Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > INCREDIBLE new Ultra One by Electrolux! SWEET!

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Hertz

INCREDIBLE new Ultra One by Electrolux! SWEET!
Original Message   Jul 3, 2010 10:50 pm
Finally, it's out in the States! This is supposed to be basically a Miele & Sebo-crushing - or at least slightly beating - vacuum by Electrolux of Sweden. Supposedly it's REALLY well made, with EXCELLENT suction - rated better than both a Miele and Sebo, whisper quiet, and COMPLETELY sealed. I believe this model is actually Made in Sweden, too! VERY cool machine that is basically, again, Electrolux's answer to Miele's and Sebo's. VERY cool design, and even the wheels are made out of the same material as roller blade wheels! Awesome supposed quality and design. Anybody use one of these yet? I know I'm about to try one out ASAP! I also have two Miele's now, and I'll just say that you definitely can't BEAT a Miele overall - at least easily, but if this thing is what people say it is, I would say Miele and Sebo def. have a respectable bit of competition on their hands. I doubt it beats a Miele or Sebo in quality and I would say the wheel system on a Miele or Sebo is better, but this thing looks SWEET! Check out this video review of somebody who has EXTENSIVE experience with *MAAANY* vacs, work at a central vacuum store, and LOVES his Sebo, but now he loves his Ultra One EVEN MORE! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbMnAnUXJCE&fmt=18
Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Outline
Hertz

Re: INCREDIBLE new Ultra One by Electrolux! SWEET!
Reply #1   Jul 3, 2010 10:55 pm
Another video showing the design, function, and features of the machine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=961XuOsl8kw Again, I doubt it's built as well as a Miele or Sebo, but it definitely seems like a overall high quality, long lasting, high performance machine that will still match either of the two brands for overall performance, filtration, and might be built as like 80-90% as well as a Miele, if that, but I doubt all the way. I'm thinking around 80% - which would still be VERY good! Maybe even more though, I'll be sure to test it out and report back if I do!
This message was modified Jul 3, 2010 by Hertz
Venson

Reply #2   Jul 4, 2010 8:05 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbMnAnUXJCE&feature=related

Venson

vacmanuk

Reply #3   Jul 4, 2010 11:04 am
Theyve already landed in the UK under the AEG tag.
Hertz

Reply #4   Jul 4, 2010 9:43 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Theyve already landed in the UK under the AEG tag.

Have you tried them out yet? How would you say they compare to a Miele or Sebo in all categories?
vacmanuk

Reply #5   Jul 5, 2010 10:13 pm
Hertz wrote:
Have you tried them out yet? How would you say they compare to a Miele or Sebo in all categories?

I'm not happy with Electrolux at the moment. They are refusing to go on their warranty claim with our less than a year old Zanussi dishwasher. As such I refuse to test anything from the Electrolux at the moment and that includes AEG. It was interesting that you pointed out smileyHq on You Tube; I'm already subscribed to the guy on you tube and we've had many conversations about the Ultra One. Yes, it is quiet but then again LG only announced last year a model that was the quietest on the market. I have no interest in how quiet a vacuum is, because whilst Electrolux may well claim the Ultra One is quiet, it will only take the next manufacturer to come up with something better. For me, the Ultra One (certainly the UK ones under AEG) hold no interest for me and from the conversations we've had, the build quality of the tubing and floor heads aren't as well made as Sebo or Miele.
Hertz

Reply #6   Jul 6, 2010 6:13 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
I'm not happy with Electrolux at the moment. They are refusing to go on their warranty claim with our less than a year old Zanussi dishwasher. As such I refuse to test anything from the Electrolux at the moment and that includes AEG. It was interesting that you pointed out smileyHq on You Tube; I'm already subscribed to the guy on you tube and we've had many conversations about the Ultra One. Yes, it is quiet but then again LG only announced last year a model that was the quietest on the market. I have no interest in how quiet a vacuum is, because whilst Electrolux may well claim the Ultra One is quiet, it will only take the next manufacturer to come up with something better. For me, the Ultra One (certainly the UK ones under AEG) hold no interest for me and from the conversations we've had, the build quality of the tubing and floor heads aren't as well made as Sebo or Miele.

