Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Vacmaster VWM510 . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Vacmaster VWM510 . . .
Original Message   Feb 3, 2011 10:24 am

Hi,

Just got a press release this morning regarding the new Vacmaster VWM510, a wall-mounted wet-and-dry vacuum, that is claimed to be moving from the garage and shop into the household proper.  And, first look, I like the idea.  This machine is said to offer high suction, quiet operation and has a 21-foot hose with remote controlled on and off.  Despite its large five-gallon capacity, it is claimed that the unit can fit inside sink cabinets or other out of the way places inside the home.  This might prove a good deal for those living in small apartments or homes

It can also be used as a blower.  For me a vacuum with a blower port serves a hundred times better -- and is a hundred times less expensive -- than "canned air" for cleaning out computers and related electronic equipment.

This morning I contacted the company (866-384-8432) to ask some questions.  The VWM510 can also be fitted with bags and the company also offers the option of a 10 or 11-foot hose extension.  Please note that the unit has standard-size attachment options.  However, I did ask if easy attachment of an electric power nozzle was possible and was told  no by the person I spoke with.  It would also seem that the company has no such thing in mind for future.  Yet, the person I spoke with actually has one at home -- she gets hers free since she works for tthe company -- and says it works wonderfully as a straight suction vacuum due to its high suction.

Liking things the simpler the better as time passes, I like the idea of the VWM510 and think it may differ from similar spins on the idea.  I also assume that emissions issues may be less as it is a vacuum you don't need to have folllow your trail through your place.  However, filtration options all the way from HEPA and disposable bags down to foam are also offered.

Article: http://www.adi-news.com/wall-mounted-wet-dry-vac-being-installed-in-home-across-us/28012/

Video link: http://vacmaster.com/wall-mount.html

Best,

Venson

This message was modified Feb 3, 2011 by Venson
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Vacmaster VWM510 . . .
Reply #1   Feb 3, 2011 2:24 pm
Thanks Venson.  3 retailers sell for $129: TARGET, BEST BUY and Costco stores.  I would think a turbo tool with revolving brush would fit and work.  Not sure why the company doesn't sell.  Like you said, maybe it feels the 5 HP is sufficient in straight suction mode.  And most stores carry turbo tools for about $15 which would probably work on the Vacmaster.

Impressive.  I like the claim: Leading vacuum making company.  Reminds me of another company that makes the same claim.  I like the prices of the Vacmaster much better.  And the wet/dry feature and bag/baless of Vacmaster gives more bang for the buck than the "other" vacuum brand.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #2   Feb 4, 2011 10:34 am
CarmineD wrote:
Thanks Venson.  3 retailers sell for $129: TARGET, BEST BUY and Costco stores.  I would think a turbo tool with revolving brush would fit and work.  Not sure why the company doesn't sell.  Like you said, maybe it feels the 5 HP is sufficient in straight suction mode.  And most stores carry turbo tools for about $15 which would probably work on the Vacmaster.

Impressive.  I like the claim: Leading vacuum making company.  Reminds me of another company that makes the same claim.  I like the prices of the Vacmaster much better.  And the wet/dry feature and bag/baless of Vacmaster gives more bang for the buck than the "other" vacuum brand.

Carmine D.

HI Carmine,

I also learned that there is a similar machine from this company with a detachable remote switch being sold under the Kobalt brand.  Lowes has it exclusively for $99.00.

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #3   Feb 4, 2011 1:03 pm
Venson wrote:
HI Carmine,

I also learned that there is a similar machine from this company with a detachable remote switch being sold under the Kobalt brand.  Lowes has it exclusively for $99.00.

Venson

Hi Venson:

You're right.  I was at Lowe's this week to buy a new garbage disposal but I was in a hurry and didn't stop by the vacuum aisle.  The store has two vacuum aisles.  One for the domestic brands and one for the shop vacs and accessories.  I didn't get to see the Kobalt in person.  But I will go back and check it out.  Looks like a winner.  Thanks Venson.

Carmine D.

