Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > How long is the lifespan of a vacuum cleaner bag?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
textchx

How long is the lifespan of a vacuum cleaner bag?
Original Message   Mar 13, 2013 11:45 am
A new vacuum cleaner bag is sometimes all that's needed to increase suction. Too much dust in the lining of the bag or larger items blocking the opening can reduce airflow greatly. If the bag is moist from vacuuming up anything wet, its performance is significantly diminished. I have been using mine for twice a week and its 6 months old now and its getting weaker, am I going to replace e new bag?
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Jessica85

Re: How long is the lifespan of a vacuum cleaner bag?
Reply #1   Aug 29, 2013 8:57 am
Well replace it of course! 6 months is quite some time if you clean twice a week.
For best performance change the bag every 2-3 months.
Alanbrad

Reply #2   Sep 16, 2013 3:33 am
Yeah! i also change every 3 months once...
vacomatic

Reply #3   Mar 4, 2014 11:09 pm
It depends on what you vacuum. Fine dust (plaster, drywall, powdered clay) will quickly clog almost any vacuum bag (even Miele's 9-layer bags). Any food scraps (crumbs, etc) offer places for bacteria to breed and generate smells. Vacuuming anything damp could generate mold (and most likely destroy the bag, especially if paper!). You can extend bag life in some vertically oriented vacuums by gently shaking the bag after the vacuuming is done (loosens fine dust which settles to bottom of bag. I usually keep bags in my Mieles for 3 months, but will change sooner if food or other potentially smell generators get sucked up.
TheodoreRivera

Reply #4   Jul 2, 2014 10:04 am
Before purchasing any vacuum cleaner, see that the cost of bags/filters are add up or not. A vacuum is replace in six months or less, it depends on you that what vacuum cleaner you are using, how it clean dust from your carpet or floor, by taking some measures you will be able to increase the lifespan of a vacuum cleaner bag.
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42