Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Ultralux by Electrolux problem

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
electrolux1205

Ultralux by Electrolux problem
Original Message   May 28, 2020 6:58 pm
After I cleaned my Aerus Ultralux by Electrolux canister vac the 'Power' indicator no longer lights on The 2nd issue is the PN power no longer works (I bought a genuine Aerus/Electrolux hose, NOT a cheap generic) neither the PN mdl #1692 or Sidekick work 3rd is the vac turns off when I move the hose to its left side What can be done? Will I need to take the vac to a Aerus center or is it D.I.Y?
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
CountVacula

Re: Ultralux by Electrolux problem
Reply #1   Jun 5, 2020 2:36 pm
I guess it depends on how mechanically inclined you are. The problems sound like they are caused by an intermittent contact so lets try some basic troubleshooting first. Did you have these problems with the old hose? If not, did you try putting the old hose back on and see if the machine still has the same problems encountered with the new hose? If not I would suspect the hose. If the machine has the same problems with both new and old hoses I would be tempted to outer cover of the bag door and see what's going on with the contacts there. Use a voltmeter to see if you have power across the contacts. There are a couple of reasons you might not. I don't know the history of this vacuum but is it possible it once had an aftermarket hose that pushed the contacts in the bag door outwards and now they don't make contact with a genuine hose? Not having had that model apart I'm just thinking out loud but if you're handy with tools that's where I would look first. Another possibility is one of the wires leading back from the bag door has become detached. They sometimes don't have much slack and they can come loose from their spade connectors. Hope that helps. Let us know what you find.
CountVacula

Re: Ultralux by Electrolux problem
Reply #2   Jun 5, 2020 2:37 pm
Btw, there are numerous videos showing how to split the upper and lower halves of plastic bodied Aerus canisters. It's really easy, much easier than the old steel bodied beasts or the Epic 8000 body.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42