Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Why Dyson is different.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Hertz

Why Dyson is different.
Original Message   Jul 10, 2010 4:06 am
A really cool insight to the workings behind the company and how they develop what I believe to be some the most well designed vacuums with overall good-great build quality in history.
Replies: 104 - 113 of 124Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
retardturtle1

Re: Why Dyson is different.
Reply #104   Nov 24, 2010 5:08 pm
Venson wrote:
At least people there are getting the opportunity to try them out. Considering what the Hoover rechargeable stick is, it would be great to test them before buying. However, I wonder if all that many stores here want them tested because of the price. Certainly not an encouragement to buy.

The same as with some other machines, I think buyers making assumptions by way of price may be a little surprised once they're home with the thing out of the box and in use.

I may have mentioned a department supervisor at a major chain store saying that she had been instructed to remove all demo rugs. I learned since I'd last spoke to her that she'd been chewed for trying to quietly bring the demo rugs back into her department to make the customers happy. However, since our big boxers" are allowed to get away with it, the idea has crept over the line to major stores now. Everybody wants to get into the act by acclimatizing customers to buying on blind faith and returning the item if they don't like it. Or is there some sort of statistic regarding this "pay and walk away" scheme that proves once we get it home, like or not, we'll learn to live with it?

Venson

Hi Venson

Sad but true.....should be a demo vac for every  vac that is on the shelf.....ready for a test run....demo rugs ect.. but it seems to be a thing of the past. Thats why an indie is the best place to shop/research and demo a vac....from those who really care and know what works and what doesnt....something a major chain cant/wont offer.

just my view

turtle

CarmineD

Reply #105   Nov 25, 2010 7:39 am
retardturtle1 wrote:
Hi Venson

Sad but true.....should be a demo vac for every  vac that is on the shelf.....ready for a test run....demo rugs ect.. but it seems to be a thing of the past. Thats why an indie is the best place to shop/research and demo a vac....from those who really care and know what works and what doesnt....something a major chain cant/wont offer.

just my view

turtle

Buying a cat in the bag has been a mainstay of the big box retailers, nothing new.  Indies had and have the advantage to provide buyers/shoppers with their expertise. 

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #106   Nov 25, 2010 2:12 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Buying a cat in the bag has been a mainstay of the big box retailers, nothing new.  Indies had and have the advantage to provide buyers/shoppers with their expertise. 

Carmine D.

That's true but what's their present market share these days? And can they better promote themselves?

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #107   Nov 26, 2010 7:43 am
Venson wrote:
That's true but what's their present market share these days? And can they better promote themselves?

Venson

Hard to say Venson.  Safe to say as returns and refunds have dipped into the profit margins of big box retailers, these retailers have preferred to carry and sell less expensive vacuums.  You've seen this trend over the last few years as the recession has taken its toll on buyers and sellers.  Buying a $200 cat in the bag if returned isn't as costly as a $600.

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #108   Mar 9, 2011 3:54 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44ymzkbCMgg

"The Assumption Against Reality."

There's also one with a Riccar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1aCcavRlds
CarmineD

Reply #109   Mar 9, 2011 7:23 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44ymzkbCMgg

"The Assumption Against Reality."

There's also one with a Riccar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1aCcavRlds

Seeing is believing.  A very poignant reason for not putting headlights on dyson vacuums. 

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #110   Mar 10, 2011 3:13 am
CarmineD wrote:
Seeing is believing.  A very poignant reason for not putting headlights on dyson vacuums. 

Carmine D.

Well, maybe I'm being openminded at long last but if ever there was proof DYSON DOESN'T DEEP CLEAN, this is the proof! Although on another matter the video about "dont let moisture into your vacuum" showing the Miele S& completely clogged up doesn't convince me that the internals are as well protected as SEBO. For a start all their mechanisms are far better made than the S7's floor plate.
This message was modified Mar 10, 2011 by vacmanuk
CarmineD

Reply #111   Mar 10, 2011 7:11 am
vacmanuk wrote:
Well, maybe I'm being openminded at long last but if ever there was proof DYSON DOESN'T DEEP CLEAN, this is the proof! Although on another matter the video about "dont let moisture into your vacuum" showing the Miele S& completely clogged up doesn't convince me that the internals are as well protected as SEBO. For a start all their mechanisms are far better made than the S7's floor plate.

Hi Vacmanuk:  ORECK, accused by dyson fans [and its workers], of being a surface cleaners uses the same demo as these in its Clean Home Centers to make the point to customers that ORECKS pick up much more embedded dirt than dysons ever could.   Plus takes less back and forth passes.  Plus... ORECK's get lint that fuses to rug surfaces better than dysons, because of dyson whimpy brush rolls.  Seeing is believing.  ORECK sells many uprights to current dyson owners with these match up demoes.

Carmine D. 

vacmanuk

Reply #112   Mar 10, 2011 1:20 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Vacmanuk:  ORECK, accused by dyson fans [and its workers], of being a surface cleaners uses the same demo as these in its Clean Home Centers to make the point to customers that ORECKS pick up much more embedded dirt than dysons ever could.   Plus takes less back and forth passes.  Plus... ORECK's get lint that fuses to rug surfaces better than dysons, because of dyson whimpy brush rolls.  Seeing is believing.  ORECK sells many uprights to current dyson owners with these match up demoes.

Carmine D. 

Seeing may well be believing but Im very impressed with the Riccar. Pity we don't have them in the UK.
CarmineD

Reply #113   Mar 10, 2011 1:54 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Seeing may well be believing but Im very impressed with the Riccar. Pity we don't have them in the UK.

I always have been too.  Made in St. James Missourri.  It's a winner.  Our [USA's answer] to MIELE. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 104 - 113 of 124Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42