Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Electrolux Ambassador III verses Kenmore Intution Canister (Red Model)

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
SG76

Electrolux Ambassador III verses Kenmore Intution Canister (Red Model)
Original Message   Jun 20, 2012 12:40 pm
Does anyone know the "waterlift"  readings for an Electrolux Ambassador III or Kenmore Intution Canister (Red Model) and which is more powerful ?
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
procare

Re: Electrolux Ambassador III verses Kenmore Intution Canister (Red Model)
Reply #1   Jun 20, 2012 7:01 pm
The Ambassador III is a 1995 Model hat had an Airwatts rating of 308. The approximate waterlift was about 95 to 100 inches of waterlift.

Procare

procare

Reply #2   Jun 20, 2012 9:25 pm
In doing research it was found out the Kenmore was 80 inches of waterlift and 70 cubic feet of airflow.

Procare

SG76

Reply #3   Jun 21, 2012 11:03 am
Thank you for the answers!
CountVacula

Reply #4   Dec 26, 2014 5:21 pm
Procare, where did you find the suction and airflow information for the Intuition? The motor it uses is common to many Panasonic canister vacuums and Panasonic rates them at 500 air watts. I have one and it has significantly more suction and airflow than my 5.4 Whispertone I have with a freshly rebuilt motor, and Lamb rates the 5.4 motor at 445 air watts with both suction and airflow over 100. I also have an Electrolux with a new Guardian motor and the Panasonic motor is noticeably stronger.
CountVacula

Reply #5   Jul 24, 2015 12:32 am
I recently acquired a clean floor demo red Intuition. It has a lot more suction than my Lux Epic 8000 with a more modern Guardian motor to replace the worn original. The old Ambassador is considerably less powerful than either of these two. The Intuition has the same motor used in the full sized bagged Panasonic canisters and is comparable to a full sized Miele for suction and airflow. It's a class above the Lux.
mole

Reply #6   Jul 25, 2015 11:31 am
The red Kenmore is a decent strait suction canister.The problem with this machine are cracked lower housings It starts at the front pivot wheel and travels right down the middle of the housing.It can not stand up to being rolled over threshholds 2 many times. The ambassadors do not have this problem, Although if dropped it can all be fixed and not cost a fortune.
CountVacula

Reply #7   Jul 25, 2015 1:10 pm
Are we talking about the same machines? The Intuition was Kenmore's top of the line canister prior to the introduction of the current Elite canister. The first generation red Intuition came with what I think is their best ever Powermate. Cen-Tec sells the same floor brush as the CT22QD. Panasonic builds it for both brands. The cheap wheels everyone complains about on other modern Powermates were replaced by old style rollers on the rear, and it has a very nice articulated swivel neck. It is one of the best floor brushes on the market. When you say "straight suction" I have to think you are thinking of another model canister. The Intuition is a very good deep cleaner for carpets. The motor has 500 air watts and is the same part number used in modern full sized Panasonic canister vacuums. As for the critique about them cracking, I guess I don't abuse consumer durables like others do (my wife unfortunately is another story, she is hell on appliances including vacuums). I don't drop vacuums (how does someone drop a vacuum anyway, I just can't picture this) or bang them over thresholds. I've seen plenty of dented and banged up Luxes and wonder what someone did to make their vacuum look like that. Also have seen plenty of rusty ones. Plastic doesn't rust or hold dents. I don't know how you are breaking the plastic on a Kenmore body. I have never once experienced that and I have Kenmores going back to the early 1950s. You can break the best made product if you abuse it. Btw, there is a technique called plastic welding used to repair damaged motorcycle parts that ought to fix any crack in a canister body. It is a well understood method that is widely used to repair crash damage in expensive motorcycle bodywork, no different that repairing dents or rust holes in an old Lux when you think about it.
This message was modified Jul 25, 2015 by CountVacula
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42