Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > FREE DYSON DC16 AND DIRT DEVIL STEAM CLEANER

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

FREE DYSON DC16 AND DIRT DEVIL STEAM CLEANER
Original Message   Apr 25, 2010 3:05 pm
One regional retailer is taking draconian measures to sell new dysons in a bad economy.  RCWilley, the largest retailer west of the Mississippi and recently purchased by Warren Buffett, is gifting not only a new dyson handheld BUT also a new DIRT DEVIL Steam Cleaner with the purchase of any new dyson for $499.  Whoa!  Did I read that sale right?  Dirt Devil freebie with new dyson sales.  What is the state of retail store sales coming to in the USA?  Could it be because Berkshire Hathaway, Warren Buffett's company, has a 10 percent interest in TTI?  Could be................

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Outline
CarmineD

Re: FREE DYSON DC16 AND DIRT DEVIL STEAM CLEANER
Reply #1   May 3, 2010 1:28 pm
Not to be outdone by other retailers' dyson incentives, TARGET is offering $150 cash gift card with the purchase of any new dyson DC25 for $499. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #2   May 4, 2010 8:51 am
CarmineD wrote:
Not to be outdone by other retailers' dyson incentives, TARGET is offering $150 cash gift card with the purchase of any new dyson DC25 for $499. 

Carmine D.

At $350 after factoring in TARGET cash card for $150, DC25 TOL dyson ball model full size upright is a better buy than the out of date DC14 for $399.  Of course I don't know for sure if dyson got the motor wiring harness correct yet. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #3   May 4, 2010 10:37 am
CarmineD wrote:
One regional retailer is taking draconian measures to sell new dysons in a bad economy.  RCWilley, the largest retailer west of the Mississippi and recently purchased by Warren Buffett, is gifting not only a new dyson handheld BUT also a new DIRT DEVIL Steam Cleaner with the purchase of any new dyson for $499.  Whoa!  Did I read that sale right?  Dirt Devil freebie with new dyson sales.  What is the state of retail store sales coming to in the USA?  Could it be because Berkshire Hathaway, Warren Buffett's company, has a 10 percent interest in TTI?  Could be................

Carmine D.

Perhaps the DD's aren't selling.  Combine them with a higher profit Dyson rather than discount the DD.

CarmineD

Reply #4   May 4, 2010 12:42 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Perhaps the DD's aren't selling.  Combine them with a higher profit Dyson rather than discount the DD.

Hardsell Resale:

More like a booby prize for the booby ball dyson DC25.  See a trend here HS.  I predicted and posted here that the time would come when dysons would not sell in its venue for the prices asked and dyson/retailers would have to resort to draconian market measures to peddle them.  The time is here.  Breaks your dyson heart and dyson's bottom line don't it.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #5   May 4, 2010 3:02 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hardsell Resale:

More like a booby prize for the booby ball dyson DC25.  See a trend here HS.  I predicted and posted here that the time would come when dysons would not sell in its venue for the prices asked and dyson/retailers would have to resort to draconian market measures to peddle them.  The time is here.  Breaks your dyson heart and dyson's bottom line don't it.

Carmine D.

No booby prize since they do not sell Oreck.  I see a trend.  No Dysons listed on RC Willey site.  Maybe you had another dream.  Do you think that you are the only one who predicted that Dyson would have to make price concessions.  Especially in depressed economic times.  Hoover has been discounting for years.  Oreck now in BB stores and discount stores.  Dyson has held its price line longer than most.  So what is your point?

Dyson is not offering the price concessions.  Why not ask Warren if it breaks his heart to give up those freebies.

CarmineD

Reply #6   May 4, 2010 5:19 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
No booby prize since they do not sell Oreck.  I see a trend.  No Dysons listed on RC Willey site.  Maybe you had another dream.  Do you think that you are the only one who predicted that Dyson would have to make price concessions.  Especially in depressed economic times.  Hoover has been discounting for years.  Oreck now in BB stores and discount stores.  Dyson has held its price line longer than most.  So what is your point?

Dyson is not offering the price concessions.  Why not ask Warren if it breaks his heart to give up those freebies.

