Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Upright wanted--Hoover?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
eliot3

Upright wanted--Hoover?
Original Message   May 13, 2010 3:21 pm
I am interested in buying an upright vacuum, bagged, and I am willing to spend up to, say, $350.  It will be used, not heavily, by an older woman who has a shedding cat and is not mechanically apt.  A longish cord and an attachment for a linoleum floor would be a plus.  I'll take any suggestion, but in the absence of any I am looking at a Hoover UH30010COM Platinum Lightweight Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaner with Canister, which is sold on Amazon.  My concern with Hoovers in general is that according to CR they are highly repair prone.  Anybody have experience with this model in particular, recent experience with Hoovers in general, or any other suggestions?
Replies: 21 - 30 of 64Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
HARDSELL

Re: Upright wanted--Hoover?
Reply #21   May 17, 2010 5:58 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
Hi Carmine

I started the above 7 pass meth today.....i had been doing the up and bak method, twice a day...everyday,, so im anxious to see what turns up in a week.

Will do the 7 pass in the morning...single up and back at night after dinner..as usual.

My full routine of carpet cleaning is vacuum twice daily...everyday and use the spin scrub hoover to shampoo/re-rinse  every change of the season...that and a central hvac hepa filter change every 45 days keeps the wifes allergies at bay...pollen has been awful down here in the south over the past couple years....record setting.

And thank you for the tip....i hope you dont mind.

turtle

Turtle.

You and Carmine can get help for the OCD.  

CarmineD

Reply #22   May 17, 2010 6:26 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
Hi Carmine

I started the above 7 pass meth today.....i had been doing the up and bak method, twice a day...everyday,, so im anxious to see what turns up in a week.

Will do the 7 pass in the morning...single up and back at night after dinner..as usual.

My full routine of carpet cleaning is vacuum twice daily...everyday and use the spin scrub hoover to shampoo/re-rinse  every change of the season...that and a central hvac hepa filter change every 45 days keeps the wifes allergies at bay...pollen has been awful down here in the south over the past couple years....record setting.

And thank you for the tip....i hope you dont mind.

turtle

Have at it.  Keep me posted.  I'm sure you'll find the rugs looking better both before and after you shampoo too by using this 7X7 procedure.

Carmine D.

This message was modified May 17, 2010 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #23   May 17, 2010 6:34 pm
HARDSELL wrote:

How about this one Mike W?  Need help deciphering the childish  acronym? 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #24   May 17, 2010 7:11 pm
CarmineD wrote:
How about this one Mike W?  Need help deciphering the childish  acronym? 

Carmine D.

Is there something wrong with saying What Tomfoolery?  If you have to vacuum the area 7 times you need a better vacuum. 
CarmineD

Reply #25   May 17, 2010 7:46 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Is there something wrong with saying What Tomfoolery?  If you have to vacuum the area 7 times you need a better vacuum. 

My favorite:  A soup question.  No more wrong than ID-10-T.  Oftentimes, it's not the vacuum brand/model that is at fault when rugs fill with deep down dirt, but the way it is used.  Or, more appropriately in your particular case, the lack thereof.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #26   May 17, 2010 9:02 pm
CarmineD wrote:
My favorite:  A soup question.  No more wrong than ID-10-T.  Oftentimes, it's not the vacuum brand/model that is at fault when rugs fill with deep down dirt, but the way it is used.  Or, more appropriately in your particular case, the lack thereof.

Carmine D.

The soup question has you in a stew. 

If you home is so filthy that you have to vacuum an area 7 times daily you have more than vacuum problems.

A good tool reduces labor.  That is why Dyson costs more than the electric broom that you use.

CarmineD

Reply #27   May 17, 2010 9:12 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
The soup question has you in a stew. 

If you home is so filthy that you have to vacuum an area 7 times daily you have more than vacuum problems.

A good tool reduces labor.  That is why Dyson costs more than the electric broom that you use.

Better to be in a stew than in a stupor.

Anyone, even an amateur, can do the job with the right tool, it takes a skilled craftsman to do it without.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #28   May 17, 2010 9:38 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Better to be in a stew than in a stupor.

Anyone, even an amateur, can do the job with the right tool, it takes a skilled craftsman to do it without.

Carmine D.

Dyson builds a tool to do the job right the first time.  That leaves the operator time to do useful things.

THe craftsman is James Dyson.  Oreck is a relic and lost in today's world as evidenced in the slump in sales.  Do you still wash your clothes in a stream and beat the dirt out with a rock?  A true art.

vacmanuk

Reply #29   May 17, 2010 10:29 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Dyson builds a tool to do the job right the first time.  That leaves the operator time to do useful things.

THe craftsman is James Dyson.  Oreck is a relic and lost in today's world as evidenced in the slump in sales.  Do you still wash your clothes in a stream and beat the dirt out with a rock?  A true art.

Oh yes Hardsell - w h a t e v e r - Dyson may have got his tools right but his washing machines went belly up and they have yet to make another appearance despite the poor reliability of the last ones sold.
retardturtle1

Reply #30   May 17, 2010 10:41 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Have at it.  Keep me posted.  I'm sure you'll find the rugs looking better both before and after you shampoo too by using this 7X7 procedure.

Carmine D.

Will do....very light sand colored carpet throughout....easily picks up any and all stains/dirt you name it....no shoes in house but sometimes it cant be helped.

Shampooing the carpets and sofas every 3mos really makes a diff in wifes allergies and in keeping everything fresh and looking brand new. Im looking forward to seeing the results of what ive left behind.

turtle

Replies: 21 - 30 of 64Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42