Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > The best vacuum for tile floors

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
william112

The best vacuum for tile floors
Original Message   Jan 28, 2017 3:19 am
We hope you understand already that a vacuum which is excellent on carpeted floors is often a disaster on tile floors. The brushes used with vacuums for carpet floors are ill-equipped for sensitive floor tiles that scratch easily, look worn quickly, and need some TLC to come up shiny after a cleaning. The best vacuum for tile floors isn't necessarily the most impressive brand or the one carrying the highest price. It is the product offering a combination of features that helps the homeowner keep their kitchen, bathroom and other floors looking like new with the minimum of fuss. It's hard to find a vacuum cleaner that will be suitable for every floor in the home. It is important to be careful when shopping for a vacuum and ask the question: will it work on all the floor surfaces in my home? Is there are a power point near where you wish to clean or do you already own a power strip with a long enough cord to let a corded vacuum reach every room in the home? Is a steam cleaner feature a desirable option with a vacuum product? Some products clean floors and steam them at the same time. These product types save money versus bringing in a specialized steam cleaning firm to perform the service for you ?
This message was modified Jan 28, 2017 by a moderator
Replies: 12 - 16 of 16Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CountVacula

Re: The best vacuum for tile floors
Reply #12   May 28, 2019 5:17 pm
You don't use any kind of rotating brush on hardwood floors or laminate. It damages the floor. Horse hair hard floor brush only, preferably one with soft rubber wheels.
badalley

Reply #13   Jun 3, 2019 1:50 am
Yes , vacuum cleaners are best for carpeted floores but as we are advancing vacuum cleaners works you tile floors as well. I have a Dyson V10 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner , that I bought considering this.
This message was modified Jun 3, 2019 by a moderator
CountVacula

Reply #14   Aug 27, 2020 10:10 am
I am going to amend my previous comments regarding not using a rotating brush on hard floors. Since I wrote that I have discovered vacuums unique to the Japanese market with unusual brush rolls that are designed to be used on hard floors and carpets. I did not know about these until quite recently. I bought a used Panasonic canister vacuum from Japan with this really compact power nozzle that has such a brush roll. Specifically a Panasonic MC-PA22GE9-N if you wish to look it up on-line. It's out of production but new models have the same power nozzle and brush roll. The vacuum is exceptionally powerful and my wife immediately confiscated it for herself, lol. Since Japan has 100 volt power their vacuums operate just fine on US 120 volt power. I also bought a Hitachi CV-PE300E-N. It's follow on, the CV-PF300 series (the N refers to the color, N for gold or R for red) is available on line in the US btw but I bought mine through a Japanese e-commerce site called Buyee. Same thing, amazingly powerful canister vacuum with a slightly wider power nozzle that can be used on any floor. They also have a flip-up dusting brush built into the hose end so we don't have to bend down and open a lid to find attachments. They are right on the hose end ready to use. Same for the crevice tool, on a holder under the handle or on the wand near the top. They have made American and European style vacuums superfluous. "Honey, want to use the Miele?" Her reply: "Nooooooooo, I have to bend over for the dusting brush and change nozzles for hard floors so no way". Quite a few such Japan market canisters from Panasonic, Hitachi, Mitsubishi and Sharp are available on line. So are bags for them. They are worth a look and the power some modles have is just amazing. Nothing sold in the US has the kind of power the Hitachi I mentioned has. 680 air watts, that's the kind of power a central vacuum has.
sanjay3

Reply #15   Sep 15, 2020 6:35 am
There are lot of tile floors suggestion here in this forum only, you can refer that
This message was modified Sep 15, 2020 by sanjay3
FionaSmith

Reply #16   Feb 9, 2021 5:14 am
if you are specifically looking for a floor vacuum, then there are a bunch of brands that will be good for you. Here is The list: 1.Miele Complete C3 Marin 2. Panasonic MC-CL935 3.Kenmore Elite Pet Friendly 31150 4. Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away XL 5. Dyson V8 Absolute 6. Black+Decker Smartech HSVJ520JMBF27 7. Roomba 880 8. Eureka Easy Clean 71B 9. Miele C1 Pure Suction 10. Shark lift away Professional.
This message was modified Feb 9, 2021 by a moderator
Replies: 12 - 16 of 16Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42