Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
hooverman

Kirby Sentria
Original Message   Feb 2, 2010 1:34 pm
Is NOT worth the $ cuz it is a terrible cleaner; nowhere near the power of older Kirbys.  I saw a demo of the Sentria & it didn't touch any dirt from the carpets; couldn't even pick up anything.  Then I went over the same area with my Classic Omega & the 30+ yr old Kirby pulled out MILLENIUMS of dirt even thru the floorboard.  Why is the Sentria only 1/1000 as powerful as the pre-G Series Kirbys?  I don't think trading an old Kirby is worth anything; I think customers are fooled when they trade their older, more powerful Kirby for the worthless Sentria.  I've owned that Omega & no dirt can hide from a 30+ yr old Kirby!
This message was modified Feb 2, 2010 by hooverman
Replies: 3 - 12 of 47Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
jhannah

Re: Kirby Sentria
Reply #3   Feb 2, 2010 7:20 pm
mole wrote:

You are @#$%ing clueless, I suggest you find another line of work

Mole

What are the specs on a Sentria? I have never owned an older Kirby but my Sentria pulls the carpet off the floor. It is by far the most powerful vac I've ever owned.
hooverman

Reply #4   Feb 2, 2010 7:23 pm
I DO work & own a vacuum repair shop; maybe the Sentria might have a defect?  I think that particular Sentria had a full bag with fine dust.
jhannah

Reply #5   Feb 2, 2010 7:41 pm
hooverman wrote:
I DO work & own a vacuum repair shop; maybe the Sentria might have a defect?  I think that particular Sentria had a full bag with fine dust.

Where did you get your facts and figures? Every article that I've read says that the Sentria is more powerful (slightly) than the G series. 300" of water, really?? Hmm, did you mean 30"? Read this article.... http://reviews.ebay.com/BEST-KIRBY-MODEL-Is-the-Kirby-Sentria-the-best-model_W0QQugidZ10000000003817326
CarmineD

Reply #6   Feb 2, 2010 8:09 pm
jhannah wrote:
Where did you get your facts and figures? Every article that I've read says that the Sentria is more powerful (slightly) than the G series. 300" of water, really?? Hmm, did you mean 30"? Read this article.... http://reviews.ebay.com/BEST-KIRBY-MODEL-Is-the-Kirby-Sentria-the-best-model_W0QQugidZ10000000003817326

Thanks for the link jhannah.  Excellent site reviewing the 3 most recent Kirby models.

Carmine D.

hooverman

Reply #7   Feb 2, 2010 10:07 pm
The Sentria that was used at my shop (I have a Kirby salesperson come every now/then) wasn't working right; I examined it & it had a broken fan.
jhannah

Reply #8   Feb 3, 2010 6:18 am
hooverman wrote:
The Sentria that was used at my shop (I have a Kirby salesperson come every now/then) wasn't working right; I examined it & it had a broken fan.

That doesn't explain your first post saying that the Kirby Sentria isn't worth the money or the wild claims that the new Kirby's don't clean as well as the older models.
hooverman

Reply #9   Feb 8, 2010 8:00 pm
A Sanitaire SC888 is FAR BETTER than a Kirby Sentria; at least Sanitaire has a STEEL brush roll, a VGI or VGII.  The Kirby Sentria is made of metal; the only good thing about this Kirby.
Hertz

Reply #10   Feb 8, 2010 10:35 pm
hooverman were you abused as a child by a Kirby Sentria?
procare

Reply #11   Feb 9, 2010 11:08 am
   Sentria has the same motor as a G series and is also referred to as a G-8. The changes made to Sentria does not necessarily give it more performance. Sucking rug off the floor means you have set the unit too low. No airflow , no cleaning.
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #12   Feb 9, 2010 12:07 pm
jhannah wrote:
That doesn't explain your first post saying that the Kirby Sentria isn't worth the money or the wild claims that the new Kirby's don't clean as well as the older models.

Is there is a decreased air flow with the high filtration bags?

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Replies: 3 - 12 of 47Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42