Ok, cool. That's understandable for sure. Any company that doesn't stand behind their product is certainly an emotional blow for the consumer. I, however, still think you shouldn't completely close your mind out to their products; if anything just don't buy them, but checking them out isn't the same thing as "bowing down" to them. The Ultra One still seems like a quality machine though from what I can tell. If it's close to the build quality of a Miele or Sebo - which it seems to be from what I've gathered, it's still a high quality machine, I just hope to try one out and get a true, personal opinion. Haha, it's certainly hard to match the build quality of a Miele or Sebo.
vacmanuk

Reply #7   Jul 6, 2010 9:04 pm
Build quality and design are two different aspects, Hertz.

For example I've never tested or trialled Sebo's C cylinder vacuum and that's because despite the power, longer lasting bags than Miele and cheaper running costs, the C series is heavier than my old S571 by a couple of lbs. For that reason alone I'd stick with my Miele. I also have an S4 and an old S300 cylinder with 1800 watt power. The S4 is lighter than the Sebo K series but the S4 turns over when the cord is rewound or simply when turning on/pedalling the on button in a hurry; the K series never falls over or over turns. Granted, the S4 has a bigger bag but it doesn't feel as well made or is as well thought out as the compact K series; unlike Miele when you lift the super air clean filter or whatever filter you have on board, you can see the motor. With Sebo's K, there is no motor to see. Out of eye line, out of mind where I'm concerned. However, whilst the S4 is a compact vacuum, the Sebo has lighter tubes - still well made - and I like the fact that the top half is plastic sheathed as you can certainly tell the weight difference between Miele and Sebo when cleaning ceilings. The Sebo tubes may be shorter by length by a couple of inches compared to Miele, but the lighter weight makes it easier to clean with and less of a muscle/arm wrenching exercise. If Electrolux's tubes are lighter than 500g I may well consider the Ultra One at a later date...but then the bags have to be nationally available to consider, too.
This message was modified Jul 6, 2010 by vacmanuk
Hertz

Reply #8   Jul 7, 2010 4:13 am
vacmanuk wrote:
Build quality and design are two different aspects, Hertz.

For example I've never tested or trialled Sebo's C cylinder vacuum and that's because despite the power, longer lasting bags than Miele and cheaper running costs, the C series is heavier than my old S571 by a couple of lbs. For that reason alone I'd stick with my Miele. I also have an S4 and an old S300 cylinder with 1800 watt power. The S4 is lighter than the Sebo K series but the S4 turns over when the cord is rewound or simply when turning on/pedalling the on button in a hurry; the K series never falls over or over turns. Granted, the S4 has a bigger bag but it doesn't feel as well made or is as well thought out as the compact K series; unlike Miele when you lift the super air clean filter or whatever filter you have on board, you can see the motor. With Sebo's K, there is no motor to see. Out of eye line, out of mind where I'm concerned. However, whilst the S4 is a compact vacuum, the Sebo has lighter tubes - still well made - and I like the fact that the top half is plastic sheathed as you can certainly tell the weight difference between Miele and Sebo when cleaning ceilings. The Sebo tubes may be shorter by length by a couple of inches compared to Miele, but the lighter weight makes it easier to clean with and less of a muscle/arm wrenching exercise. If Electrolux's tubes are lighter than 500g I may well consider the Ultra One at a later date...but then the bags have to be nationally available to consider, too.

The S4's are build like TANKS though, I would say they're about the same build quality wise, and if the Sebo is *SLIGHTLY* better, it's so minute I'm sure that it wouldn't make much of a difference, but it's good to know it's a solid machine; and even more so is *REALLY* impressive compared to a Miele. How does it not feel as well made? I know the S4's are solid as a rock, so I'm honestly just curious. Glad to hear you're not all fussy over the brand due to one bad experience, haha. It's good to forgive and forget as long as it doesn't happen often - speaking of businesses here specifically. The Ultra One I bet you would like from what I can gather. My next machine I would *LOVE* to either own a Sebo, one of the Bosch's, an Aerus Lux or a newer Sweden-based-Company Lux, OR even a newer model Dyson. I would actually like to own a Electrolux UltraActive bagless machine; quality cyclonic design with high (again, from what I can gather and from past experiences with their more recent products) build quality and SOLID engineering; sealed system, high quality handle and well engineered body with again, good to good+ build quality. I would like to jump on a low-priced Sebo though, especially if the C-series are about to be disc. soon, though I'm *REALLY* interested in the new D-series. I def. think I'll buy one of those sometime in the future, haha. When you say "Electrolux" in own/owned, does that include Aerus or the Sweden brand?
vacmanuk

