Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > The Dyson Ball finally has a competitor: New Electrolux Nimble

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
iMacDaddy

Electrolux UltraOne EL7070, Bissell BigGreen Deep Cleaning Machine

The Dyson Ball finally has a competitor: New Electrolux Nimble
Original Message   Feb 15, 2011 4:23 pm
I actually played with one at Lowes the other day. Overall, I liked the design, but the foam pre-filter is crap compared to Dyson's recent pre-filter design (which is also featured on the Hoover Platinum Cyclonic and Panasonic/Kenmore canisters...but I suppose its washable HEPA filter makes up for it. http://smallappliances.electroluxusa.com/ Highlights: - 14 foot cleaning reach - LED headlight - "Ball-like" swivel action - Metal Soleplate - 5 year warranty - $299
This message was modified Feb 15, 2011 by iMacDaddy
Replies: 8 - 17 of 77Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: The Dyson Ball finally has a competitor: New Electrolux Nimble
Reply #8   Feb 16, 2011 2:03 pm
Lucky1 wrote:
I am starting to get lots of Dyson $#%* in for repair. I'm also finding out I'm not the only one. Seems the wiring "harness" that runs along side of the ball in the yoke is splitting wires and shorting out the PH and blowing PCB boards. I have to say I am SHOCKED at how thin and fragile the wiring is.

Hello Lucky1

Almost one year ago, the authorized dyson warranty dealer in Las Vegas told me he/his store refused to sell any new DC25 models because the motor wiring harness fails within just a few months of the sale.  The wire is thread thin and the constant back and forth jerky motion of the ball movement breaks it in short order and the motor stops running.  I asked back then here on this Forum if there was a recall/workaround by dyson for the problem but no dyson authority spoke up and out.  The lack of response to my post gave me the conspicous answer.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #9   Feb 16, 2011 2:06 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
What is out of date about Dyson products.  The only new vacs on the market are Dyson copies.  You say the ball started in 2005.  How old is the Oreck?????  The only thing current in the Oreck line is either a Dyson copy or a purchase of another line.  Ol Dave and family pay bare wages and sell at exorbitant prices.  No engineers to worry about.  Sir James invests in product design rather than hoarding all the profits. 

Do you find yourself having to dust after running the Oreck since it only stirs up surface dust as opposed to pulling it into the bag?

Again I ask what has dyson designed and produced lately?

Carmine D.

bucks03

Reply #10   Feb 16, 2011 2:09 pm
Thats a shame to hear about the problem with Dyson DC25 wire harness. Ive had my Dyson DC24 for over a year now and it gets a lot of use and has been fine so far.

I suppose though that vacuum cleaner stores and repair centres get to hear about the problems with machines as they have the unfortunate job of having to deal with the customer when they return back.

vacmanuk

Reply #11   Feb 16, 2011 8:38 pm
Its a pity its taken so long since so many other brands have already launched swivelling uprights like...

The SEBO Felix Sebo FELIXPET Vacuum Cleaner Bagged Upright 1300WThe Miele S7 Miele Bolero Upright Vacuum Cleaner - 7580 Bolero S7 - Deep BlackThe Hoover Slalom
CarmineD

Reply #12   Feb 16, 2011 9:41 pm
bucks03 wrote:
Thats a shame to hear about the problem with Dyson DC25 wire harness. Ive had my Dyson DC24 for over a year now and it gets a lot of use and has been fine so far.

I suppose though that vacuum cleaner stores and repair centres get to hear about the problems with machines as they have the unfortunate job of having to deal with the customer when they return back.

Hello bucks03:

Dyson dropped the ball with DC25.    Pun intended.

Carmine D.

iMacDaddy

Electrolux UltraOne EL7070, Bissell BigGreen Deep Cleaning Machine

Re: The Dyson Ball finally has a competitor: New Electrolux Nimble 4,5,7,9,12
Reply #13   Feb 16, 2011 11:36 pm
Hello Venson: Yep, $299 is the going rate for the green unit over at Lowes right now, even though the Electrolux website listed a $399 MSRP. Honestly, even if Electrolux forced Lowes to bump up the price another $100, it would still be a much better value than the Dyson DC25 Animal at $549. One particular Lowes associate remarked that he thought that the Nimble is better constructed than the Dyson, doesn't feel as flimsy and twisty at the handle, looks more upscale, and was surprised by the price and warranty of the machine when they first arrive [I think Electrolux is now bumping up their warranty coverage from two years to five years on most of their popular machines]. I definitely like the looks of this machine -- I really get a "Miele S7" vibe from its exterior (It's actually how I imagined that patented bag-less Miele that never game to fruition). Hopefully, the Nimble will get proper marketing.
This message was modified Feb 17, 2011 by iMacDaddy
CarmineD

Reply #14   Feb 17, 2011 7:52 am
WRT Electrolux Nimble price, Lowe's typically runs "Black Friday Sales" in the spring, as does its chief competitor Home Depot.  In large part because customers are shaking off the frugal fatigue of winter hibernation and readying their homes and yards for a more busy social life and therefore needed and wanted improvements.  May be able to get an additional 10-20 percent off the Nimble during these spring sales.

Carmine D.

Venson

Re: The Dyson Ball finally has a competitor: New Electrolux Nimble 4,5,7,9,12
Reply #15   Feb 17, 2011 8:30 am
iMacDaddy wrote:
Hello Venson: Yep, $299 is the going rate for the green unit over at Lowes right now, even though the Electrolux website listed a $399 MSRP. Honestly, even if Electrolux forced Lowes to bump up the price another $100, it would still be a much better value than the Dyson DC25 Animal at $549. One particular Lowes associate remarked that he thought that the Nimble is better constructed than the Dyson, doesn't feel as flimsy and twisty at the handle, looks more upscale, and was surprised by the price and warranty of the machine when they first arrive [I think Electrolux is now bumping up their warranty coverage from two years to five years on most of their popular machines]. I definitely like the looks of this machine -- I really get a "Miele S7" vibe from its exterior (It's actually how I imagined that patented bag-less Miele that never game to fruition). Hopefully, the Nimble will get proper marketing.                

Hi IMacDaddy,

Thanks for the very descriptive pictures.  Pricepointwise, I think some of the new bagless uprights will give Dyson a run for the money due to features not found on a lot of what Dyson has on the market.  Simple things like carpet height adjustment, switchable motor speeds and easier attachment use.

vacmanuk

Reply #16   Feb 17, 2011 6:34 pm
IM well impressed with those pictures and I love the design buttons etc. Sadly I can see that with the handle downwards and with so much excess bulk it wouldn't appeal to me for getting under low furniture whilst the vent at the front would probably annoy the heck out of me, blowing papers around.
CarmineD

Reply #17   Mar 3, 2011 7:58 am
Lowe's has a video of the Electrolux Nimble on its web site.

http://www.lowes.com/pl_Electrolux_4294810320+4294965194_40_?cm_cr=Vacuums++Floor+Care-_-Web+Activity-_-Vacuums+CR+Popular+Brands-_-SC_Vacuums++Floor+Care_CenterRail_Area3-_-97617_3_Pop_Brands_Electrolux

Carmine D.

This message was modified Mar 3, 2011 by CarmineD
Replies: 8 - 17 of 77Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42