Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Older HOOVER Windtunnel with INCREASED suction?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
thew60

Older HOOVER Windtunnel with INCREASED suction?
Original Message   Jun 18, 2015 1:12 pm
I am new to this forum so hello to all: I have a ~20 year old USA built HOOVER Windtunnel (Model number escapes me- I can look it up if needed). It has been very well maintained. I just replaced the power cord a month ago due to wear. I also replaced the front leveling wheels about a year ago. Recently I find it VERY difficult to push the cleaner even with the carpet adjustment on the highest setting. I can see the carpet getting sucked up against the intake area on the bottom. When the cleaner is OFF, it moves effortlessly across the carpet, and I can see a gap between the cleaner and the floor. I am using a nearly empty "Febreze" vacuum bag and have used them in the past. I took off the bottom cover, inspected the brushroll and belt both fine. I am at a loss, any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you!
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
CountVacula

Re: Older HOOVER Windtunnel with INCREASED suction?
Reply #1   Jul 16, 2015 1:50 am
When was the last time you replaced the pre-motor and exhaust filters?
CountVacula

Re: Older HOOVER Windtunnel with INCREASED suction?
Reply #2   Jul 16, 2015 1:51 am
Btw, is this an upright or canister? If it's an upright, look for a clog in the hose from the floor brush to the bag chamber.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42