Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Upright Recommendation

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
avsteele

Upright Recommendation
Original Message   Feb 28, 2021 4:43 pm
Thanks for any recommendations, here's what I'm looking for: Must-have * upright * bagged * $200 or less * can turn on/off brush bar (for doing wood floors) * wand Nice to have: * light * quiet Thanks again!
This message was modified Feb 28, 2021 by avsteele
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
CountVacula

Re: Upright Recommendation
Reply #1   Mar 1, 2021 9:14 am
Very few bagged uprights are out there for under $200 and only one new model made with a switch to allow you to turn the brush roll off for that little money depending on the deal you can get. For my $200 I would start talking to some mom and pop vacuum shops and see if they have a reconditioned upright from Electrolux USA, or Aerus Lux (same company, they changed their name in 2004 after selling the rights to use the Electrolux name in North America back to the global Electrolux Group of Sweden, long story how this happened). Lux hasn't changed their basic design in decades and that's a good thing. They work great, , have the brush roll off/on switch you want, last forever, can be repaired economically when something wears out (they are designed to be fixed and not thrown out) and I dare say if you bought a reconditioned used Lux it would outlast anything new you could buy for the same $200. Likewise if you can find a well cared for used Sebo upright from the G series (G1-G8) or the Windsor branded version called the Sensor S12. They are practically indestructible, being designed for hard commercial use. If it has to be new there is the new Kenmore Intuition bagged upright. It's a lot like a Shark Navigator Lift Away and has the separate motor for the power nozzle. I don't think it's going to be very durable though unless you really baby it. The attachment kit costs extra and the attachments are pretty awful. They list for over $200 but can be found on line for less. If you can live without the separate motor for the brush roll, Hoover sells the TaskVac Hard Bag Commercial Vacuum though you will have to do some shopping to find one under $200. They're out there. A bonus is that Hoover is assembling many of their vacuums in the US now at the old Oreck plant in Tennessee so check the box to see if it says Made in USA. Bissell sells the Powerlifter Pet Bagged Vacuum Cleaner for around $169 list but good grief is that thing flimsy. You can squeeze and bend the plastics in your hand. Dirt Devil and Eureka no longer sell a bagged upright vacuum. Everything they sell is bagless kludge. The least expensive Oreck lists for more than $300. The Kenny and Bissell are both made in China. So are Oreck, Dirt Devil, Eureka and most of those expensive Simplicity and Riccar vacuums. Electrolux/Aerus Lux uprights are made in the US and Sebo/Windsor vacuums are made in Germany. If you can find a way to afford a $300 vacuum a lot of much better quality machines become possible.
This message was modified Mar 1, 2021 by CountVacula
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42