Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Is a 4 horsepower Vacuum good for this situation?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
SirRico

Is a 4 horsepower Vacuum good for this situation?
Original Message   May 26, 2019 8:36 pm
Me and friend go to different workplaces and vacuum the floors and etc... Recently the vacuum was stolen and we need to replace it. I've looked online and found this vacuum. It's 10 gallons and 4horsepower I am a bit unexperienced with vacuums so will this be fine?
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
CountVacula

Re: Is a 4 horsepower Vacuum good for this situation?
Reply #1   May 28, 2019 5:14 pm
Peak horsepower of the suction motor is meaningless. The measures that count are suction, airflow and for cleaning carpets, agitation. I can show you a vacuum rated at 4.3 peak horsepower that has quite a bit more suction and airflow than another vacuum I have that is rated at 5.4 peak horsepower. Too many other things go into making a great vacuum than the horsepower rating of the motor. That motor has to spin a fan to create suction and move air. Fan design is as important and maybe more so than sheer horsepower. It sounds like you are shopping for a wet / dry shop vacuum? What kind of surface are you vacuuming? Tile, wood or carpet?
aakon7

Re: Is a 4 horsepower Vacuum good for this situation?
Reply #2   Jul 17, 2019 4:13 pm
CountVacula's answer is spot on. It sounds like you are wanting a shop vac?
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42