Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Do Miele HEPA Filters sold in the UK fit Miele vacuums sold in the US?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
future_retiree

Newly interested in learning about upper scale/high end home appliances!

Do Miele HEPA Filters sold in the UK fit Miele vacuums sold in the US?
Original Message   Apr 25, 2010 10:44 pm

Do Miele HEPA Filters sold in the UK, or the rest of Europe,  fit Miele vacuums sold in the US?  Specifically the SF-AH50 HEPA filters for the S5 series canister vacs?

Examples US and UK…

In the US:

http://www.amazon.com/Miele-AH-50-Filter-Vacuum-Cleaners/dp/B000HA1Z98

USD 52.95 - This is the price posted everywhere by online retailers, and in all independen vac dealers I’ve seen.

In the UK, at a London ‘Oxford Street’ retailer:

http://www.johnlewis.com/230510075/Product.aspx  

GBP 19.95 – Appears to be the MSRP in UK, also listed on Miele’s UK websites.

Conversion to US equivalent price  of UK:   £19.95 x 1.538 (today’s rate) = $30.68, i.e. difference of US $ 22.00 per filter.

I’m asking because I may have an upcoming trip to London, which usually included a weekend day exploring, and if so may grap a few of these and save some USDs in the process. Assuming they won’t raise any concerns at customs upon return, “Are you bringing in any fruits, vegetables, live plants, or alcohol?” Why no officer, just some HEPA filters for my German-made vacuum cleaner.

Vacuum history:
-- Electrolux 1205 (ran for 28 years, then it needed a new hose and replacement wand!);
-- Metropolitan Vacuum Cleaner "Vac N Go Hand Vac", 12V (auto power) mini canister x2
-- Miele LEO.
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Venson

Re: Do Miele HEPA Filters sold in the UK fit Miele vacuums sold in the US?
Reply #1   Apr 25, 2010 11:57 pm
future_retiree wrote:

Do Miele HEPA Filters sold in the UK, or the rest of Europe,  fit Miele vacuums sold in the US?  Specifically the SF-AH50 HEPA filters for the S5 series canister vacs?

Examples US and UK…

In the US:

http://www.amazon.com/Miele-AH-50-Filter-Vacuum-Cleaners/dp/B000HA1Z98

USD 52.95 - This is the price posted everywhere by online retailers, and in all independen vac dealers I’ve seen.

In the UK, at a London ‘Oxford Street’ retailer:

http://www.johnlewis.com/230510075/Product.aspx  

GBP 19.95 – Appears to be the MSRP in UK, also listed on Miele’s UK websites.

Conversion to US equivalent price  of UK:   £19.95 x 1.538 (today’s rate) = $30.68, i.e. difference of US $ 22.00 per filter.

I’m asking because I may have an upcoming trip to London, which usually included a weekend day exploring, and if so may grap a few of these and save some USDs in the process. Assuming they won’t raise any concerns at customs upon return, “Are you bringing in any fruits, vegetables, live plants, or alcohol?” Why no officer, just some HEPA filters for my German-made vacuum cleaner.

CarmineD

Reply #2   Apr 26, 2010 7:26 am
Same same.  Problem is passing through security with these items and still may cost you tax to do so.  HEPA filters may equate to some in security as "no no items."  At a minimum, they may delay your boarding and may cause the high priced filters to be taken away from you.  Could even getted dissected to ensure no contraband enclosed.  Airplane security are not as passionate about MIELE filters as you are.  If it looks and sounds suspicious, it's getting pulled with you along with them.

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #3   Apr 26, 2010 12:43 pm
Alternatively you could just post them to your address on the last day of your visit to the UK. John Lewis are one of the most visited stores in the UK for Miele filters - they also sell reduced priced accessories sometimes according to demand such as Electrolux filters and stuff. It's a store that's well worth checking out and one of my favourites. I just bought the Active Air Clean filter this afternoon for my S4000, costs £10 ($15-45)
Venson

Reply #4   Apr 26, 2010 1:20 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Alternatively you could just post them to your address on the last day of your visit to the UK. John Lewis are one of the most visited stores in the UK for Miele filters - they also sell reduced priced accessories sometimes according to demand such as Electrolux filters and stuff. It's a store that's well worth checking out and one of my favourites. I just bought the Active Air Clean filter this afternoon for my S4000, costs £10 ($15-45)

Great idea!  All I could think of was trying to pass them off as shoulder pads.

Venson

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42