Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Hepa bags for Electrolux

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
SG76

Hepa bags for Electrolux
Original Message   Jul 7, 2012 7:59 am
Hi all,

I see alot of mixed reviews regarding the use of HEPA bags in the Electrolux canisters (made by Perfect and not actually Electrolux Aerus). I recently bought an Ambassador III on Ebay and am thinking of using the HEPA bags in it. 

Anyone know if it is truly not good for the vacuum motor, I have heard some say they make the Electrolux motor run hot and burn out.

I have had many vacuums that used HEPA bags, and never had issues with the motor. I would think if it filters better and keeps dirt out of the motor, it would last longer ?

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Vernon

Re: Hepa bags for Electrolux
Reply #1   Jul 7, 2012 9:40 pm
I don't know who would say it makes "the Electrolux motor run hot and burn out.".  I've used the perfect hepa bags in my Luxes without any problem.  In fact, I find them to have better airflow than paper.  (as measured per the Baird airflow meter)   So, better airflow should dissipate heat better.  In fact, I would venture to say that it would benefit the motor in that no, or little dust will pass through the motor.  The only caveat that I can see as to using the perfect bags, the cardboard strip that crosses the inlet opening, can be difficult to puncture through.  What I'm starting to do is tear that strip off, so the door closes more easily.  Only caveat to this is that when you do change the bag, the little hole in the rubber is open and has the potential to leak dirt/debris. 
SG76

Reply #2   Jul 8, 2012 8:57 am
Awesome, thanks! I was hoping to find someone who had used them in their own vacuum!
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #3   Jul 9, 2012 2:39 am
You should not have any problems with airflow and using the Perfect bags.  With the "clothlike" bags, you will get more use from the bags.  I have found that bags can almost be completely filled.  I am not sure where you are hearing about airflow being a problem.  These bags keep more of the dirt in the bag and not everywhere else.
hooverman

Reply #4   Jul 1, 2013 9:12 pm
Don't buy from Crucial Vacuum!  I ordered Perfect C101 HEPA bags from them, but I received Endust brand HEPA bags & the Endust bags don't really fit the Electrolux very good.

I own the following Electrolux vacuums:

• G
  • L
  • Golden Jubilee
  • Epic 6500SR (C102)

All of the above use style C bags; but the Endust bags are "mis-shaped" & kept tripping the motor overload protection device on my Epic 6500SR.  I also had the same problem with the models G, 1205 & Golden Jubilee; even when I had the Automatic Control on setting 6 (fine dust) it still shut off when the bag was only 30% full.

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42