Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > Fireworks anyone????

Community Discussions

Search For:
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Fireworks anyone????
Original Message   Jun 1, 2005 1:01 am
Anyone have a beet on where I can get some new mortar tubes??  I need 2", 3", 4", and 6" tubes.  No, I cant sell any fireworks, so dont ask, but all my tubes got left out last year in the rain and ruined.  Now I have my Shells but just realized I'm tubeless.  If anyone knows where ya can buy the material to make them please let me know.  My supplier of shells told me he had none, and couldnt point me in the right direction here.  thanks in advance if anyone knows.
Replies: 1 - 22 of 22View as Outline
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Re: Fireworks anyone????
Reply #1   Jun 1, 2005 1:55 am

Fireworks are legal here Bill and I have a shop nearby (20 minutes and for around here that is nearby lol) that is a part of a pretty big chain for up here, 7 stores that carry stuff AND put on shows.  I will gladly call them for you but I don't have any experience in what you are after.  If they have what you need I will go and buy it and ship it to you or maybe they can take care of you.  Either way if I can be of help let me know.

Here is the stores local listing:

Atlas Fireworks Factory
RR 11
Newport, NH  03773

603-863-1170

Here is a link to their website:

http://www.atlaspyro.com/

This one I can get to also easily when I am in school as I drive by here a lot but not until Sept.

Champney's Fireworks
658 Route 3A
Bow, NH  03304

603-225-7353

If they have what you need then a road trip is in order lol....

C

Fireworks are legal here Bill and I have a shop nearby (20 minutes and for around here that is nearby lol) that is a part of a pretty big chain for up here, 7 stores that carry stuff AND put on shows.  I will gladly call them for you but I don't have any experience in what you are after.  If they have what you need I will go and buy it and ship it to you or maybe they can take care of you.  Either way if I can be of help let me know.

Here is the stores local listing:

Atlas Fireworks Factory
RR 11
Newport, NH  03773

603-863-1170

Here is a link to their website:

http://www.atlaspyro.com/

This one I can get to also easily when I am in school as I drive by here a lot but not until Sept.

Champney's Fireworks
658 Route 3A
Bow, NH  03304

603-225-7353

If they have what you need then a road trip is in order lol....

C

This message was modified Jun 1, 2005 by ChrisS

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
AZinOH

Those who accept self-deception will perish by it.
Shakespeare said "to thine own self be true".

Reply #2   Jun 1, 2005 6:49 pm
Bill_D wrote:
 No, I cant sell any fireworks, so dont ask, but all my tubes got left out last year in the rain and ruined.  Now I have my Shells but just realized I'm tubeless. 

This is just crying out for a pun, but I can't think of one.

AZ

Snowblower...Toro Power Max 726te 2004

Lawn tractor...AYP w/ 14.5 Briggs-42in 2000

Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #3   Jun 2, 2005 1:40 am
Chris S, TRhankyou!!  I will give them a call.  Not sure if these can even be shipped anymore since 911, But I('ll call them today and see what they have.  Thanks again!!
ChrisS

Reply #4   Jun 2, 2005 11:19 am
Great Bill!

Hey if they have them I can pick them up and I can box them at my home and ship them myself either US mail or UPS, it's not like they inspect what is inside the boxes or anything.  If I can help it comes down to time to pick them up and get them to you.  Again any help I can be let me know.

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Termy

Reply #5   Jun 3, 2005 3:24 pm
Chris... UPS does inspect their boxes now. What if a terrorist is smuggling biological weapons? Or mabie somebody has a rocket launcher in a box. Dude, they have to inspect the boxes now to protect our country.

ChrisS

Reply #6   Jun 3, 2005 5:33 pm
Termy wrote:
Chris... UPS does inspect their boxes now. What if a terrorist is smuggling biological weapons? Or mabie somebody has a rocket launcher in a box. Dude, they have to inspect the boxes now to protect our country.

