Original Message   Apr 4, 2011 2:04 pm
Which one would you choose and why?
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Miele S7 vs. Riccar Brilliance
Reply #1   Apr 4, 2011 2:35 pm
jrw14493 wrote:

The quickest and easiest answer I would give is: Either, or, and both.  What do I mean?  You can't possibly chose wrong if these are the two from which you are looking to buy.  It's really, really, up to you and what you prefer in terms of your personal needs, wants, and $.  In either case, you will get, depending on your decision, the best in German made uprights and/or the best in American made uprights.  What I would suggest is that you seek out an independent vacuum store owner/operator[s] nearby to you who is/are authorized MIELE and RICCAR dealers.  Usually, vacuum stores in business for 20 years or more are authorized for both brands.  That's my personal and professional observation.  Visit the store and take the models through the tasks.  If another beside you will be using the vacuum too, take along with you.  Ask your questions, get your answers, come back here if you are unsure, and take your time with your decision with the plan in mind of getting the best possible deal you can.  Oftentimes, the indy's will have display/store models that they are looking to deal on with their customers.  It's the way I purchased a RICCAR upright at a fantastic price back in the early 2000's that was a real winner.  I gifted it away after several years and had zero problems with it except for occasional belt and bulb replacements.

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Re: Miele S7 vs. Riccar Brilliance
Reply #2   Apr 5, 2011 8:46 pm
jrw14493 wrote:

IF Riccar as good as they say, then I'd go for the Riccar and here's why. Whilst UK (where I'm from) cost prices for Miele vacuums are reliatively cheaper, the U.S has expensive prices and so do the consumables like yearly filter (if considering Active Air Clean or HEPA) and the dust bags. Also, the UK have had dodgy Miele uprights (the company don't like to admit it) where handle problems like breaking off at the top seem to be common as well as mains cord thread problems.

Also the S7 is difficult to steer despite the swivel and the floor head will have to continually be pedalled if vacuuming other surfaces, like thicker rugs on hard floors or thicker carpet over thin materials.
This message was modified Apr 5, 2011 by vacmanuk
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42