanced machine design provides exceptional maneuverability and control.
  • Height-adjustable handles optimize comfort and ease
    of operation.
  • Ergonomic positioning of throttle, speed and blade brake controls enhances comfort and ease of use.

Enhanced Durability

• Heavy-duty drive system assures maximum durability
    and performance.
  • Belt driven spindle design protects crankshaft from potential damage due to blade impact while providing an exceptional blade tip speed of 18,500-fpm.
  • Commercial-grade spindle assembly utilizes the same sealed and non-greaseable design as Exmark’s proven Metro
    gear-drive walk-behinds.
  • Front guard protects vital engine components from damage.
  • Front height adjuster assemblies are protected with steel guards to ensure maximum dependability and life.
  • Front- and rear-drive semi-pneumatic tires feature die-cast aluminum rims with bearing assemblies for increased reliability and reduced maintenance.
Replies: 6 - 15 of 21Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
robmints

Re: 26 inch Mower
Reply #6   Mar 31, 2005 8:58 pm
Marshall wrote:
Looks very nice, curious about the $.

I am also still curious about these 6 and 7HP engines on 26" decks, like this Exmark and the Snapper 26". But then again, maybe they're really 10 to 13HP engines. LOL 

Maybe my math is iffy.

26 x 3.1416= 81.68 / 12= 6.81 feet for one rev of a blade tip x 3600 RPM= 24,500 or so feet per minute.

If I got a couple of Snapper Hi Lifts, can I reverse rotation with an adjustable cam gear, and adjust the spark timing, and start the engine in the reverse direction. Then I could fly to work on my lawnmower. In honor of lint's Zen Master, Lawn Chair Larry.

The manual says tip speed of 18,500. But a little govenor adjustment help and a carb recommendation from Ritchie, I think I would be airborne.
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #7   Mar 31, 2005 9:13 pm

Very Interesting!

robmints

Reply #8   Mar 31, 2005 9:16 pm
mintswaffle?

Sure hope Fred's not in the neighborhood.
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #9   Mar 31, 2005 9:21 pm
Ike, we kicked their ass sir!

Just the way I like it Fred, just the way I like it..

mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

Reply #10   Apr 3, 2005 3:36 pm
Hi Guys!

I believe the FJ 180 is the same engine I have on my Toro Pro Line 22177 that I bought last year. The FJ 180 was listed at 6.5 HP and was reportedly a different engine than the 6hp used on the 2004 Pro Line. My son is looking for a mower larger than a 21".We will check out this 26" and report back . I hope it's  a good mulcher!!

Marc

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
robmints

Reply #11   Apr 3, 2005 6:56 pm
Marc,

Smitty posted about a 26 inch Snapper.

Doggone if I can find it.
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #12   Apr 4, 2005 5:24 pm
Hey Rob, Sorry about that I guess i was getting this mower and the 21 inch mixed up? I just got the  information on the new 26 inch today.   Sorry.....
This message was modified Apr 4, 2005 by mikefla1

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
robmints

Reply #13   Apr 4, 2005 9:02 pm
mikefla1 wrote:
Hey Rob, Sorry about that I guess i was getting this mower and the 21 inch mixed up? I just got the  information on the new 26 inch today.   Sorry.....

Mike,
What do you mean? Maybe they did have the mower last year. I just did not see it on the site or in the store.

I was looking for Smitty's Snapper.
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #14   Apr 4, 2005 9:09 pm
I just got the information today and it said new this year. I bought my mower last year. I dunno But I think it was the 21 inch I seen now that I think about it . http://exmark.com/metro21.htm Well take care guys
This message was modified Apr 4, 2005 by mikefla1

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #15   Apr 9, 2005 9:39 pm
I just talked to my exmark dealer Friday morning about this mower........but I did not ask him the price.
I see him every Friday morning for breakfast........

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Replies: 6 - 15 of 21Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42