Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

SEBO Vacs
Original Message   Jul 17, 2012 6:24 pm
Hi all Just wondered if anyone knew of anything new on the horizon from SEBO? Will SEBO ever upgrade the X Series or replace it with a completely new model like the C Series canister was replaced by the D Series!? Thanks DC18
Replies: 10 - 19 of 29Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
jkbmmv

Re: SEBO Vacs
Reply #10   Aug 1, 2012 1:51 am
I love my 1700, but I wanna try something new... LOL I am always trading or swapping stuff just to get different things all the time and I am the same way with vacuums.. In all honesty, I'd probably keep my 1700 because its the first Riccar I've owned.. I usually always keep the firsts of something then swap the subsequent acquisitions...

With that said, I think the power nozzle is over kill for the rugs that I have. I'd enjoy the machine as it was intended more if I had wall to wall carpeting but I have 6 rugs and the rest of the flooring is ceramic, travertine or armstrong tiling. I wished the hose were longer, but that is because I vacuum my bedding because of my cats. I have a love hate relationship with the handle on the hose, so I wished the electrical connection to the hose wasn't integrated so I could put a non electrified hose on when I didn't need the wand/handle .. but that being said I love having the suction adjustments in my hand instead of the motor unit.

I guess I was used to my filter queen that had a custom 16 foot non electric hose... I guess I missed that setup because I rebuilt an older filter queen to add to my collection for that purpose.

What would satisfy me the most would be if the power nozzle was speed adjustable, or based upon the suction selected at the handle .. The brush roll is aggressive, and is perfect for installed carpeting... If it weren't for the cats, I wouldn't be so picky but I have to vacuum every day because of the hair and having the rugs get bound up in the power head is annoying... Especially when I am in a hurry.

Joshua
vacmanuk

Reply #11   Aug 1, 2012 8:05 am
jkbmmv wrote:
I love my 1700, but I wanna try something new... LOL I am always trading or swapping stuff just to get different things all the time and I am the same way with vacuums.. In all honesty, I'd probably keep my 1700 because its the first Riccar I've owned.. I usually always keep the firsts of something then swap the subsequent acquisitions...

With that said, I think the power nozzle is over kill for the rugs that I have. I'd enjoy the machine as it was intended more if I had wall to wall carpeting but I have 6 rugs and the rest of the flooring is ceramic, travertine or armstrong tiling. I wished the hose were longer, but that is because I vacuum my bedding because of my cats. I have a love hate relationship with the handle on the hose, so I wished the electrical connection to the hose wasn't integrated so I could put a non electrified hose on when I didn't need the wand/handle .. but that being said I love having the suction adjustments in my hand instead of the motor unit.

I guess I was used to my filter queen that had a custom 16 foot non electric hose... I guess I missed that setup because I rebuilt an older filter queen to add to my collection for that purpose.

What would satisfy me the most would be if the power nozzle was speed adjustable, or based upon the suction selected at the handle .. The brush roll is aggressive, and is perfect for installed carpeting... If it weren't for the cats, I wouldn't be so picky but I have to vacuum every day because of the hair and having the rugs get bound up in the power head is annoying... Especially when I am in a hurry.

If you get yourself a Sebo D4 vacuum DEMO then you can try the vacuum for free - then you'd know if it is suitable - or any dealer near you who sells SEBO.. Alternatively, the Sebo Felix upright uses the same floor head as the D4 and K3 in the U.S. I'm not a rep but from what you're saying I don't think you should fork out so much money for a new vacuum - the D4 is pretty high in the U.S and it is a pity that the non-electrified versions are not on sale yet like the D1, or D2 we have in the UK (as well as the D4).

In so far as requiring a 4.8 metre hose (which roughly equates to your 16ft requirement). Sebo's canister vacuums have a length of 2.1 metres and I myself have used their 3 metre extension hose for cleaning out homes attached at the end of the existing hose. There is suction there but in my experience, having too much hose can be a bit of a downside as it is often clumpy, bulky and inclined to bang off doors and cause more damage than necessary.

