Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Best Vacuum for Wool Berber Carpets, Laminate & Tile

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
MBZimm

Best Vacuum for Wool Berber Carpets, Laminate & Tile
Original Message   Sep 29, 2010 2:32 am
We just had wool berber wall-to-wall carpeting installed in several rooms of our home. The manufacturer recommends a suction only vacuum, without a beater bar to "avoid excessive fuzzing."
First, is a beater bar and a brush roll the same thing on a vacuum?
And second what's my best bet for a vacuum? We have 700-square-feet of wool berber carpets, 600-square-feet of laminate and 200-square-feet of tile (including stairs) to vacuum. We own two boxers (dogs) that shed short hair and live in a dusty (agricultural) area.
At the recommendation of a local shop we tried out a Miele Titan (with 217 head) with the brush roll on (they're some of the softest brushes according to sales person). We used it for a while on a remnant of our carpet and I noticed what I think is some fuzzing so I worry that with extended use we will really wear into the carpet. Is there anything with some kind of brush roll or option other than straight suction to really get the dog hair up? Or something with enough suction not to worry about it?
The Miele seemed to do a very nice job but we're struggling for an accurate comparison point.

THANK YOU!!!
Replies: 34 - 37 of 37Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
jeremy9vr

Re: Best Vacuum for Wool Berber Carpets, Laminate & Tile
Reply #34   Jun 29, 2020 3:02 am
CountVacula, thanks for sharing your thoughts. You know what, I;ve tried dozens of vacuum cleaners, cause it's kinda my sphere of work, and I can say for sure that there is nothing better and more reliable in the vacuum cleaners world than model BISSELL Cleanview Swivel Pet 2252. You can look here a list, where also find this exact model. I can highly recommend it, especially if you have a lot of long hairs all around the house.
This message was modified Jul 4, 2020 by jeremy9vr
CountVacula

Reply #35   Jul 15, 2020 2:22 pm
Bissell? I would buy a clean used Kenmore before spending the same amount for any new Bissell. I have a Bissell canister and power nozzle. It has much less power than any of the machines I mentioned. We have a 1982 vintage Kenmore we still use with more power than the Bissell. The Bissell brush roll is this twisted plastic thing that acts just like a loom collecting hair. Worse to me is that Bissell doesn't support their products. I cannot buy normal wear parts or filters for our Bissell canister. Interestingly Endust sells the HEPA filter for it in Canada but not in the US. I can also buy HEPA dust bags for it in Canada but not in the US. Though it has only been used less than a year the motor is showing signs of bearing wear (rumbling noise on coast down). Cheeeeep. I can get brush rolls (nice wooden ones), belts and replacement motors for the 1982 Kenny and none of these items are available for our near new Bissell. When the bearing noise gets louder I'll yank the motor and put a Panasonic motor in it, probably one used in the Kenmore Elite. Those make huge power and are durable.
prabir

Reply #36   Jul 30, 2020 4:34 am
If you are looking for a Best Vacuum for Wool Berber Carpets, Laminate & Tile then my strong recommendation will be the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner.
This message was modified Jul 31, 2020 by a moderator
CountVacula

Reply #37   Jul 30, 2020 8:14 am
That's a shampooer / extractor, not a vacuum cleaner.
Replies: 34 - 37 of 37Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42