Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > New Samsung Vac in the UK

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
vacmanuk

New Samsung Vac in the UK
Original Message   Sep 11, 2010 10:56 pm
Hi All

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/home-appliances/vacuum-cleaner/upright/VCU8860V4R/XEU/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail

Samsung are claiming this has a cylinder meets upright design with the metal tube in the middle popping out and a flexible floor head at the end like a cylinder vac. Do you guys in the U.S have this model? Its called Flexiclean.
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
CarmineD

Re: New Samsung Vac in the UK
Reply #1   Sep 12, 2010 7:28 am
vacmanuk wrote:
Hi All

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/home-appliances/vacuum-cleaner/upright/VCU8860V4R/XEU/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail

Samsung are claiming this has a cylinder meets upright design with the metal tube in the middle popping out and a flexible floor head at the end like a cylinder vac. Do you guys in the U.S have this model? Its called Flexiclean.

Not yet.  Depending on the price, I have my doubts if it will launch here in the USA and or Canada any time soon.  May be too pricey right now for the big box retail store sales venues. 

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #2   Sep 12, 2010 10:55 am
vacmanuk wrote:
Hi All

Hi vacmanuk,

Samsung had the wonderful bagless Silencio canister which I certainly saw as a welcome addition the market here but it never showed up.  It may well be the same with this new machine.  I don't know what the company's policy is as far as vacuums go.  However, they do quite well here with electronics.

Technically speaking, I think the basic idea's been here a while in the sense that LG, I believe, priorly released the Premalite bagless upright under the Kenmore brand with a suction wand that served integrally as the cleaner's handle.  Fly in the oinment was that its design somehow easily allowed for breakage at its locking point.

The new LuV series LG bagless uprights employ very similar design.  I think the Electrolux Versatility uprights are using the idea too.

The overall idea is kind of cool I think -- as long as there's really useful hose length involved -- but as far as I know only one LG model allows for a remote control of the machine from the hose handle. However, the remote is not powered by electricity from a wall outlet but batteries -- most annoying considering the price of the machine.

I've attached a PDF manual for the Samsung and am assuming conversion for suction supply to the handle/wand with attached tool is possible is due to some sort of airflow diverter on the machine. 

The Samsung's user manual can be accessed here: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201005/20100516094157843/DJ68-00539A.pdf

Venson

This message was modified Sep 12, 2010 by Venson
CarmineD

Reply #3   Sep 13, 2010 8:02 am
Would be interesting to know, and I haven't checked yet myself, the weights and measurements of all 3:  Samsung Flexiclean, LG/Sears Permalite, LG Kompressor.  Venson's observation about the similarities of all 3 is a good one. I think he's on to something about them, perhaps.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Sep 13, 2010 by CarmineD
procare

Reply #4   Sep 13, 2010 6:58 pm
Vacmanuk,

I looked up the Sansung and only found about it being in the UK. The Which tape I saw on the Samsung did little to impress me. It really made my wife remark what any woman would see in it? She is the one I pay attention to when I look at the new machines. If  I see something good about it we talk and she might go halfway on a new machine. On this one I agree with my wife. Too heavy, too much chance for problems down the way, more time to improve on it. At about $300 US I would put my money somewhere else. It did have some features some would like. 3 litre bin vs 1.8 and cord reel,  auto shut off on brushroll.

Procare

CarmineD

Reply #5   Sep 14, 2010 7:31 am
procare wrote:
Vacmanuk,

I looked up the Sansung and only found about it being in the UK. The Which tape I saw on the Samsung did little to impress me. It really made my wife remark what any woman would see in it? She is the one I pay attention to when I look at the new machines. If  I see something good about it we talk and she might go halfway on a new machine. On this one I agree with my wife. Too heavy, too much chance for problems down the way, more time to improve on it. At about $300 US I would put my money somewhere else. It did have some features some would like. 3 litre bin vs 1.8 and cord reel,  auto shut off on brushroll.

Procare

Hello Procare:

Like you, I rely on my dear wife as a barometer/gauge for the female perspective on new vacuums.  She is usually right 99.99 percent of the time.

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42