If they do Chris this is the first I have heard of it and I ship UPS all the time with my radio hobby.  IF they do I am sure the seller will tell Bill and he would tell me.  It is all about trying to help out a fellow forum member and I don't see the company up here looking to get anyone in trouble. 

C

Emmo

Reply #7   Jun 3, 2005 6:13 pm
I've had UPS packages stopped before,...........but that was at the border and a whole other story entirely!
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #8   Jun 3, 2005 6:35 pm
Darned customs hates when you try and ship vegetables over the border...
Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #9   Jun 3, 2005 8:43 pm
Paula wrote:
Darned customs hates when you try and ship vegetables over the border...

The customs officers were probably having some difficulty figuring out whether processed poppies, cocoa plants, and cannabis still qualified as vegetables or whether they were vegetable producing products.

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #10   Jun 3, 2005 8:49 pm
I do not believe UPS/Fed Ex inspect every package for the contents.
Marshall

Reply #11   Jun 3, 2005 10:48 pm
I did some checking, I was wrong.

UPS hub near me has 100% package inspections - you're supposed to bring in your shipments unsealed for them to inspect your packaging. So, it's kinda impossible to not tell them what you're shipping. I don't know if they are all this way but I would suspect so.
Termy

Reply #12   Jun 3, 2005 10:51 pm
Now you guys believe me...

Paula

Reply #13   Jun 3, 2005 11:00 pm
So, what happens if you ship something from work?  Do you have to have it open, they inspect it and then you have to seal it up while they wait?   Somehow, I can't imagine them paying guys to sit around waiting while you are sealing packages! 

Paula

ChrisS

Reply #14   Jun 3, 2005 11:29 pm
Chris, if the store could not ship it I would try, if they say I can't so be it, I tried and knowing now that they inspect I would tell UPS/USPS what it is and still try to ship it.  I am not breaking the law by trying, fireworks and the equipment are legal here, if the store can sell it I can try to ship it.  They can't arrest me here, it is not illegal to have it in my possession.  If it is illegal to ship they would tell me, so be it.  I am not a terrorist or trying to get one over on anyone nor am I going to run like a scared sheep and not try.

C

Marshall

Reply #15   Jun 3, 2005 11:39 pm
ChrisS wrote:
Chris, if the store could not ship it I would try, if they say I can't so be it, I tried and knowing now that they inspect I would tell UPS/USPS what it is and still try to ship it.  I am not breaking the law by trying, fireworks and the equipment are legal here, if the store can sell it I can try to ship it.  They can't arrest me here, it is not illegal to have it in my possession.  If it is illegal to ship they would tell me, so be it.  I am not a terrorist or trying to get one over on anyone nor am I going to run like a scared sheep and not try.

C

Right on Christopher!
Emmo

Reply #16   Jun 4, 2005 12:34 am
They aren't mortar tubes...........they are short pieces of "drainage tile"
Termy

Reply #17   Jun 4, 2005 12:44 am
Emmo wrote:

GOOD ONE THERE EMMO

Walt

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. -T. Roosevelt

Reply #18   Jun 4, 2005 8:08 am
Emmo wrote:

Emmo,

You are a trip...I have never in my life seen an American flag stand being used as a drainage tile.  

Walt

Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #19   Jun 5, 2005 4:11 pm
!st off Chris thanks for your help and generous offer to help me outr!!!   I really appreciate it!!!   #2, I was reffered to a manufacturer close to me here in WI that I am goin to pick them up from.

#3 I certainly did not want this to turn into an arguement thread, but I appreciate everyones help and concerns. 

Paula

Reply #20   Jun 5, 2005 4:49 pm
Bill D

Heck...its not a full discussion unless somebody takes their toy(s) and goes home mad...

Paula

ChrisS

Reply #21   Jun 5, 2005 4:55 pm
It was my pleasure to offer and that is great news Bill.  I am glad you could be taken care of locally.

C

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #22   Jun 5, 2005 11:11 pm
I wonder if when you ship with Fedex, and put your stuff in the box, tape it, print the label, and then schedule for pickup whether they will inspect that package.  

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 1 - 22 of 22View as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42