Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Is vacuum bag dust bypass normal?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
iMacDaddy

Electrolux UltraOne EL7070, Bissell BigGreen Deep Cleaning Machine

Is vacuum bag dust bypass normal?
Original Message   Apr 3, 2011 8:00 pm
Is is normal to find dust bypassing your vacuum bag? I've been using premium cloth "anti-allergy" bags (I believe that mean thicker cloth layers), and when I opened up my canister yesterday, I was a little surprised to find a thin layer of dust within the compartment. I inspected the cloth bag to see if there weren't any punctures from any sharp debris within, and didn't find any. I suppose that's why there is a pre filter in the compartment as well, but I was surprised to see the dust bypass after moving to a new place and vacuuming different carpet for the first time. I suppose a higher concentrated influx of dust and dirt from poorly maintained carpeting may be to blame for the noticeable bypasss.
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Is vacuum bag dust bypass normal?
Reply #1   Apr 4, 2011 7:10 am
iMacDaddy wrote:
Is is normal to find dust bypassing your vacuum bag? I've been using premium cloth "anti-allergy" bags (I believe that mean thicker cloth layers), and when I opened up my canister yesterday, I was a little surprised to find a thin layer of dust within the compartment. I inspected the cloth bag to see if there weren't any punctures from any sharp debris within, and didn't find any. I suppose that's why there is a pre filter in the compartment as well, but I was surprised to see the dust bypass after moving to a new place and vacuuming different carpet for the first time. I suppose a higher concentrated influx of dust and dirt from poorly maintained carpeting may be to blame for the noticeable bypasss.

Hello iMacDady:

You don't say the make and model vacuum.  Question:  Do you use the maker's original bags made for your vacuum, or a replacement brand made to fit your make/model?

Carmine D.

iMacDaddy

Reply #2   Apr 4, 2011 11:51 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello iMacDady:

You don't say the make and model vacuum.  Question:  Do you use the maker's original bags made for your vacuum, or a replacement brand made to fit your make/model?

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

Sorry I forgot to mention, it's an Electrolux UltraOne canister. I am using OEM cloth bags (the anti-allegy kind). But I just wanted to know in general if some light dust leakage is expected for those who own Miele's, Oreck's, Sebo's, etc.

Keith
CarmineD

Reply #3   Apr 4, 2011 1:16 pm
iMacDaddy wrote:
Hi Carmine,

Sorry I forgot to mention, it's an Electrolux UltraOne canister. I am using OEM cloth bags (the anti-allegy kind). But I just wanted to know in general if some light dust leakage is expected for those who own Miele's, Oreck's, Sebo's, etc.

Keith

Hello Keith:

You're doing the right stuff.  That's the best bag made for your vacuum, I believe.  Just curious, have you tried the standard S-bag Clinic bag in your E-lux UltraOne?  If so, have you noticed differences in the dust leakages inside the bag compartment bewteen the two bags?

Carmine D.

iMacDaddy

Reply #4   Apr 5, 2011 11:33 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Keith:

You're doing the right stuff.  That's the best bag made for your vacuum, I believe.  Just curious, have you tried the standard S-bag Clinic bag in your E-lux UltraOne?  If so, have you noticed differences in the dust leakages inside the bag compartment bewteen the two bags?

Carmine D.

Well, I've switched over to the higher capacity "ultra long performance" cloth bag. I have been using it for a couple of days now, and there is no indication of dust bypass at this time. I'll carefully monitor it as the bag collects more and more debris.

Keith
CarmineD

Reply #5   Apr 6, 2011 7:26 am
iMacDaddy wrote:
Well, I've switched over to the higher capacity "ultra long performance" cloth bag. I have been using it for a couple of days now, and there is no indication of dust bypass at this time. I'll carefully monitor it as the bag collects more and more debris.

Keith

E-lux makes 3 or 4 styles of paper/cloth bags for the UltraOne and I wasn't sure which was the best in terms of highest percent of dust size containment.  You may have solved the problem but I suspect at a higher cost per bag.  Still it may be worth the additional amount to you to keep the bag compartment cleaner and therefore the motor and outside air cleaner too.  Especially if you use often.

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42