Kobalt 5-Gallon 5-Peak HP Wall Mount Wet/Dry Vacuum
vacmanuk

Reply #4   Feb 6, 2011 3:18 pm
I love the idea, but surely you'll need a load bearing wall to have such a large machine wall mounted? I still prefer the canister idea with wheels. Especially Karcher's latest models in Europe that now have a special plug on board for DIY tools such as drills or sanders you can use whilst also using the vacuum cleaner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5RABocX0io

And this one (much smaller) has a blow function too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRgca4b3Obs
This message was modified Feb 6, 2011 by vacmanuk
CarmineD

Reply #5   Feb 7, 2011 7:56 am
vacmanuk wrote:
I love the idea, but surely you'll need a load bearing wall to have such a large machine wall mounted? I still prefer the canister idea with wheels. Especially Karcher's latest models in Europe that now have a special plug on board for DIY tools such as drills or sanders you can use whilst also using the vacuum cleaner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5RABocX0io

And this one (much smaller) has a blow function too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRgca4b3Obs

Hello Vacmanuk:

In the photo that Venson posted, the unit is mounted above an electrical outlet.  Most times, USA builders install electrical outlets on the wall frames [2" by 4"] usually 16" or so apart.  Shouldn't be a problem in most homes/garages as indicated by the photo.  BTW, I believe 200 plus Karcher attendees are in Las Vegas this week for its yearly meeting.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #6   Feb 7, 2011 10:02 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Vacmanuk:

In the photo that Venson posted, the unit is mounted above an electrical outlet.  Most times, USA builders install electrical outlets on the wall frames [2" by 4"] usually 16" or so apart.  Shouldn't be a problem in most homes/garages as indicated by the photo.  BTW, I believe 200 plus Karcher attendees are in Las Vegas this week for its yearly meeting.

Carmine D.

Good morming,

Though I am still looking for weight specs these vacs, I think it doubtful that the Vacmaster or Kobalt are all that heavy.  As well. per the maker, the mount for either machine is designed to require only one wall stud and attaches with just a couple of screws.  Five gallons is not a staggering amount for just dry dirt collection of the usual type household dust and debris.  Were I to need to regularly do a high volume of wet pick-up I'd worry.  Nonetheless, the vacuums can be quite easily removed from their wall mounts to travel through house or apartment with you.

One of my missions this year will be trying to disseminate as much info about very affordable but worthwhile vacuums -- and ideas.  Normally, I'd feel spending extra cash on vacuums with a track record is rather like buying ahead, the investment gaining worth yearly due to a machine's continued good service and durability.  That kind of spending is no longer possible for lots and lots of people here in the U.S.  It's been reported that last month, only 36,000 jobs slots got filled across the nation.  Per the NY Times, the blame for that is being laid on the weather but I'd most humbly inquire, what happened in Vegas, Miami, and great big warm states like California?  Were they out shoveling snow like New Yorkers?

Even more curious is to me is the numbers Sebo, Miele, Ricccar/Simplicity and many of our very expensive door-to-door niche brands will achieve the end of the year with even less consumers able to afford them.

Anyway, both these machines can satisfy cleaning needs and, with the optional upgrades, emission requirements of even fussy folks at a very nice price.

Best,

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #7   Feb 7, 2011 1:56 pm
Venson wrote:
Good morming,

Though I am still looking for weight specs these vacs, I think it doubtful that the Vacmaster or Kobalt are all that heavy.  As well. per the maker, the mount for either machine is designed to require only one wall stud and attaches with just a couple of screws.  Five gallons is not a staggering amount for just dry dirt collection of the usual type household dust and debris.  Were I to need to regularly do a high volume of wet pick-up I'd worry.  Nonetheless, the vacuums can be quite easily removed from their wall mounts to travel through house or apartment with you.

One of my missions this year will be trying to disseminate as much info about very affordable but worthwhile vacuums -- and ideas.  Normally, I'd feel spending extra cash on vacuums with a track record is rather like buying ahead, the investment gaining worth yearly due to a machine's continued good service and durability.  That kind of spending is no longer possible for lots and lots of people here in the U.S.  It's been reported that last month, only 36,000 jobs slots got filled across the nation.  Per the NY Times, the blame for that is being laid on the weather but I'd most humbly inquire, what happened in Vegas, Miami, and great big warm states like California?  Were they out shoveling snow like New Yorkers?

Even more curious is to me is the numbers Sebo, Miele, Ricccar/Simplicity and many of our very expensive door-to-door niche brands will achieve the end of the year with even less consumers able to afford them.

Anyway, both these machines can satisfy cleaning needs and, with the optional upgrades, emission requirements of even fussy folks at a very nice price.

Best,

Venson

Hi Venson:

The uemployment rate in Nevada rivals the handful of states with the highest in the nation.  While national unemployment is running 9 plus percent, Nevada and Las Vegas particularly is holding steady at 14-15 percent unemployed.  With that has come the one of the highest foreclosure rates for homes in the nations, one of the highest number of mortgage payments in arrears, and one of the highest bankruptcy rates among individuals and businesses. 

Carmine D.

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42