Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > water lift ratings?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Vacuumfreeeke

water lift ratings?
Original Message   Sep 22, 2010 2:10 pm
Is there a place I can go online to find water lift ratings for common vacuums?  I've searched google, but didn't come up with anything.  Thanks
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Venson

Re: water lift ratings?
Reply #1   Sep 23, 2010 1:01 am
Vacuumfreeeke wrote:
Is there a place I can go online to find water lift ratings for common vacuums?  I've searched google, but didn't come up with anything.  Thanks

Hi VF,

I think "water lift" was a flavor-of-the-day measurement system from a good many years back and has been replaced today by terms like "air watts," etc.  The like is mostly BS generated by PR people and guys who spend more time at a drawing board than they ever will with a vacuum in hand.  Always remember -- "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance . . . baffle them with BS . . ."

Venson

CarmineD

Re: water lift ratings?
Reply #2   Sep 23, 2010 7:26 am
Venson wrote:
Hi VF,

I think "water lift" was a flavor-of-the-day measurement system from a good many years back and has been replaced today by terms like "air watts," etc.  The like is mostly BS generated by PR people and guys who spend more time at a drawing board than they ever will with a vacuum in hand.  Always remember -- "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance . . . baffle them with BS . . ."

Venson

Water lift ratings and vacuums are passe, perhaps the reason not found.  Went the same way as horsepower ratings of years gone by and other vacuum standards of measure.  As well they should.  They are meaningless for gauging comparative performance. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42