Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > Garage door opener problem

Community Discussions

Search For:
Jonathan

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. -Zsa Zsa

Garage door opener problem
Original Message   Jan 26, 2005 12:00 pm
This past weekend I was heading down to the local library with my son. The garage door took three times to close and stay closed. Would start going up again before closing. It finally stayed closed and we took off. Yesterday my wife was going to going out for the first time since the weekend and I cautioned her about the door, saying it might have a problem. She then informs me (finally) that we had left the cell phone behind and that she wanted to bring it out to us as the roads were slick. Unbeknownst to me, she was in the garage trying to open the door while I was outside in the car trying to close it. She finally gave up and went into the house. Any advice?
This message was modified Jan 26, 2005 by Jonathan

2004 Ariens 11528LE, Troybilt Horse "Big Red" Tiller (original), Troybilt Tuffy Tiller (original), Sears LT1000 mower, Lawn Boy 7073 21" mower, Stihl FS55 RC trimmer, Poulan Countervibe 3400 chainsaw
Replies: 11 - 20 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Re: Garage door opener problem
Reply #11   Jan 27, 2005 8:40 pm
Walt wrote:
Terminator, With all due respect children change a lot in ones world. Although I want to be openminded to your suggestion of keeping your cell phone in your pocket. I am glad to say that I will try your piece of advice. That way whenever I hear the clunk-clunk-clunk coming from the dryer, not only will I know that my cell phone is right next to my wallet, but I will be reminded to be careful taking it out because that thing is going to be just as hot as my car keys! Thanks! Walt

ROFLMAO......

My Brotha ROFL.....

After the third time of drying my wallet out on the dryer years ago I realized...she ain't gonna check for it ROFL......It was up to me to defend myself ROFL......

Man I am sitting here laughing so hard I am crying  LOL......

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #12   Jan 27, 2005 9:11 pm
I'd like them to put a beeper on the TV, VCR, DVD, and cable box remotes. That way I don't have a panicked little girl crying her eyes out because the world is going to end if she doesn't watch an episode of Lizzy McGuire she's seen 27 times already, or a wife who is going into withdrawl because she hasn't fondled the remote for 5 minutes and changed channels in 20 seconds.

Also make those darn things survive military shock specifications, orange juice proof, milk resistant, blueberry jam retardant so I'm not disassembling them to clean or having to replace them every 6 months.

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #13   Jan 27, 2005 9:22 pm
Highwind wrote:
I'd like them to put a beeper on the TV, VCR, DVD, and cable box remotes. That way I don't have a panicked little girl crying her eyes out because the world is going to end if she doesn't watch an episode of Lizzy McGuire she's seen 27 times already, or a wife who is going into withdrawl because she hasn't fondled the remote for 5 minutes and changed channels in 20 seconds.

Also make those darn things survive military shock specifications, orange juice proof, milk resistant, blueberry jam retardant so I'm not disassembling them to clean or having to replace them every 6 months.

Amen! 
Walt

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. -T. Roosevelt

Reply #14   Jan 27, 2005 9:57 pm
Chris, Those really were your kids in the pictures!!! I am glad you found a piece of your world that parallels my reality!! I always figured that for how often my wallet gets emptied when I am not wearing it, why the heck would she put it back in my pants to wash them? Go figure.... :) Walt
Emmo

Reply #15   Jan 27, 2005 11:43 pm
Highwind wrote:

This is exactly why my cell phone smells like coffee.  My dtr. decided to dunk it in my cup while I was in the "library".  Took 3 days to dry out enough to use the bottom 6 keys!
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #16   Jan 27, 2005 11:56 pm
Emmo, feel lucky, my cell ended up in the kitchen sink while the water was running, it fried.

I got lucky though, Sprint replaced it with an updated model since they couldn't give me that exact model anymore, no questions asked.
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #17   Jan 28, 2005 8:51 pm
Walt wrote:
Chris, Those really were your kids in the pictures!!! I am glad you found a piece of your world that parallels my reality!! I always figured that for how often my wallet gets emptied when I am not wearing it, why the heck would she put it back in my pants to wash them? Go figure.... :) Walt

Walt here is my Homepage that I had posted on the old forum.  It requires some updating, sorry, just too busy...

C

This message was modified Feb 2, 2005 by ChrisS

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Walt

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. -T. Roosevelt

Reply #18   Jan 30, 2005 5:27 pm
Thanks Chris,

I look forward to seeing it.  Many Thanks

Walt

terrapin24h

The more I learn the less i know

Reply #19   Feb 2, 2005 11:16 am
this is my remote:

It's been with my wife and i for 4  years now, has been dropped well over a dozen times, had milk, soda, and water spilled on it, and still works perfectly.  It's used primarily with our home theatre in the den, and is a fully learning remote with macro functionality.  True it was a bit awkward to use at first, not having any "hard" buttons, but i've come to like.  Can be had on ebay pretty cheap these days, $50 range anyway.  I paid 85 for it in 2001.  They've got a few more sweet models now, that i would prob get if this one broke.  I have found the CS remotes to be the best remotes for the money and they are OEM'd by(among others) rca, and IIRC kenwood. 

http://www.crispsolutions.com

--chris
2001 Homelite VacAttack Blower
2001 6hp Toro PPace 22" mower
2001 Ariens 824LE
2002 6hp 2400 PSI Excell Powerwasher
2004 18hp Craftsman 27375 42" mower
2004 42cc Craftsman 18" chainsaw
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #20   Feb 2, 2005 3:16 pm
I think I am a remote freak, as to what Marshall said.  The idea wouldn't even have popped into my head until after the show was over.  
Anyways, here is my remote

Here is the link for is also, very cool!

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 11 - 20 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42