Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Panasonic MC-CG917 looking for replacement part.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
jettam

Panasonic MC-CG917 looking for replacement part.
Original Message   Dec 9, 2017 3:11 pm
I have had this Panasonic MC-CG917 for 4 years now and we love it. But, the connection from the power head and the wand has started to get an electrical burn and so the powerhead is now on again off again. I have been trying to find the replacement wand piece but cant find it anywhere. I would even like to buy a replacement vacuum if one existed, but I guess they don't make them any more. its a long shot, but I was wondering if anyone has the wand part I could buy? Or could send me a link to one. I've looked everywhere online. Last ditch attempt to fix this vacuum before I sady have to throw it away.
This message was modified Dec 9, 2017 by jettam
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
CountVacula

Re: Panasonic MC-CG917 looking for replacement part.
Reply #1   Jan 11, 2018 5:37 pm
The connection in the swivel neck of the power nozzle is common to about a million Kenmore Powermates. Panasonic made most Kenmore canister vacuums. Now a company called Cleva Industrial makes them but that part has not changed. Search ebay under "Panasonic vacuum parts" or under "Kenmore vacuum parts" and I almost guarantee the parts you need are available. When you take your power nozzle apart, take lots of digital photos of how the wiring is routed and what wires attach to what. Save them to guide you on reassembly. There are two screws underneath the power nozzle. Once those are out, the cover is held to the bottom half with four snaps, one on each side and two at the rear. Tip the swivel neck back 45 degrees and rotate the upper cover towards the front. You can see the wiring you have to remove with the cover off. Not a big deal, just take your time and take lots of pictures as you work.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42