Lardsell:

I recall you saying that W*M had the Navigator Shark with 173 reviews 5 star reviews.  While I said it was still too new and not on its sight.  Apparently, you are also color blind beside blind sided and can't tell the difference between blue [the old Shark] and lavender [the new Shark]. 

Take notes and make notes HS to keep up.  My post on the RC Willey sale is April 25.  You're behind the times.  Could it be that as of May 1, RCW no longer carries and sells new dyson vacuums on its web site and stores are selling out its dyson store stock and returning unsold for credit?  Rather than take my word HS verify for yourself and post it here.  Nice selection of new vacuums on the site.  Not your fave high priced bagless brand.  I can hear your dyson heart breaking.  Draconian measures when a brand product doesn't sell doesn't get anymore draconian than honing it off the web site and no selling, including the replacement filters.  Be sure to ask the reasons for ditching dyson and post the reasons here too.  Save me the time and trouble.

Carmine D.

This message was modified May 4, 2010 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #7   May 4, 2010 6:19 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Lardsell:

I recall you saying that W*M had the Navigator Shark with 173 reviews 5 star reviews.  While I said it was still too new and not on its sight.  Apparently, you are also color blind beside blind sided and can't tell the difference between blue [the old Shark] and lavender [the new Shark]. 

Take notes and make notes HS to keep up.  My post on the RC Willey sale is April 25.  You're behind the times.  Could it be that as of May 1, RCW no longer carries and sells new dyson vacuums on its web site and stores are selling out its dyson store stock and returning unsold for credit?  Rather than take my word HS verify for yourself and post it here.  Nice selection of new vacuums on the site.  Not your fave high priced bagless brand.  I can hear your dyson heart breaking.  Draconian measures when a brand product doesn't sell doesn't get anymore draconian than honing it off the web site and no selling, including the replacement filters.  Be sure to ask the reasons for ditching dyson and post the reasons here too.  Save me the time and trouble.

Carmine D.

SFB,

I believe that you claimed to know about the reviews but fictiously said no reviews available.  Did you just catch that it was the blue that had the reviews?   Keep up SFB.  If the old one received 5 stars why did it need a redesign?  Maybe most of those 5 year warranties are being used sooner than expected.  Those 5 star reviewers may give a different opinion after months of use.

Tthe negatives that I listed must have been true.

I understand why Willey can't sell Dyson.  Low to mid end products. Maybe a step above WM.  Do the shoppers dress up to go there?

CarmineD

Reply #8   May 4, 2010 7:54 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
SFB,

I believe that you claimed to know about the reviews but fictiously said no reviews available.  Did you just catch that it was the blue that had the reviews?   Keep up SFB.  If the old one received 5 stars why did it need a redesign?  Maybe most of those 5 year warranties are being used sooner than expected.  Those 5 star reviewers may give a different opinion after months of use.

Tthe negatives that I listed must have been true.

I understand why Willey can't sell Dyson.  Low to mid end products. Maybe a step above WM.  Do the shoppers dress up to go there?

Well thanks yardsale for telling us RCW gave dyson the boot.  Recall I told you this [RCW would give dyson the boot just like W*M] awhile back.  WRT Shark Navigator Pet, Lavender is an improvement.  Longer hose, 24 inch crevice tool and turbo tool just to mention a few.  Plus the product claim imbedded on the Lavendaer: Never loses suction.  None of these on the blue model from last year.  See, even without 500 engineers it is possible to make a vacuum better and still price it the same.  Eat you dyson heart out dumbsell.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #9   May 4, 2010 8:43 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Well thanks yardsale for telling us RCW gave dyson the boot.  Recall I told you this [RCW would give dyson the boot just like W*M] awhile back.  WRT Shark Navigator Pet, Lavender is an improvement.  Longer hose, 24 inch crevice tool and turbo tool just to mention a few.  Plus the product claim imbedded on the Lavendaer: Never loses suction.  None of these on the blue model from last year.  See, even without 500 engineers it is possible to make a vacuum better and still price it the same.  Eat you dyson heart out dumbsell.

Carmine D.

You missed the name twice.  That happens when you have been slugged too hard too many times. 
CarmineD

Reply #10   May 5, 2010 2:41 am
Numbsell:

Stick to the facts not the fiction.

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42