Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Vacuum cleaner for wooden floors

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
RonaldKing

Vacuum cleaner for wooden floors
Original Message   Apr 23, 2022 4:37 am
The weather changed, so I also moved to a house with wooden floors, it will bring more warmth. but the previous vacuum cleaner was suitable for tile floors. So what kind of vacuum cleaner should I buy that will be suitable for wooden floors? please advise me
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
CountVacula

Re: Vacuum cleaner for wooden floors
Reply #1   Apr 24, 2022 2:46 pm
A simple suction only canister vacuum and a good rubber wheeled horse hair floor brush is all one needs to clean hard floors. If you have area rugs then consider a canister vacuum with a power nozzle. Use the horse hair brush for hard floors and the power nozzle for the area rugs. Uprights generally are not usable on hard floors unless it is a very expensive one that allows you to turn the brush roll off. Even then their nozzles are less than ideal for hard floors. I would not spend a great deal of money either. The Kenmore 200 Series canister, sold by Sears as the 81214 and elsewhere as the BC4002 is more than adequate and has a really good power nozzle. No matter what you buy always use a good quality synthetic microfiber HEPA rated dust bag and replace the little filter in the bag chamber that protects the motor ingesting dirt with every sixth bag. Change the HEPA exhaust filter every six months. Using a good quality HEPA rated synthetic bag will keep the inside of the vacuum clean and allow the motor to last a very long time. If you buy the Kenny mentioned above, stick with the OEM Kenmore Style Q bag. They are the best and do not leak dust. I have a ten year old Kenmore Elite that is still as clean inside as the day I bought it.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42