Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > need your advice on purchasing a vacuum cleaner

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
jimcarter

need your advice on purchasing a vacuum cleaner
Original Message   Mar 23, 2021 4:41 am
Hi everyone, I’ve been reading everywhere about vacuum cleaner reviews. Yet, I still cannot make a decision. I want a small, lightweight and durable one. Would you help me out please?
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
CountVacula

Re: need your advice on purchasing a vacuum cleaner
Reply #1   Mar 24, 2021 11:34 am
What country? What kind of flooring? Any preference for a canister or upright vacuum? Note that canister vacuums seem to be a better choice for hard floors. The vacuums that is shown in the on-line vacuum reviews I have seen are mostly horrible btw, cheap volume produced bagless kludge sold at big box stores and sometimes a Miele canister thrown in. Those reviews generally miss most of the higher quality brands. You can buy a much better upright vacuum than a Dyson for less money but not from any vacuum maker you are familiar with. Look at Titan and Cirrus for examples of really durable high quality upright vacuums are decent prices. These are machines you can run ten years or more with little more than bag, belt and filter changes. Sebo would be the next step up. Titan uprights are US made, Cirrus now manufactures uprights in Taiwan and Sebo is German. For canisters in the US it is very hard to do better for your money than a Kenmore. Several good models are available at really great prices at the on-line stores for Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes and probably others. The manufacturer moved to China in 2016 but I see no diminution in quality. In fact the new manufacturer immediately made a big improvement to their base power nozzle putting the wheels on steel axles. No more wheels falling off. And if you want to buy the last vacuum you will ever need to buy, something that will outlast you and be handed down to your offspring, look at Tristar. These are all metal canisters with a heritage linked to Howard Hughes, Los Angeles area aircraft manufacturing, TWA, the Navy and Douglas Aircraft. They are made from an aluminum-magnesium allow, are about the simplest vacuum possible and last forever. They are not a throw away big box vacuum. If you eventually after a decade wear the motor out, you replace the motor. Remove three screws and the vacuum is apart. Disconnect two wires and you swap motors. Much the same if the switch were to fail (they almost never do) or you need to replace the cord. Even the upper half of the power nozzle is metal. Just some ideas to chew on. Look at brands like Tristar, Aerus Lux, Sebo, Kenmore, Cirrus, Titan, Carpet Pro and some of the commercial Hoovers that are now made in the US.
checkrohan

Reply #2   Sep 19, 2021 4:23 pm
CountVacula wrote:
What country? What kind of flooring? Any preference for a canister or upright vacuum? Note that canister vacuums seem to be a better choice for hard floors. The vacuums that is shown in the on-line vacuum reviews I have seen are mostly horrible btw, cheap volume produced bagless kludge sold at big box stores and sometimes a Miele canister thrown in. Those reviews generally miss most of the higher quality brands. You can buy a much better upright vacuum than a Dyson for less money but not from any vacuum maker you are familiar with. Look at Titan and Cirrus for examples of really durable high quality upright vacuums are decent prices. These are machines you can run ten years or more with little more than bag, belt and filter changes. Sebo would be the next step up. Titan uprights are US made, Cirrus now manufactures uprights in Taiwan and Sebo is German. For canisters in the US it is very hard to do better for your money than a Kenmore. Several good models are available at really great prices at the on-line stores for Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes and probably others. The manufacturer moved to China in 2016 but I see no diminution in quality. In fact the new manufacturer immediately made a big improvement to their base power nozzle putting the wheels on steel axles. No more wheels falling off. And if you want to buy the last vacuum you will ever need to buy, something that will outlast you and be handed down to your offspring, look at Tristar. These are all metal canisters with a heritage linked to Howard Hughes, Los Angeles area aircraft manufacturing, TWA, the Navy and Douglas Aircraft. They are made from an aluminum-magnesium allow, are about the simplest vacuum possible and last forever. They are not a throw away big box best vacuum. If you eventually after a decade wear the motor out, you replace the motor. Remove three screws and the vacuum is apart. Disconnect two wires and you swap motors. Much the same if the switch were to fail (they almost never do) or you need to replace the cord. Even the upper half of the power nozzle is metal. Just some ideas to chew on. Look at brands like Tristar, Aerus Lux, Sebo, Kenmore, Cirrus, Titan, Carpet Pro and some of the commercial Hoovers that are now made in the US https://rankingmom.com/vacuum/ .

I am also looking for the same advice.
CountVacula

Reply #3   Sep 20, 2021 3:10 pm
Same answer, look at the vacuums from Tristar, Aerus Lux, Sebo, Kenmore, Cirrus, Titan, Carpet Pro and some of the commercial Hoover uprights that are now made in the US like the commercial Hushtone.
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42