Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

VDTA 2010
Original Message   Jan 8, 2010 8:43 am
Tho a couple of months away, the VDTA is slotted for Vegas this year AND central vacuum systems, tho relatively new venue to the vacuum trade organization, are getting increased emphasis.

Carmine D.

Replies: 62 - 63 of 63Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: VDTA 2010
Reply #62   Dec 3, 2010 2:42 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi vacmanuk,

There I both agree and disagree. How many out a hundred know a vacuum as well as you or I -- or are looking to?

For years we've had imitation filtering medium for Filter Queen and Electrolux -- two vacuums whose makers swear by specially designed dust collection systems and filtering medium for performance. I found neither an obvious match to the original.

Even if there were, I prefer caution and am reluctant to advise the average Joe or Josephine to shop around for substitutes as they usually go off retaining only half of what you've told them. You'd be surprised at the amount of people who daily arrive at stores looking for vacuum bags though barely knowing the brand name of their cleaner much less its model number. It's far better to let the like stick to the rules especially if they laid out a lot of jack on a "good" vacuum.

Venson

As with most buyers though, Venson and a fair point that Mole raises here, most buyers don't know the model number or care to know more about the model they own. Whilst it's not entirely a same example, when looking for remote control batteries for TV, my LG manual cites "always buy Duracell," but I currently have heavy duty JVC ones in mine that do the same job and half the cost. I hear what you're saying about buying Genuine accessories and consumables though; there are quite a few imitation copy parts I've used that haven't faired so well, but you take a chance in the same way you take a chance with something inferior or cheaper at cost.
CarmineD

Re: VDTA 2010
Reply #63   Dec 4, 2010 7:24 am
vacmanuk wrote:
As with most buyers though, Venson and a fair point that Mole raises here, most buyers don't know the model number or care to know more about the model they own. Whilst it's not entirely a same example, when looking for remote control batteries for TV, my LG manual cites "always buy Duracell," but I currently have heavy duty JVC ones in mine that do the same job and half the cost. I hear what you're saying about buying Genuine accessories and consumables though; there are quite a few imitation copy parts I've used that haven't faired so well, but you take a chance in the same way you take a chance with something inferior or cheaper at cost.

Sometimes manufacturers recommend other brand products to be used in concert with their own.  Usually stemming from a business venture or relationship that they may have in common.  Or management execs who worked at both and keep the professional ties binding.

Carmine D.

Replies: 62 - 63 of 63Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42