Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > What is the 'shelf life' of Miele AH-50 HEPA Filters?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
future_retiree

Newly interested in learning about upper scale/high end home appliances!

What is the 'shelf life' of Miele AH-50 HEPA Filters?
Original Message   May 2, 2010 11:56 pm
Title says it all, what is the realistic shelf storage life of the Miele AH-50 HEPA filters? I'm not asking about using them in a vac, I'm talking about buying them, letting them sit around for a while, like several years, and then installing and using them in a vacuum.

Does the charcoal lose it's effectiveness after sitting around for several years (in the box), or do the filter elements become less effective over time? 

The situation is, I learned of a way to but the filters and bags for 50% off retail price. Considering that you almost never see the Miele filters and bags discounted, and never at 50% off, this may be a once-every-ten-years opportunity, and so I think I'll grab a few boxes of bags and some filters. 

For those curious how I found this, the local downtown business/merchant's association of the (well-to-do) suburban community near where I live is having a promotion to encourage shopping at the local merchants and store fronts for the next few months.  They are offering a local script, "Downtown Dollars", that is priced at 50 cents on the dollar, you pay $10 for $20 of their script.  The script is redeemable, up to a $200 limit, at local businesses. Today I noticed the local "sew and vac" store is participating, and they list themselves as a Miele vac dealer, although all they really carry is one display model, and have some old brochures lying in a pile.   I intend to ask them tomorrow if they will accept the script for some filters and bags, ... I half expect them to say no, but we'll see.
This message was modified May 4, 2010 by future_retiree

Vacuum history:
-- Electrolux 1205 (ran for 28 years, then it needed a new hose and replacement wand!);
-- Metropolitan Vacuum Cleaner "Vac N Go Hand Vac", 12V (auto power) mini canister x2
-- Miele LEO.
Replies: 1 - 13 of 13View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 13 of 13View as Thread
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42