Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Good Housekeeping Sept

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Lucky1

Good Housekeeping Sept
Original Message   Aug 17, 2010 2:26 pm
Sept Issue addresses Allergies and Vacuums..... Miele S7 Gets top rating for Upright. Electrolux Oxygen tops for Canister. (Well it won't help canister sales for me but I'll stock up on hoses, PH necks, wands and such for repairs). Hoover canister is second (wait till people realize if they burn out a PH motor they are no longer available. Strange as the machine is barely a 2 years old model.)
Replies: 4 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: Good Housekeeping Sept
Reply #4   Aug 18, 2010 11:29 am
Actionvac wrote:
Both the Miele cans and S7 get a 0 reading on a particle scanner I have

Test on the Sebo Felix and see what happens : )
Actionvac

Reply #5   Aug 18, 2010 12:42 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Test on the Sebo Felix and see what happens : )

Like all cloth bagged uprights it will have a fairly high reading but not as high as most baggless barring Dyson, and I do not sell Sebo as hepa, I tried it as I turned it on 2 million then about 1 million  which sounds terrible but some bagless IE Bissell and others initially 30-40 million particles
This message was modified Aug 18, 2010 by Actionvac
vacmanuk

Reply #6   Aug 18, 2010 7:57 pm
Actionvac wrote:
Like all cloth bagged uprights it will have a fairly high reading but not as high as most baggless barring Dyson, and I do not sell Sebo as hepa, I tried it as I turned it on 2 million then about 1 million  which sounds terrible but some bagless IE Bissell and others initially 30-40 million particles

MM I'm puzzled. The Sebo Felix is not a cloth bagged, not in the traditional sense. It has a cloth filter wraparound its plastic body which acts as the exhaust filter. Therefore any particle meter should be put at the front where the bottom vents are located (you can't see it but you can feel through the cloth for those vents).
Actionvac

Reply #7   Aug 19, 2010 12:11 pm
I mean no hepa exhaust filter like a Miele, just the paper bag ans some material
Venson

Reply #8   Aug 19, 2010 1:13 pm
Actionvac wrote:
I mean no hepa exhaust filter like a Miele, just the paper bag ans some material

The Sebo Felix Premium scored "excellent" for emissions re CR tests, just the same as Miele and a good number of other cleaners.

Venson

vacmanuk

Reply #9   Aug 19, 2010 1:15 pm
Yep Venson I know that but Ive often wondered if these kind of particle machines tell a different story against organisations.
Venson

Reply #10   Aug 19, 2010 5:55 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Yep Venson I know that but Ive often wondered if these kind of particle machines tell a different story against organisations.

Hi vacmanuk,

Primarily, particle counters greatest value appears to be for promoting vacuum sales.  If there's a difference of merely a micron being caught or lost the machine that didn't let it get by will be the one someone will be told he or she just has to have.  However, our lives are really not threatened by inadequacies that small.  And whether or not the vacuum captures every iota of what it sucks in influences merely one aspect of household air quality. 

A particle counter would serve best if taken room to room thoughout a household to get a picture of its overall air quality.  With that kind of enlightenment people could think on overall ways to lessen dissatisfying particulate counts. There's only so much a vacuum cleaner or even the strongest disinfectant can do. 

Venson

Actionvac

Reply #11   Aug 20, 2010 10:00 am
The counter does sell vacuums, specificly Miele vacuums because the hepa is sealed and at the end of the air flo, now it doesn't tell you whats in the dirt because like the Sebo x4 will get a high reading of probably carbon dust from the motor as opposed to say a Bissell supposed hepa that gets a horrendous reading which I'm sure is your houshold dust because you can see it pouring out, in my store when I walk in with my IQ air running all night the air is excellent, below 100,000 ppm but if I turn on just about any bagless (except Dyson) the reading around the room will jump into the millions, a Miele Hepa vacuum and IQ air combo will reduce allergens in any home significantly, any vac without a hepa filter at the final exhust will range from 2-3 million particles
vacmanuk

Reply #12   Aug 21, 2010 8:18 am
Actionvac wrote:
The counter does sell vacuums, specificly Miele vacuums because the hepa is sealed and at the end of the air flo, now it doesn't tell you whats in the dirt because like the Sebo x4 will get a high reading of probably carbon dust from the motor as opposed to say a Bissell supposed hepa that gets a horrendous reading which I'm sure is your houshold dust because you can see it pouring out, in my store when I walk in with my IQ air running all night the air is excellent, below 100,000 ppm but if I turn on just about any bagless (except Dyson) the reading around the room will jump into the millions, a Miele Hepa vacuum and IQ air combo will reduce allergens in any home significantly, any vac without a hepa filter at the final exhust will range from 2-3 million particles

Well the SEBO X range does have a carbon filter fitted above the floor head but as you know the Felix is quite different in this respect. I was just interested, really as Gerry Rubin states quite categorically that SEBO vacuums don't have a low reading, yet fails to provide evidence. Gerry Rubin seems to be all talk and no action sometimes!
This message was modified Aug 21, 2010 by vacmanuk
CarmineD

Reply #13   Aug 21, 2010 8:30 am
vacmanuk wrote:
Well the SEBO X range does have a carbon filter fitted above the floor head but as you know the Felix is quite different in this respect. I was just interested, really as Gerry Rubin states quite categorically that SEBO vacuums don't have a low reading, yet fails to provide evidence. Gerry Rubin seems to be all talk and no action sometimes!

As do many single brand vacuum salesmen, he has a tad of larceny in his heart when it comes to his sale's pitch.  Not to offend him, or disrespect his sales skills for MIELE because he pitches and pushes the brand very well.  MIELE is his forte.

Carmine D.

Replies: 4 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42