Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > CR's BEST and WORST Cleaning Products

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

CR's BEST and WORST Cleaning Products
Original Message   Apr 26, 2010 7:19 pm
http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/yshoppingarticles/365/best-and-worst-cleaning-products/m

Excerpted from current month's Consumer Reports.

Enjoy.

Carmine D.

Replies: 14 - 18 of 18Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
hooverman

Re: CR's BEST and WORST Cleaning Products
Reply #14   May 2, 2010 6:53 pm
CarmineD wrote:
You have me scratching my head on these suggestions.  How exactly do these little cut out green pads stay affixed to the FM's spin scrub brushes during operation?  With grout lines in the tile and back and forth FM motions, I envision these pads getting spun out into space and all over the floor.  What's your trick?

Carmine D.

Converting a FloorMATE SpinScrub to a "Super FloorMATE"

If U look under the SpinScrub brushes; U will see 6 or 7 Phillips screws (depends on mdl)

1. Remove the Phillips screws
  2. Cut the green scrubber pads into 1" squares (6 squares for 13" models [H3000, H3010, H3030, H3050]; 7 for 15" mdls [H3040, H3044, H3045, H3060])
  3. Poke hole on CENTER of the 1" square pads
  4. Replace screws with pads onto brushes
  5. Re-attach the SpinScrub brushes onto FloorMATE
  6. Now your "modified" Super FloorMATE can scrub away the most stubborn dirt that the FloorMATE's bristles couldn't touch!

The scrubber pads will work better on the Grout SpinScrub brushes (grey bristles) than the white SS brushes.  Sometimes this trick might stop the brushes (when using the white brushes) thanks to the brush motor's sensitive overload protector.

Overall I think the H3000 style FM is the best of all FMs; not sure about the H3030/H3040/H3060 style FMs.

retardturtle1

Reply #15   May 2, 2010 8:09 pm
hooverman wrote:
Converting a FloorMATE SpinScrub to a "Super FloorMATE"

If U look under the SpinScrub brushes; U will see 6 or 7 Phillips screws (depends on mdl)

1. Remove the Phillips screws
  2. Cut the green scrubber pads into 1" squares (6 squares for 13" models [H3000, H3010, H3030, H3050]; 7 for 15" mdls [H3040, H3044, H3045, H3060])
  3. Poke hole on CENTER of the 1" square pads
  4. Replace screws with pads onto brushes
  5. Re-attach the SpinScrub brushes onto FloorMATE
  6. Now your "modified" Super FloorMATE can scrub away the most stubborn dirt that the FloorMATE's bristles couldn't touch!

The scrubber pads will work better on the Grout SpinScrub brushes (grey bristles) than the white SS brushes.  Sometimes this trick might stop the brushes (when using the white brushes) thanks to the brush motor's sensitive overload protector.

Overall I think the H3000 style FM is the best of all FMs; not sure about the H3030/H3040/H3060 style FMs.

HI  hooverman....Nifty idea...make the best of what you have and make it work for you....i like the way u think and look forward to reading more about your ideas.

turtle

CarmineD

Reply #16   May 3, 2010 6:57 am
What's the usage/run time for the pads before they wear out and/or wear thru the screws and fall off the brushes?

Carmine D.

hooverman

Reply #17   May 3, 2010 5:28 pm
CarmineD wrote:
What's the usage/run time for the pads before they wear out and/or wear thru the screws and fall off the brushes?

Carmine D.

Not sure about how long the pads will last before changing them; will have to see later on.
CarmineD

Reply #18   May 4, 2010 8:35 am
hooverman wrote:
Not sure about how long the pads will last before changing them; will have to see later on.

Ball park estimate is fine.  One usage, two, multiple.  Trying to determine if your trick is more economical than purchasing the attachments that come with the FM.

Carmine D.

Replies: 14 - 18 of 18Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42