Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > Fireworks anyone????

Community Discussions

Search For:
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Fireworks anyone????
Original Message   Jun 1, 2005 1:01 am
Anyone have a beet on where I can get some new mortar tubes??  I need 2", 3", 4", and 6" tubes.  No, I cant sell any fireworks, so dont ask, but all my tubes got left out last year in the rain and ruined.  Now I have my Shells but just realized I'm tubeless.  If anyone knows where ya can buy the material to make them please let me know.  My supplier of shells told me he had none, and couldnt point me in the right direction here.  thanks in advance if anyone knows.
Replies: 3 - 12 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Re: Fireworks anyone????
Reply #3   Jun 2, 2005 1:40 am
Chris S, TRhankyou!!  I will give them a call.  Not sure if these can even be shipped anymore since 911, But I('ll call them today and see what they have.  Thanks again!!
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #4   Jun 2, 2005 11:19 am
Great Bill!

Hey if they have them I can pick them up and I can box them at my home and ship them myself either US mail or UPS, it's not like they inspect what is inside the boxes or anything.  If I can help it comes down to time to pick them up and get them to you.  Again any help I can be let me know.

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Termy

Reply #5   Jun 3, 2005 3:24 pm
Chris... UPS does inspect their boxes now. What if a terrorist is smuggling biological weapons? Or mabie somebody has a rocket launcher in a box. Dude, they have to inspect the boxes now to protect our country.

ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #6   Jun 3, 2005 5:33 pm
Termy wrote:
Chris... UPS does inspect their boxes now. What if a terrorist is smuggling biological weapons? Or mabie somebody has a rocket launcher in a box. Dude, they have to inspect the boxes now to protect our country.

If they do Chris this is the first I have heard of it and I ship UPS all the time with my radio hobby.  IF they do I am sure the seller will tell Bill and he would tell me.  It is all about trying to help out a fellow forum member and I don't see the company up here looking to get anyone in trouble. 

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Emmo

Reply #7   Jun 3, 2005 6:13 pm
I've had UPS packages stopped before,...........but that was at the border and a whole other story entirely!
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #8   Jun 3, 2005 6:35 pm
Darned customs hates when you try and ship vegetables over the border...
Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #9   Jun 3, 2005 8:43 pm
Paula wrote:
Darned customs hates when you try and ship vegetables over the border...

The customs officers were probably having some difficulty figuring out whether processed poppies, cocoa plants, and cannabis still qualified as vegetables or whether they were vegetable producing products.

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #10   Jun 3, 2005 8:49 pm
I do not believe UPS/Fed Ex inspect every package for the contents.
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #11   Jun 3, 2005 10:48 pm
I did some checking, I was wrong.

UPS hub near me has 100% package inspections - you're supposed to bring in your shipments unsealed for them to inspect your packaging. So, it's kinda impossible to not tell them what you're shipping. I don't know if they are all this way but I would suspect so.
Termy

Reply #12   Jun 3, 2005 10:51 pm
Now you guys believe me...

Replies: 3 - 12 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42