Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Why Dyson is different.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Hertz

Why Dyson is different.
Original Message   Jul 10, 2010 4:06 am
A really cool insight to the workings behind the company and how they develop what I believe to be some the most well designed vacuums with overall good-great build quality in history.
Replies: 2 - 11 of 124Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Hertz

Re: Why Dyson is different.
Reply #2   Jul 10, 2010 4:07 am
I need to reply to my own thread because Safari on the Macintosh has messed up ways of not allowing my to space down any of my content in the same posting >:/ Anyways.
Hertz

Reply #3   Jul 10, 2010 4:08 am
ANYWAYS, here's another video showing a testament to their quality of filtration; which is most likely due to real world, high quality filtration from the Dyson and not placebo.
Hertz

Reply #4   Jul 10, 2010 4:08 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IihL6Jmk1XA
Hertz

Reply #5   Jul 10, 2010 4:08 am
ENJOY :D
vacmanuk

Reply #6   Jul 11, 2010 9:57 am
Hertz wrote:
ANYWAYS, here's another video showing a testament to their quality of filtration; which is most likely due to real world, high quality filtration from the Dyson and not placebo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IihL6Jmk1XA doesn't show actual filters, Hertz and if anything only shows the amount of dirt picked up. All it has is a lady who has reviewed her Dyson and says much of her old vacuum cleaner which apparently didn't pick up very much ( I wonder it it was bagless or bagged and how she'd summize to think that way). If the Dyson is used every two days then the amount of pet hair picking up says a lot for her home! How she can have a dog and a daughter who has allergies and still maintains that her cyclonic vacuum cleaner is "healthier" is nuts. Alright, she isn't going to empty the thing in front of her daughter.. anyway I'm allowed to disagree and will say this that the example you give here doesn't really promote the Dyson's filtration, but rather the capacity of dust and the amount collected.
Hertz

Reply #7   Jul 11, 2010 11:29 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IihL6Jmk1XA doesn't show actual filters, Hertz and if anything only shows the amount of dirt picked up. All it has is a lady who has reviewed her Dyson and says much of her old vacuum cleaner which apparently didn't pick up very much ( I wonder it it was bagless or bagged and how she'd summize to think that way). If the Dyson is used every two days then the amount of pet hair picking up says a lot for her home! How she can have a dog and a daughter who has allergies and still maintains that her cyclonic vacuum cleaner is "healthier" is nuts. Alright, she isn't going to empty the thing in front of her daughter.. anyway I'm allowed to disagree and will say this that the example you give here doesn't really promote the Dyson's filtration, but rather the capacity of dust and the amount collected.

No, you obviously didn't watch the whole video or at least pay attention to the key parts: Her daughter is "very asmatic" and the Dyson has "really helped her breath better." - 'nuff said. And no, if she empties the container within a limited radius or outside or in a trash bag then only an *EXTREMELY* minute might escape back into the air, but certainly exponentially less than what was captured and/or filtered out.
CarmineD

Reply #8   Jul 12, 2010 7:32 am
Hypothetical case:  Very asthmatic daughter grows into a very asthmatic woman.  Decides to live on her own and needs a vacuum.  She liked Mum's DC25 ball but Mum can't dump it anymore.  She lives alone now and on her own.  Should she buy a dyson bagless?  Anyone can answer with their reasons for/against.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #9   Jul 12, 2010 8:30 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hypothetical case:  Very asthmatic daughter grows into a very asthmatic woman.  Decides to live on her own and needs a vacuum.  She liked Mum's DC25 ball but Mum can't dump it anymore.  She lives alone now and on her own.  Should she buy a dyson bagless?  Anyone can answer with their reasons for/against.

Carmine D.

How do all these asthmatic people clean the lint filter on their clothes dryer?
Venson

Reply #10   Jul 12, 2010 8:39 am
CarmineD wrote:

Carmine D.

For or against is hard. After all it's Ameriica.  We're supposedly allowed choice as to the altars we kneel before and the vacuuum cleaners we use.    It's all boils down to the matter of perceived worth. 

One mother has an asthmatic child and does a little reading that suggestts that a decent bagged vacuum is more the ticket.  Minimal dust exposure and easy disposal.  Another, buys a bagless vac due to hype and possibly because of hopes to save money on bags. Yet, she does not see a loss in having to use a "bag" albeit plastic to dump the thing into if she empties the machine inside or having to run out to the garbage can to do it. (Not fun on rainy or cold days.)  I also assume the brand in question always dumps out cleanly without need for handpicking dog fur and fluff off the shroud and other internal parts.

As for the kid.  How many of them do the larger part of what you tell them to anyway?  When the little girl in mention here grows up AND she has to empty a vacuum cleaner herself, if she still has a high sensitivity to dust she'll probably follow the least path of resistance and get the best bagged vac she can afford.  Right now she's a lucky so and so.  "But Ma you know I can't clean my room."

Venson

vacmanuk

Reply #11   Jul 12, 2010 9:11 am
Here we go again Hertz, you're believing what the manufacturers are telling you or in this case through some person's video of the use of their Dyson.

ANY bagless system is unhealthy whether it has a down drop system for taking the dirt out, or top empty system. Bags are better in this respect and you have agreed on that point before. So what if she empties the machine outside? Does she take out the filters too when they get clogged? You want me to be pedantic I can go on. Does she take the Dyson outside each time it clogs or if something needs to be opened up?

Where is the convenience aspect of having to dispose of dirt outside your home?
This message was modified Jul 12, 2010 by vacmanuk
Replies: 2 - 11 of 124Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42