Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > What gas (propane) grill to get

Community Discussions

Search For:
Jonathan

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. -Zsa Zsa

What gas (propane) grill to get
Original Message   May 25, 2005 3:00 pm
I'm told I can get a gas grill for Fathers' Day. Will be my first. I really only need a two burner and would like to try to find a good one for under $450. I am leaning toward a Weber Genesis Silver A ($399), but am wondering if there may be a brand of equal quality that might be a bit less expensive.

2004 Ariens 11528LE, Troybilt Horse "Big Red" Tiller (original), Troybilt Tuffy Tiller (original), Sears LT1000 mower, Lawn Boy 7073 21" mower, Stihl FS55 RC trimmer, Poulan Countervibe 3400 chainsaw
Replies: 10 - 19 of 19Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Emmo

Re: What gas (propane) grill to get
Reply #10   May 26, 2005 9:56 am
I like the Silver B for my Beer marinated chicken specialty.
MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #11   May 26, 2005 10:06 am
Don't really know what to suggest.  I'm partial to a camp fire style bbq.  Takes a heck of a long time to do anything, but the flavor is awesome.

Sherri

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #12   May 27, 2005 9:27 pm
Grill...

Decided on the Ducane S.S. 24" 3-burner model only available @ Home Depot... $699... WOW ! Lotta $$$...

Mainly because it has an infared burner for the rotisserie... and Ducane / Weber support... Weber owns Ducane and incorporated Weber design into this grill... burner section..

Link

Made a HD store vistit... and several HD store calls calls to find one !   ...most stores are out-of-stock... they come in... go out... 1 1/2 hour round trip tomorrow to pick it up...

There's toooo many grills to investigate / choose from... like most things...

Hopefully... I've found  "The grill of my life !.. "    Borrowed this sayin' from my cousin's commercial for gas grills he sells...

Dave...

This message was modified May 27, 2005 by Dave___in___CT

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Jonathan

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. -Zsa Zsa

Reply #13   May 30, 2005 10:09 pm
Based on comments here and some additional research on the internet, we went ahead and bought a Weber Genesis Silver A today. It fired up on the first push of the igniter and worked well. Thanks for all your advice. Jonathan

2004 Ariens 11528LE, Troybilt Horse "Big Red" Tiller (original), Troybilt Tuffy Tiller (original), Sears LT1000 mower, Lawn Boy 7073 21" mower, Stihl FS55 RC trimmer, Poulan Countervibe 3400 chainsaw
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #14   May 30, 2005 11:46 pm
Did you get the dark blue like this one? 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #15   May 31, 2005 1:27 am
Jonathan wrote:
Based on comments here and some additional research on the internet, we went ahead and bought a Weber Genesis Silver A today. It fired up on the first push of the igniter and worked well. Thanks for all your advice. Jonathan

Well dont get to used to the ignitor, no one has made a long lived one yet.  You'll find ya need a grill lighter soon though, so get one now.  Enjoy your grill, it will last you a lifetime.  You'll watch the neighbors take 3 or 4 of the other brands to the curb during your Webers reign. 
Jonathan

Reply #16   May 31, 2005 7:01 am
Ajace, The grills were going out the door fast and furious this weekend. Our closest Lowes only had one Silver A left and it was black. That dark blue is a nice color. Thanks Bill for that tip about the ignitor. I have used a Ducane at my inlaw's camp. That ignitor has lasted at least 8 years, but gets only summer use. Jonathan

mrmom

Reply #17   May 31, 2005 9:08 pm
Congrats Jonathan!....... and to you too Dave. Didn't know Ducane and Weber were together. Hmmm..... that's why my neighbor's Ducane had some similarities to the Weber. He got a three burner stainless one and I helped him put it together. Looks like it's well made.

My only complaint about the Silver A is the 'counter space'. It doesn't have the fold-down flap the Silver B has. Oh well.... a well placed stool or folding table does the job anyway.

Mmmmmm...... that teriyaki marinated London broil sure did taste good yesterday. Never saw my mother-in-law eat so much. LOL!!!!

robmints

Reply #18   May 31, 2005 9:35 pm
Did you say London Broil?

Barb's marinate

1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon coarsly ground peppercorns
1 or 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary or 1 1/2 tablespoons dried ( I like fresh )
3 or 4 tablespoons of honey

Overnighter, flip in the morning, cook for dinner. Watch the olive oil when you first put it on, it will flare up a bit.

I like some good bread with it. Maybe some grilled asparagus. Mashed sweet potatoes with salt, butter and sour cream goes good with a lot of stuff.
Jonathan

Reply #19   May 31, 2005 10:23 pm
Mr. Mom, The Silver A does have a fold down counter like the B. Maybe new this year? not sure. Jonathan

Genesis Silver A

Replies: 10 - 19 of 19Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42