Reply #9   Jul 7, 2010 8:18 am
Hertz wrote:
The S4's are build like TANKS though, I would say they're about the same build quality wise, and if the Sebo is *SLIGHTLY* better, it's so minute I'm sure that it wouldn't make much of a difference, but it's good to know it's a solid machine; and even more so is *REALLY* impressive compared to a Miele. How does it not feel as well made? I know the S4's are solid as a rock, so I'm honestly just curious. Glad to hear you're not all fussy over the brand due to one bad experience, haha. It's good to forgive and forget as long as it doesn't happen often - speaking of businesses here specifically. The Ultra One I bet you would like from what I can gather. My next machine I would *LOVE* to either own a Sebo, one of the Bosch's, an Aerus Lux or a newer Sweden-based-Company Lux, OR even a newer model Dyson. I would actually like to own a Electrolux UltraActive bagless machine; quality cyclonic design with high (again, from what I can gather and from past experiences with their more recent products) build quality and SOLID engineering; sealed system, high quality handle and well engineered body with again, good to good+ build quality. I would like to jump on a low-priced Sebo though, especially if the C-series are about to be disc. soon, though I'm *REALLY* interested in the new D-series. I def. think I'll buy one of those sometime in the future, haha. When you say "Electrolux" in own/owned, does that include Aerus or the Sweden brand?

In your opinion yes, the S4 are built like tanks. However over the K1 I find the following:

1. Unless the hose is removed on the top lid when changing the bags or filters, it has been known to come off its hinges.
  2. The paintwork at the side is not protected; scratches occur and bumps taken out of the bright paintwork plastic.
  3. The tube holder on older models are next to useless, constant tools falling off in use.
  4. The newer tube holder on the hose is a better idea but when clipped to the tubes, tools still fall out, over time.
  5. The plastic pedals show scratches quite badly.
  6. The model can overturn when my foot presses onto the auto cord rewind pedal
You keep referring to Swedish based models as if they are better made than Chinese. Electrolux still produce vacuums in China and are well made dependent on the actual model. To answer your question regarding UK Lux models, we only get AEG, Electrolux and upon recently Zanussi, another company from 'Lux who are bringing out rebadged models of the Lux vacuum cleaners:

Product image: ZANUSSI ZAN3319Electrolux Z3319 Powerlite Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
Hertz

Reply #10   Jul 8, 2010 12:12 am
vacmanuk wrote:
In your opinion yes, the S4 are built like tanks. However over the K1 I find the following:

1. Unless the hose is removed on the top lid when changing the bags or filters, it has been known to come off its hinges.
  2. The paintwork at the side is not protected; scratches occur and bumps taken out of the bright paintwork plastic.
  3. The tube holder on older models are next to useless, constant tools falling off in use.
  4. The newer tube holder on the hose is a better idea but when clipped to the tubes, tools still fall out, over time.
  5. The plastic pedals show scratches quite badly.
  6. The model can overturn when my foot presses onto the auto cord rewind pedal
You keep referring to Swedish based models as if they are better made than Chinese. Electrolux still produce vacuums in China and are well made dependent on the actual model. To answer your question regarding UK Lux models, we only get AEG, Electrolux and upon recently Zanussi, another company from 'Lux who are bringing out rebadged models of the Lux vacuum cleaners:

Product image: ZANUSSI ZAN3319Electrolux Z3319 Powerlite Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner

I would say the first, third, and fourth are simply design errors, not so much build quality. Second is a bummer, but it shouldn't be much of a problem if your somewhat careful with it, right? Pedals too though? Sounds like they simply need better protected paint is all, not too much of a big deal quality wise. Yes, I would say the Sweden/Hungary made Lux's *ARE* better quality. I've only experienced their Versatility upright here Made in China, which is better than ALL of TTIs crap, but their Hungarian-made canisters seemed even more solid and you can even stand on the powernozzle and canister without a problem - maybe not jump though, haha. But yeah, not much of a creak from the *SHORT* time I tested them like that at Lowe's, haha.
Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42