I can't speak for Riccar as we don't have them in the UK - but the Sebo design is used in commercial fields, the brush roll isn't aggressive as you may like to think. Sebo also sell a delicate floor roller that can be swapped around for the harder bristle action, thus giving you more control and peace of mind for cleaning delicate flooring. However, I have ceramic tiles and mahogany floors and I use the ET-1 floor head with the standard brush roll and at times switch it off if I want - I haven't noticed any damage incurred in the last 6 or 7 years with the use of my Sebo. The beauty of Sebo though is that they also sell a motorised polisher head for delicate flooring, so in the future if you considered either the Sebo K3, Sebo Felix or Sebo D4, you could buy that polisher head as well and use it with any of those vacuums.

Sadly because of the brush roll and its power, rugs that are not fixed to the floor will clump up in any power head. I have yet to find any other vacuum on the market that can safely clean rugs with a moving brush roll - the only exception is the low powered cordless Gtech Sweeper where its brush roll isn't as fast and the bristles are soft. Generally suction only floor heads are better for portable rugs but even then you have to stand on them to make sure they stay down when cleaning.

Can't you buy a suction only floor head and just put it in lieu of the powered nozzle on your Riccar?
This message was modified Aug 1, 2012 by vacmanuk
DC18

Reply #12   Aug 27, 2012 3:22 pm
I see SEBO have updated there German Website, liking the new look! Lots of new pictures and features displaying there new domestic and commercial range (www,sebo.de). I mentions a newly developed parquet nozzle on the Premium Felix range! Not sure there a picture of it!? Like the pictures some showing close ups too! Good work SEBO.
vacmanuk

Reply #13   Aug 28, 2012 8:36 am
DC18 wrote:
I see SEBO have updated there German Website, liking the new look! Lots of new pictures and features displaying there new domestic and commercial range (www,sebo.de). I mentions a newly developed parquet nozzle on the Premium Felix range! Not sure there a picture of it!? Like the pictures some showing close ups too! Good work SEBO.

Yes, I posted this on another vacuum cleaner forum yesterday. The site also shows a new video for the D Professional commercial canister vacuum and there's also a new Sebo Felix Stars and Stripes as well as flag exhaust covers for Berlin, Germany and of course our own Royale shown.

In the UK, the K3 Premium now features the same 2100 watt motor as the K3 Vulcano and both come with the extra long hose. Pity that Sebo UK don't offer the ET-1 Felix floor head though as they do with the D series. Eventually it may well be replaced. As the owner of both, I much prefer the ET-1 to the auto rising ET-H - its older and slightly heavier.

DC - I just sold my X4 and X1.1 a couple of weeks ago and bought myself the older X1 Automatic. I did miss the original model and now that I have a virtually brand new (but obviously older X1) I now know why I missed it - it is a lot quieter than my X4 and X1.1 (not that these models are louder than the current modern high motor uprights out there) and heck, I can use my other machines with a pet hair turbo tool - the X1 Automatic makes a lot more sense for a daily driver, that's also lower in noise.
This message was modified Aug 28, 2012 by vacmanuk
DC18

Reply #14   Sep 1, 2012 6:32 am
I think the new website for SEBO Germany is very good really like it, nicely laid out and informative. I'm still having a good look around it! Love the pictures especially the close up ones! So vacmanuk you've sold your SEBO X4 and X1.1 and now have a X1, I do see a few X1's on ebay recently. So your liking your SEBO X1 then? Sounds like you prefer it over the other X models? I'm looking at getting an X4 but still keeping my Felix. Like the idea of the convenience of the wand and hose on the X Series do miss not having a wand and hose combination on board. Be interesting to see what's new in the future from the SEBO stable.
jkbmmv

Reply #15   Sep 7, 2012 4:29 pm
I've tried and he won't get me a sebo to demo... He isn't interested in dealing with the line.. but after I started asking about sebo, he did buy a sebo X4 that a lady traded for a kirby sentria (dumb move I think) and thought that he'd sell it to me.. I told him I knew what he was up to and that it wasn't gonna go.. SO now he's stuck with a like new x4 that is just setting.. LOL Oh well I guess...

