Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
budmattingly

Miele GN Bags
Original Message   Mar 18, 2010 8:36 pm
I have read several comments about the Hy Clean GN Bag not letting you fill the bag completely due to the straps that block sharp objects entering the bag. If that is the case why couldn't you just use the FJM Hyclean bags? There would be enought room for them to completely open and the bag couplings are the same except one is red and one is blue.

Just a thought ...

Bud

Replies: 5 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: Miele GN Bags
Reply #5   Apr 25, 2010 4:49 pm
Try http://www.mieleshop.com.au/

It will take you to the Miele shop and you can see the video for the bags directly below it.
RAD1

Reply #6   Apr 28, 2010 8:45 am
Hi All,
The Genuine Miele bags are now called "Air Clean" and I don't believe they have the straps anymore...
vacmanuk

Reply #7   Apr 28, 2010 1:20 pm
RAD1 wrote:
Hi All,
The Genuine Miele bags are now called "Air Clean" and I don't believe they have the straps anymore...

Interesting.. they're still called HyClean on the internet. Maybe Miele have yet to change the name of them. Only time I've seen the "Air Clean," name used is for their Active Air Clean charcoal filter.
Lucky1

Reply #8   Apr 28, 2010 4:58 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Interesting.. they're still called HyClean on the internet. Maybe Miele have yet to change the name of them. Only time I've seen the "Air Clean," name used is for their Active Air Clean charcoal filter.

Rad is correct the NEW new bags are now the "Air Clean". I thought the strips were designed to flap against the outer walls of the bag ensuring the bag would fill from the innermost to the outermost so as not to obstruct suction. HUh....who knew it was to protect against sharp objects.
vacmanuk

Reply #9   Apr 28, 2010 5:52 pm
Well Lucky Im sure you'd have picked up on the material straps in the bag's design if you had watched Miele's videos. To be honest though the company don't promote enough of their videos and the Germany site has fantastic PDF brochures that have pages you can turn; very little of that design is offered in the UK for example.

Just been onto Amazon.com and found some interesting info on the "Air Clean Bags." The blurb from Miele/Amazon is:

"...Miele Style FJM AirClean Dust Bags Replaces the FJM Intensive Clean Dust Bags Fits all Miele Vacuums that use type F, J, or M Dust Bags. Package includes 4 AirClean bags, one motor filter, and one super air clean filter. The 9 stage layered special fabric of this dustbag has many advantages * 20% longer suction performance. * 15% improved filtration. * Impact foil preventing sharp-edged objects, such as pine needles, glass and sand from penetrating the bag. * Automatic dustbag closure for hygienic removal and disposal.."

Well the Intensive bags already had a foil part to prevent sharp edged objects -  I still have some of the original Intensive bags, and the AirClean does NOT replace the Intensive bags, but rather the HyClean series. Seems like Miele aren't prepared to either admit the name change or the fact that the original HyClean bags had a design fault.
future_retiree

Newly interested in learning about upper scale/high end home appliances!

Reply #10   Apr 29, 2010 12:38 am
Are those straps the only difference between the GN HyClean and GN "Air Clean"?

And how come you can almost never find these on sale? 

Vacuum history:
-- Electrolux 1205 (ran for 28 years, then it needed a new hose and replacement wand!);
-- Metropolitan Vacuum Cleaner "Vac N Go Hand Vac", 12V (auto power) mini canister x2
-- Miele LEO.
CarmineD

Reply #11   Apr 29, 2010 8:11 am
future_retiree wrote:

I have to think MIELE would have increased the number of ply of outer bag material.  From 5 typically for MIELE intensive Clean Plus bags to 9 now.  Sounds like a huge improvement.  MIELE has always prided itself in the quality and performance of its vacuum bags which in my opinion are a step or more above the best of industry standards.

Carmine D.

future_retiree

Newly interested in learning about upper scale/high end home appliances!

Reply #12   Apr 29, 2010 10:45 am
The GN HyClean bags were described as "9-ply construction".  At least in the brief time -- last three months -- I've used them.

At this point, I'm easily mixed up on the names HyClean, intensive Clean Plus, Air Clean.    Worse, in some dealers I've been into, when pricing Miele vacs recently, I now realize they still have some stock of the evidently older (Intensive Clean?) bags. They would pull these bags out when asked 'how much are the bags?', and say something about 'there are five bags in this box and we sell three boxes for blah blah blah.'  Those were the dealers I checked off my list of ones I wanted to deal with.

Vacuum history:
-- Electrolux 1205 (ran for 28 years, then it needed a new hose and replacement wand!);
-- Metropolitan Vacuum Cleaner "Vac N Go Hand Vac", 12V (auto power) mini canister x2
-- Miele LEO.
Venson

Reply #13   Apr 29, 2010 11:30 am
Hi,

If you can't find bags at better prices elsewhere, last resort is to inquire what bags for your machine price at in bulk.  If your budget allows dealers will sell maybe ten packages of bags for around $80.00 -- or at least that was what was quoted to me last time I asked.

Venson.

This message was modified Apr 29, 2010 by Venson
Lucky1

Reply #14   Apr 29, 2010 11:56 am
future_retiree wrote:

Several answers: The AirClean Bags are just released in some areas so some dealers might not have yet ordered them and other stores might just wish to deplete the now old stock. The AirClean Bags DO have strips in them but they are wider, made from a softer material and attached on the bottom... not the top like the HyClean. The AirClean Bags "SEEM to ME" to have a slightly larger and softer rubber rim around the opening.
Replies: 5 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42