hooverman

"I'll take one of each"
Original Message   Aug 14, 2010 5:28 pm
I've got to have one of each of these vacs

Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Outline
procare

Re: "I'll take one of each"
Reply #1   Aug 14, 2010 11:28 pm
                                                         Number 5 and 6 in the canisters came off the same line at Bronson , Michigan ( Douglas Manufacturing). Also Known as Germatron , Saniway, Kingston . Firestone and Western Auto vacuums also came from there.

Procare

Nice ad .

CarmineD

Reply #2   Aug 15, 2010 4:28 pm
Okay all you old timers, I couldn't resist this one.  There's a hose and set of wands pictured in this McCalls magazine ad along with the vacuums.  What vacuum[s] pictured do they belong to?

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #3   Aug 15, 2010 6:34 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Okay all you old timers, I couldn't resist this one.  There's a hose and set of wands pictured in this McCalls magazine ad along with the vacuums.  What vacuum[s] pictured do they belong to?

Carmine D.

The wands belong to the Lewyt and the hose is for the any of the Landers, Frary, Clark machine.  Due to the color of the hose, I'm guessing it was made for the Regina (# 11) also an LFC clone.

What is odd is that this article is dated 1963 and most of the models shown, upright and can, were made about four or five years earlier.

Venson

HARDSELL

Reply #4   Aug 15, 2010 7:44 pm
Thanks for the post Hooverman.  My parents had the Cadillac shown and an Electrolux very, very similar to # 12.  I also bought a Lux like it in 1973 ( I believe).

Carmine, your quiz is so simple that I will await for others to answer rather than giving the answer so soon.  

OK, So I do not know. 

procare

Reply #5   Aug 15, 2010 9:12 pm
Venson,

Look again the article came out April 1955 in McCacall Magazine.

Procare

Venson

Reply #6   Aug 16, 2010 2:55 am
procare wrote:
Venson,

Look again the article came out April 1955 in McCacall Magazine.

Procare

Procare, I jumped up the screen size -- you're right.  Time for reading glasses or more carrots I guess.

Thanks,

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #7   Aug 16, 2010 7:25 am
Venson wrote:
The wands belong to the Lewyt and the hose is for the any of the Landers, Frary, Clark machine.  Due to the color of the hose, I'm guessing it was made for the Regina (# 11) also an LFC clone.

What is odd is that this article is dated 1963 and most of the models shown, upright and can, were made about four or five years earlier.

Venson

Excellent Venson.  Will the hose fit the universal tank pictured?

PS:  25 inch screen/monitor which shows 1955.  Too late for carrots and higher glasses still don't work.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #8   Aug 16, 2010 9:54 am
CarmineD wrote:
Excellent Venson.  Will the hose fit the universal tank pictured?

PS:  25 inch screen/monitor which shows 1955.  Too late for carrots and higher glasses still don't work.

Carmine D.

Yes. 

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #9   Aug 16, 2010 12:55 pm
Venson wrote:
Yes. 

Venson

You know your vacuums from years ago and their attachments.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #10   Aug 16, 2010 1:49 pm
CarmineD wrote:
You know your vacuums from years ago and their attachments.

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

I'm sure you recall they come from a time when many vacuum makers, all mostly situated within this country, actually tried to set themselves apart from the rest of the crew.  Talking straight suction cans, companies like Eureka, GE, Electrolux, Hoover and most of the niche brands of the time put great stock in presenting difference by way of the whole machine -- tools included.

You didn't just by a Lewyt, as an instance, merely for the style and shape of the unit itself but because also claims were made that its rug nozzle surpassed the effectiveness of others for x-reason.  Now all we do is yell HEPA, HEPA, HEPA.

What's happening now, is that I feel like I could be buying the same vacuum over and over.  Same generic tools made by the same company and being distributed to all manner of vacuum makers.  As far as I'm concerned most new vacuum cleaners should be named Wessel-Werk.

Venson

Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42