As far as the canister with the long hose, its nice to be able to do an entire flight of stairs without fighting with the canister, as well as clean my car out without having to drag the vac to each door.. That being said, I recently acquired a MD-S2 central vac canister that I installed.. Just had to pay for 2 new motors in it.. Talk about power... WOW.... That solves the 16' hose request cause now I have 30'... I'm using a lindhaus wide power nozzle with it. That lindhaus doesn't pull up the rugs as much as the riccar did. I think the Riccar is gonna go to Grandma for Christmas that way its still around if I ever needed it back...

Joshua
DC18

Reply #16   Sep 8, 2012 3:18 pm
I see in the latest Which Report that they tested a SEBO Felix and the filtration didn't score to well for allergen retention! Not sure why as I have a SEBO Felix Classic which I have had for 5 years now and can say you can never smell the dust from the bag and even the pet hairs now I have a dog! That is without the charcoal filter they now do and using paper bags not the new style ones and I have not got the fresh capsule in at present either! Not sure where Which are coming from! What was a very now surprise was one of my local big Curry Superstores now has a SEBO vacuum stand within the vacuum cleaner area, with a SEBO Banner 'We love SEBO'. They have a SEBO branded carpet mat and have on display the Felix Vogue and Pet models, the X4 Pet (which they had on display before on its own!) and the pet versions of the K & D Series (no hose or tube to test though). Least they now have a proper stand which was fab to see. Was quite surprised how light the D Series canister is! Would have loved to have seen more SEBO models on display but least it is a start!
vacmanuk

Reply #17   Sep 11, 2012 4:32 am
DC18 wrote:
I see in the latest Which Report that they tested a SEBO Felix and the filtration didn't score to well for allergen retention! Not sure why as I have a SEBO Felix Classic which I have had for 5 years now and can say you can never smell the dust from the bag and even the pet hairs now I have a dog! That is without the charcoal filter they now do and using paper bags not the new style ones and I have not got the fresh capsule in at present either! Not sure where Which are coming from! What was a very now surprise was one of my local big Curry Superstores now has a SEBO vacuum stand within the vacuum cleaner area, with a SEBO Banner 'We love SEBO'. They have a SEBO branded carpet mat and have on display the Felix Vogue and Pet models, the X4 Pet (which they had on display before on its own!) and the pet versions of the K & D Series (no hose or tube to test though). Least they now have a proper stand which was fab to see. Was quite surprised how light the D Series canister is! Would have loved to have seen more SEBO models on display but least it is a start!

I actually sent my Dart to Sebo to ingest the smell of cleaning up after two Westies - they weren't surprised as they had had a few owners complaining about the smell of dog coming from their previous Sebo machines - this is why the charcoal filter was released. What model did they test? If they tested the Vogue model then it wouldn't surprise me as that has the basic filter and Which would do that intentionally, since their latest tests show a few discrepancies with even their favourite Miele brand models. I finally cancelled my subscription with them this year after being with them since 2009. I wouldn't really consider Which to know what they are doing - no matter how independent they are.
DC18

Reply #18   Sep 14, 2012 5:02 pm
I've not really had any pet smells coming from my SEBO Felix to notice since we have a dog! The model I believe was the SEBO Felix 1 Premium - picture was the white and navy one! They gave it a best buy and strangely part of the cons was it noisy!! I don't find my particularly noisy! I know what you mean about Which! Will try the new style bags once I have finished with the paper ones!
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #19   Sep 26, 2012 11:07 pm
jkbmmv wrote:
As far as the canister with the long hose, its nice to be able to do an entire flight of stairs without fighting with the canister, as well as clean my car out without having to drag the vac to each door.. 

If you really want a long hose, why  not just purchase an extension hose.  This hose can connect to the wand-end of the handle hose.  Then you can vacuum w/o moving the main vacuum unit.
Replies: 10 - 19 of 29Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42