Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
hooverman

Carpet shampooers
Original Message   Jan 28, 2010 3:26 pm
I plan to re-open my vacuum shop & need to know which shampooers to buy.  Since I hear that Hoover Steam Vac SpinScrub (NOT the Dirt Devil Easy Steamer style) is better than its competitors, I'm not sure whether to get the Classic or Platinum?  I know the Bissell ProHeat & Royal/Dirt Devil are junk & the Rug Doctor doesn't scrub the carpet good enough like the XXX & Hoover do.

Extractor type

1. Hoover Steam Vac SpinScrub w/Clean Surge
  2. Hoover Platinum or XXX R/C Steam Vac
  3. XXX Duo Power (Hoover Dual V)

Scrubber/polisher type

1. Aerus/Lux Floor Pro
  2. Koblenz Cleaning Machine
  3. Hoover FloorMAX (or Floor-A-Matic)
  4. Oreck Orbiter
Replies: 31 - 37 of 37Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
retardturtle1

Re: Carpet shampooers
Reply #31   Jan 7, 2011 4:49 pm
Trebor wrote:
I concur with the praise of the Aerus/Lux Floorpro. If you desire a superlative cleansing of your carpets, I highly recommend  picking up/rinsing with a Hoover Steam vac using white vinegar in water, totally breaks up any soap residue and acts as a defoamer. squeaky clean! I have also used a Kirby shampooer and followed with the Hoover steam vac with excellent results

Hi Trebor

I also have tried it the way you mentioned...with both machines...and the results were excellent. Well worth the time and effort.

turtle

vacomatic

Reply #32   Jan 12, 2011 10:35 am
When CU tested carpet cleaners some time ago, they found the ones with stationary "cross action" brushes did the worst job cleaning rugs. 
Those are usually on the cheaper machines, though Bissell and Dirt Devil do have low cost machines with rotary brushes.

What worries me is the soap residue all the extractors leave behind. 
My workaround's to go over the rug again with the machine filled with only hot water, thus "rinsing" the rug.

Would be nice to find a "dry" carpet cleaner that really works without producing gobs of fine dust that clog vacuum bags in a hurry.
hooverman

Reply #33   Jan 12, 2011 5:40 pm
I guess I'm going for a Hoover SpinScrub Steam Vac mdl #F5914 for now; they seem to last longer than the others.
Actionvac

Reply #34   Jan 13, 2011 3:19 pm
The Royal has been great for us almost no issues
Trebor

Reply #35   Jan 19, 2011 12:56 pm
I have experienced excellent results using the HOST carpet cleaning compound. It is made of ground sea sponges saturated with solvent. No harm done by walking on it, no soaking of carpet, and no need to move heavy furniture to avoid stains from wood legs/metal buttons. It dries to a granular residue, not a powder.
n2n2

Reply #36   Jan 23, 2011 8:50 pm
Actionvac wrote:
The Royal has been great for us almost no issues

Just wanted to add my kudos for the Royal Procision 7910.   Works greats.  I like the two scrubber bars instead of the floating heads on the others.  It has two suction locations..before and aft..the brushes/liquid dispenser.  Soap and water are dispensed separatedly so I can rinse or use soap.  It is very stingy with the soap.  Don't know if it is too stingy.  However, we have old carpets and have always had an animal in the house.  Cleans carpets great.  They look like new.  I bought a carpet cleaner to use on the older carpet because I wanted complete control over how much water and soap went into the carpet.  3 yr warranty.   Very pleased.......so far.     (NO.  don't work for them.  I'm in an auto related business.)

Venson

Reply #37   Jan 24, 2011 2:51 am
n2n2 wrote:
Just wanted to add my kudos for the Royal Procision 7910.   Works greats.  I like the two scrubber bars instead of the floating heads on the others.  It has two suction locations..before and aft..the brushes/liquid dispenser.  Soap and water are dispensed separatedly so I can rinse or use soap.  It is very stingy with the soap.  Don't know if it is too stingy.  However, we have old carpets and have always had an animal in the house.  Cleans carpets great.  They look like new.  I bought a carpet cleaner to use on the older carpet because I wanted complete control over how much water and soap went into the carpet.  3 yr warranty.   Very pleased.......so far.     (NO.  don't work for them.  I'm in an auto related business.)

Thanks n2n2,

It's great to hear from actual users who can say flat out, "This works for me."

Personally, I think that your 7910's sparing application of rug cleaning detergent may not be a bad thing. Sometimes, residue left by way of over application can attract and hold dirt.

Best,

Venson
Replies: 31 - 37 of 37Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42