Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Help!! Looking for a new Vac.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DanM

Help!! Looking for a new Vac.
Original Message   Jun 9, 2011 1:46 pm
Went to 3 local dealers and came up with 4 different models to choose from.  A little expert guidance here would be appreciated because all are quite an investment for a Vacuum, but I am tired of replacing every 2-3 years.  I am also tired of the Vacuum smelling like my dog after 6 months of use.  Only interested in cannister and bagged.

Models considering are: Simplicity/Riccar Cinch/Charisma 399  Snap/Pizazz 599.  Meile Titan 599 or Libra floor model 699.  Finally also there is an Electrolux Ultrasilencer deluxe model # 7066a that is marked 100 off and is now 599.

Thanks in advance for your help

Replies: 9 - 18 of 18Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
DanM

Re: Help!! Looking for a new Vac.
Reply #9   Jun 11, 2011 1:52 pm
When I was at the dealer that recommends the Meile, she also offered a lifetime service plan for $99 (regularly offered for $199).  This service plan includes: 2 annual services (complete internal and external reconditioning), 1 year extension of original manufacturers warranty....excludes bags,filters, and belst), free labor on non warranty repairs, 2 free rug Dr. rentals annually, 1 free tile and grout cleaner rental annually, 10% off all non-machine purchases, preferred repair status (puts you at the head of the line), free loaner vacuum during repair and service periods and 100% refund towards future vacuum purchases. 

I have never been big on a service plan before, but this seems pretty good.  Does anybody else think that it is worth it?

vacmanuk

Reply #10   Jun 11, 2011 8:41 pm
Mike_W wrote:
I have not forgotten at all.  Even if the AAC filter was purchased, it would still cost more than the HEPA  filter on the Riccar and Simplicity.  Now, add the cheaper cost for the 6pk of synthetic bags to Miele's 4pk.  Even if Tacony's filters cost the same as Miele's AAC filter, it is still cheaper.  The cheaper Riccar and Simplicity does not have a Charcoal filter.

But can't you buy a upgradeable filter for the cheaper Riccar & Simplicity to match top models?
procare

Reply #11   Jun 12, 2011 8:51 pm
Where do you get service if the dealer goes out of business? Is it a company programor the dealer? Aerus has the bestwarranty I know of.

Procare

DanM

Reply #12   Jun 12, 2011 10:03 pm
I would get service from the dealer!!!
mole

Reply #13   Jun 13, 2011 9:28 am
DanM wrote:
I would get service from the dealer!!!

Have the dealer pick up thru the powerhead , 3 quarters, 2 dimes and 1 nickle.If the machine is still working properly then pay him the sticker price..

By have him doing this will show you what the machine is really made of.

Riccar/Miele  two the same.............

regards

MOLE

DanM

Reply #14   Jun 13, 2011 3:21 pm
Purchased the Meile today.  I am glad that I got to test them head to head.  Paid $699 for the Meile and could have had the Riccar for $399 (on sale).  There is absolutely no comparison between the two.  The Riccar is closer to a Kenmore (build quality), while the Meile is built to last.  Thanks for your help, but there is no substitute for actually trying them out head to head.
vacmanuk

Reply #15   Jun 14, 2011 6:33 pm
DanM wrote:
Purchased the Meile today.  I am glad that I got to test them head to head.  Paid $699 for the Meile and could have had the Riccar for $399 (on sale).  There is absolutely no comparison between the two.  The Riccar is closer to a Kenmore (build quality), while the Meile is built to last.  Thanks for your help, but there is no substitute for actually trying them out head to head.

Well I'm pleased you chose either. Dont forget you can upgrade your filter with Miele and there are tons of great additional accessories you can buy.
This message was modified Jun 14, 2011 by vacmanuk
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #16   Jun 15, 2011 1:21 am
DanM wrote:

Congrats on  you  new purchase.  Like I said in an earlier post, "You have listed some very good choices, for your future investment, in the Riccar/Simplicity and Miele.  I will have to disagree w/you re:comparing the Riccar to a Kenmore.  I would ask you to lift each and get a feel for them.  Take the two power nozzles and compare them.  Take the deluxe Riccar/Simplicity power nozzles and compare them to the Kenmore power nozzle.  feel the bristles.  I have to wonder if you are looking at the Riccar Pizzaz, because I cannot believe that this woman would sell the Midsize Riccar for less than the Pizzaz.  The Pizzaz is not like the Charisma.

Remember what I always say, "Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"
This message was modified Jun 15, 2011 by Mike_W
DanM

Reply #17   Jun 15, 2011 2:38 am
Mike_W wrote:
Congrats on  you  new purchase.  Like I said in an earlier post, "You have listed some very good choices, for your future investment, in the Riccar/Simplicity and Miele.  I will have to disagree w/you re:comparing the Riccar to a Kenmore.  I would ask you to lift each and get a feel for them.  Take the two power nozzles and compare them.  Take the deluxe Riccar/Simplicity power nozzles and compare them to the Kenmore power nozzle.  feel the bristles.  I have to wonder if you are looking at the Riccar Pizzaz, because I cannot believe that this woman would sell the Midsize Riccar for less than the Pizzaz.  The Pizzaz is not like the Charisma.

Remember what I always say, "Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

I am sorry Mike it was the Riccar Pristine for $499 and the Charisma for $399 (No Pizazz in the mix).  I will tell you that the Miele is in a different class than both and that actually the Electrolux Ultra Silencer Deluxe 7066A was better buy than any Riccar with similar goodies as the Miele Capricorn and better plastic tnan the Riccars.

hooverman

Reply #18   Jun 19, 2011 5:13 pm
Get a Eureka Mighty Mite & pair it with a Turbocat Powerhead; you'll have the best deal ever.
Replies: 9 - 18 of 18Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42