Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Compact 'Always Beauty Clean' power nozzle

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
hooverman

Compact 'Always Beauty Clean' power nozzle
Original Message   Nov 15, 2022 9:52 pm
Where can I get the brush roller rebristled? What style belt will fit? Is the Hoover Constellation/Celebrity/Quik Broom Powermatic (early gen) Nozzle belt fit?
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
CountVacula

Re: Compact 'Always Beauty Clean' power nozzle
Reply #1   Nov 19, 2022 4:50 pm
I'm a little confused by your question. The Constellation and Quik Broom were both suction only, no power nozzle with a rotating brush. Early Celebrities were likewise suction only but later versions came with Quadraflex Power nozzles. The brush strips and complete brush rolls are long ago discontinued and after years of trying I can find no other brush strip that fits the wide slot in the Quadraflex brush roll. NOS brush rolls and brush strips turn up on eBAy with some regularity however. I have accumulated a stash of Quadraflex parts that way.
hooverman

Reply #2   Nov 24, 2022 12:22 am
Yrs ago I acquired a Compact PN (very rare Jetson aqua triangular shaped) but its bristles are worn/missing & I am hoping to get it working again I found pics of that nozzle on 'the other vac forum'
CountVacula

Reply #3   Nov 24, 2022 11:05 pm
I am pretty sure I know the power nozzle you refer to, though I have only seen a few images of it on that site you mention. There is an old fellow who rebristles brush rolls but only very old ones using natural fibers. His name has been mentioned on that site. I approached him once about rebristling my Hoover Quadraflex power nozzle brush strips but those were synthetic and too modern for him. Sigh. I have long forgotten his contact info but that site you mention has people who definitely know. Btw, one of those power nozzles is on my Holy Grail list. I'm a little weird for Compacts, Tristars and their copies. I have a Compact Model 1, a C2 and a nice C4 and two EX-30s I found in Japan where Tristars are surprisingly popular, plus newer models. Do you know if those came with C-6s or some other model? Btw, if you look up a power nozzle sold with EUropean Electroluxes called the Ze3 they have a similarity. You know I wonder if there is a modern brush roll that happens to fit? How long is the brush roll and is the belt all the way at one end like a Eureka Vibragroomer or Tristar Turbo Brush, or offset from the end like a Hoover Quadraflex or modern Kenmore brush roll? You might get lucky and find a modern brush roll that fits, though you might have to swap end caps or otherwise be creative.
hooverman

Reply #4   Nov 30, 2022 6:48 pm
The belt 'pulley' rides off-center (about 2-3" away from center of brush roll) & has Electrolux PN1 style bearings on both ends The Compact ABC PN has two air paths (I assume this will outclean a Hoover WindTunnel?) I once had a WT canister but got rid of it bcuz I prefer the TriStar/Compact Basically this Compact PN is like a 'combination' of a Lux PN1, Hoover WT PN, Kenmore 3-position PN (came w/lower end Power Mate canisters until the early 1990s), a Rainbow SE/PE or E/E2 PN2 & Singer PN I don't even know if a Eureka PN motor will fit or did this PN use a special motor? The original motor looks more 'rounded' but I haven't tested it yet
CountVacula

Reply #5   Dec 2, 2022 11:27 pm
I found some good images of an ABC on "that other site", including one of the nozzle flipped over, but none with the bottom plate removed to reveal the guts. It reminds me a lot of a Lux Ze3. You might get lucky and be able to use a Ze3 brush roll. What is the length from the outside surface of each end cap to the other? And how far from the outside edge of the end cap to the center of where the belt rides?
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42