Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > Need To Vent

Community Discussions

Search For:
Termy

Need To Vent
Original Message   Feb 21, 2005 12:18 pm
OK, here is the deal. I got my money last week on a saturday. As everybody knows, banks are closed on saturday and sunday. So, I get to wait to days right before I can buy something online, cause I got to get the money in the bank. So the two days go buy. Thinking this Monday is like every other freaken Monday, I set off on my bike for a  2 mile drive to the bank. When I get there, on the window it sais closed! I am like, WTF???

The guy standing at the ATM tells me its presidents day. So naturally I am like, presidents day? Now I got to freaken wait another day before I can order my thing!

You know, it seems that my bank gets off on every freaken holiday there is. Never seem them open on a holiday yet! You know, I don't recall others doing that. Its called real life, look into it. Most people do not get to stay home on every holiday. Some have to work even on Christmas!

Hay, now I feel better. Its a good thing to have friends on the net to vent too. And also, you guys will eb able to give me short stories of problems with your banks. Thanks for viewing and or posting.

Replies: 1 - 10 of 13NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
mrmom

Re: Need To Vent
Reply #1   Feb 22, 2005 3:53 pm
Another lessoned learned eh Kimosabe?

If you can, build up 6 months worth of living expenses in your savings account . That way you will always have cash in a pinch. Wether you lose your job, move, or have an irresistible urge to buy some form of new OPE.

This message was modified Feb 22, 2005 by mrmom
bmwe0692

"Have a great and glorious day"

Reply #2   Feb 22, 2005 4:33 pm
I keep getting mail from my bank that says
the wifes chacking account is overdrawn!
When I ask her about this, she always says,
I CAN'T BE OVER DRAWN, I STILL HAVE CHECKS LEFT!!!!!
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!
HA
T.J.

Put it where the Big iron wheel runs!!!
Termy

Reply #3   Feb 22, 2005 7:10 pm
mrmom, you are correct with that statement! Looks like I am going to have to do that.

bmwe0692, that is really funny. I feel good today and that made me feel better lol. Its funny that you mentione that because I had just recently gotten a overgraft. ITs my fault of course but is still stupid. My bank is way better than US bank though! Short story bellow

I used to have US bank and I was still learning to manage my money and I was making several overdrafts but they were months apart. How there system works is that when you get a overdraft, they not only charge you the cost of the item bought, but also charge you a 28 dollar overdraft fee. Wait, it gets better! Each following day that the overdraft does not get paied off, they charge you a additional 28 dollars! I had a freaken 200 dollar bill buy the time I paid it off. Then one other time I got a overdraft, As I was trying to pay it off, another fee got added. I COULD NOT STOP IT!!! I was so F pissed off that I went to the counter the last time I paid off a overdraft which was the 200 dollar one and I said, I want to close down my account with you. She asks why, I say because your bank sucks! You guys make money off of us when we overdraft. Close down my account now or I am going to take you guys to court!

Now I am with the Credit Union. Way better, if I overdraft, they only charge a one time fee of 16 dollars and thats it! I have not gotten a overdraft in 2 years! Just recently I made a overdraft and just paid it off today. 16 dollars, thats all. And they don't charge a 16 dollar fee each additional day! I love my bank!

Just to let all of you know, I ordered my new mouse today! But when I went to my bank I met a new casheere. Never seen her before.

faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #4   Feb 22, 2005 9:04 pm
Hey Termy,
Glad to see you are doing better.
I think of people dying everyday with bloated stomachs.....the gross injustice and persecution in other countries, etc,etc. .....it puts our petty complaints in perspective.  We ARE very blessed.

Anyway....the secret of success is this........save 10% of what you make by paying yourself first.  Let the law of compounding interest work for you and not against you by always saving instead of going into debt.
Always live within your means.   It is ok to have things, just do not let things have you.
When you want to buy something really bad, sometimes waiting a day or two to think about it makes you realize you really do not need or want it.
We do not always need the latest and greatest......let others pay for the technology.......wait until the price goes down.
An uncluttered life is a happy life...........do not get overwhelmed with STUFF.

OK, I'm done preaching..........Have a great week!

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Termy

Reply #5   Feb 22, 2005 9:26 pm
Good to see you Frank!

That is so true! There are so many people out there with larger problems than what we have. Thanks, and I will remember that

Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Reply #6   Feb 23, 2005 12:20 pm
faithfulFrank wrote:
Hey Termy,
Glad to see you are doing better.
I think of people dying everyday with bloated stomachs.....the gross injustice and persecution in other countries, etc,etc. .....it puts our petty complaints in perspective.  We ARE very blessed.

Anyway....the secret of success is this........save 10% of what you make by paying yourself first.  Let the law of compounding interest work for you and not against you by always saving instead of going into debt.
Always live within your means.   It is ok to have things, just do not let things have you.
When you want to buy something really bad, sometimes waiting a day or two to think about it makes you realize you really do not need or want it.
We do not always need the latest and greatest......let others pay for the technology.......wait until the price goes down.
An uncluttered life is a happy life...........do not get overwhelmed with STUFF.

OK, I'm done preaching..........Have a great week!

Frank D.

Well said Frank. I have that tendency towards, " I have to have it now ". Like you said though, if I sit back a few days on it, I realize there are other and more important priorities. It's the little gifts in life that fill my basket, and my baskets quite full.

Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #7   Feb 23, 2005 6:53 pm
its nice to wait till you can AFFORD things but dont be so mean with your money that you end up retiring with every cent you ever earned .then a month later all your friends are at your funeral.

live a little while you are young and enjoy things while you can .just dont go broke doing it.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #8   Feb 23, 2005 10:18 pm
Great rules, but I might add another.  10% of my income goes to my tithe. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Termy

Reply #9   Feb 23, 2005 11:25 pm
tithe is not in the database.

Unable to compute

Input error

System Failure...Please reboot system...

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #10   Feb 24, 2005 9:28 am
Termy, giving 10% of your earnings to to God (the church) is called Tithing.

""LEVITICUS 27:30 NKJ
30 `And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's. It is holy to the Lord.

The New Testament says nothing to change God's instruction on tithing. The tithe is holy and still belongs to God.""

Termy, the second part of this is where most of the argument begins on whether to tithe or not. This says the New Testament says nothing to change the Levciticus passage. However, others will argue that since the New Testament says nothing of it, then it was not carried forward on purpose and is therefore not necassary. This will be argued until the end of time. Study and read the bible and find what you believe for yourself.

Source...Believers.org
This message was modified Feb 24, 2005 by Marshall
Replies: 1 - 10 of 13NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42