Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Aquiring used vacuums

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
hooverman

Aquiring used vacuums
Original Message   Jan 12, 2022 5:30 pm
What are the good/bad things about aquiring used vacs? Buying from Goodwill or garage sales or picking up from the curb? I found a Eureka ESP S/P upright but don't know whether to bring it home or leave it @ the curb? It has a Vibra Groomer 2 brush/beater bar metal roller
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
CountVacula

Re: Aquiring used vacuums
Reply #1   Jan 13, 2022 4:26 pm
I personally have not seen one but they are reported to be sturdy but loud and clean well. I am not a big fan of soft bagged dirty fan uprights but for many that defines what a vacuum is. If it's free and it's all there you probably can't go wrong with it.
CountVacula

Reply #2   Nov 25, 2022 9:46 am
I'd rather use our 40 year old family hand-me-down Kenmore "Sears Best 4.1" with its Powermate than anything Die-soon ever made. 40 years old and it produces as much suction and airflow as most modern vacuums based on tests I do with instruments. It cleans well and is easy to use. It will be cleaning our home long after your new Die-soon is being recycled.
This message was modified Nov 25, 2022 by CountVacula
hooverman

Reply #3   Dec 7, 2022 5:46 pm
I've owned a Diesoon canister DC23 Turbinehead; but returned it & bought a Hoover Windtunnel Cyclonic U5780-900 upright; but the brush roll melted @ the belt pulley. Also the handle wouldn't stay locked upright; & the dust bin latch broke (I remove the cyclone chamber & dump out the dirt from top instead of bottom. I HATE the 'bottom empty' dust bins I gave the WT Cyclonic 2 some1 who needed a vac; & picked a Eureka ESP from the curb (I had a few Eureka F&G style uprights) some had wood brush rolls & a few have Vibra Groomer
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42