Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > Memorial Day plans

Community Discussions

Search For:
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Memorial Day plans
Original Message   May 27, 2005 1:30 pm
What are you doing this weekend?  Inquiring minds want to know.
Replies: 34 - 43 of 93Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: Memorial Day plans
Reply #34   May 29, 2005 6:19 pm
Paula wrote:
Me thinks someone has been getting slap happy with the delete button again....the picture of Emmo's girlfriend is gone

Hope you saved a picture of her Emmo.....for posterity....

Paula, we're now "G" rated. Terms of Use (TOU), will reflect that shortly. Maybe they already do, I haven't checked?

OK, I checked and yes, they've been updated to include the following:

""AbbysGuide is a "G-Rated" site, and therefore posts that contain sexually illicit, violent or racially insensitive material will not be tolerated.""

I don't know if I'm qualified to make a judgment on what's sexually illicit and what's "G rated", seems there's a middle road in there somewhere but darned if I know where it starts and stops? There are professionals in the specific business of determining this stuff, they get the big bucks and it seems they don't always agree on where the lines start and stop, it seems the line always moves as well. Violent and racially sensitive, I think I can handle. Guess I'll leave the decisions on the other matter to the professionals of this site that are much better equipped to make those determinations than I.

Marshall
This message was modified May 29, 2005 by Marshall
buttlint

Reply #35   May 29, 2005 6:56 pm
Thank goodness!
We finally have some moral leadership.
Might I suggest that this site be closed on Sundays?
I think 6 days a week is more than enough too flog trade.
Thank you.
Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #36   May 29, 2005 7:38 pm
I'm with Lint on the Sunday shutdown. We should have a day for religious contemplation with our families. As long as the beer stores stay open.

In fact we should have a Terms of Use condition that we respect religious diversity and will be shut down for every Christian, Hindu, Muslim, agnostic, and atheist holiday.

The new ToU refers to "...illicit" which is defined as:

• adjective:   contrary to accepted morality (especially sexual morality) or convention (Example: "An illicit association with his secretary")
  • adjective:   contrary to or forbidden by law (Example: "Illicit trade")
  • To violate the second definition is going to take some pretty raunchy stuff. I don't think we have people here who will go that far.

The first definition requires panel to determine what is "accepted". I'd suggest Lint and I have the right moral stuff to best determine what we would accept as acceptable. 

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

buttlint

Reply #37   May 29, 2005 8:16 pm
    Here, here, Herr Highwind!
    I concur with the need for a special morality counsel.
    May I also suggest  that the emoticons provided for our use are far too suggestive and should be reconsidered for approval by the counsel. ie.
    : This icon suggests that the emoter is being aroused beyond acceptable standards...perhaps by a female of the opposite sex.
    : This one suggests that the emoter was caught in the act of something that was either immoral and/or illegal in some states and provinces.
    This obviously suggest drug use.
    Satanism is not cute in any form!
    Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
    enough trials to make you strong,
    enough sorrow to keep you human and
    enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #38   May 29, 2005 9:27 pm
    Highwind and Lint on the morality committee??

Need I say more??

This message was modified May 29, 2005 by Paula
    AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #39   May 29, 2005 10:13 pm
    ROTFLAMO 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Termy

Reply #40   May 29, 2005 10:31 pm
    I knew that this conversation and implimentation would happen. See, for the past month, we have been getting a little vulgar on this site. Knowing how this might affend people, I tried to stop it before it got too far. Considering, I am not a moderator, it was really not my place. Because of all this vulgar and sexual referances made on the forum, the admins have sought to make this site a rated G. Now, I do agree its for the best, but now that has limited us from making certain statements. Understand this everybody cause I am only going to say this once! Now that this site is rated "G" and says so in the Terms Of Service, if somebody in here vilolates the terms of service too many times, you will get banned. I have done my best here to follow the rules so that I don't get banned. I just don't want to see anybody get into trouble on here. My Two Cents...

buttlint

Reply #41   May 29, 2005 10:57 pm
    I hear ya!
    "You are older than 12 years old. If you are 12 or younger you will need a release form from your parents prior to posting anything to the site. (COPPA, 2000)"
    If I see any 11 year olds around here...I will personally make thier life a living hell.
    Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Reply #42   May 29, 2005 11:02 pm
    Poopie

Simplicity Conquest
    buttlint

Reply #43   May 29, 2005 11:41 pm
    Vangellis wrote:
    Poopie

WTF kind of talk is that!
    Replies: 34 - 43 of 93Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
    Community Guide   •   Discussions  
    AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
    Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
    Site by Take 42