Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Hepa bags for Electrolux

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
SG76

Hepa bags for Electrolux
Original Message   Jul 7, 2012 7:59 am
Hi all,

I see alot of mixed reviews regarding the use of HEPA bags in the Electrolux canisters (made by Perfect and not actually Electrolux Aerus). I recently bought an Ambassador III on Ebay and am thinking of using the HEPA bags in it. 

Anyone know if it is truly not good for the vacuum motor, I have heard some say they make the Electrolux motor run hot and burn out.

I have had many vacuums that used HEPA bags, and never had issues with the motor. I would think if it filters better and keeps dirt out of the motor, it would last longer ?

Replies: 2 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
SG76

Re: Hepa bags for Electrolux
Reply #2   Jul 8, 2012 8:57 am
Awesome, thanks! I was hoping to find someone who had used them in their own vacuum!
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #3   Jul 9, 2012 2:39 am
You should not have any problems with airflow and using the Perfect bags.  With the "clothlike" bags, you will get more use from the bags.  I have found that bags can almost be completely filled.  I am not sure where you are hearing about airflow being a problem.  These bags keep more of the dirt in the bag and not everywhere else.
hooverman

Reply #4   Jul 1, 2013 9:12 pm
Don't buy from Crucial Vacuum!  I ordered Perfect C101 HEPA bags from them, but I received Endust brand HEPA bags & the Endust bags don't really fit the Electrolux very good.

I own the following Electrolux vacuums:

• G
  • L
  • Golden Jubilee
  • Epic 6500SR (C102)

All of the above use style C bags; but the Endust bags are "mis-shaped" & kept tripping the motor overload protection device on my Epic 6500SR.  I also had the same problem with the models G, 1205 & Golden Jubilee; even when I had the Automatic Control on setting 6 (fine dust) it still shut off when the bag was only 30% full.

Replies: 2 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42