Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Acerone

Dyson QVC
Original Message   Jan 30, 2010 10:00 am
First HSN and now it's going to be on QVC....
Replies: 2 - 11 of 34Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: Dyson QVC
Reply #2   Jan 30, 2010 11:53 am
Acerone wrote:
First HSN and now it's going to be on QVC....

Thanks Ace.  Dave Shimkus has not been demoing Dyson’s on HSN and now we know why (presuming he’s going on QVC).

HSN has stood should to shoulder with Hoover as they target Dyson and defecate.  Lying comes naturally at Chinese [U.S.] Hoover.  It has been insulting and horrifying to watch HSN stand by and even participate in Chinese Hoover’s lambasting of Dyson and false comparisons to Dyson, and false mechanical claims.  Buyer beware.

Dyson Invents Big

DysonInventsBig

Reply #3   Jan 30, 2010 11:57 am
CarmineD wrote:
Acerone:

I think customers now can snag better price deals on vacuums from most other retailers compared to HSN and QVC.

Carmine D.

That would depend on the QVC bundle and deal.  In the past, HSN would bundle $80-$120 plus worth of accessories and 4 flex pays and free ship... no brick and mortar can touch this.

Acerone

Reply #4   Jan 30, 2010 2:22 pm
I really don't like Dave Shimkus..... I hope QVC has someone that's better then him..... And I hope they do someone on the DC22.... FWIW... Dyson on QVC starts midnight tonight....
This message was modified Jan 30, 2010 by Acerone
Lucky1

Reply #5   Jan 30, 2010 4:03 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
That would depend on the QVC bundle and deal.  In the past, HSN would bundle $80-$120 plus worth of accessories and 4 flex pays and free ship... no brick and mortar can touch this.

And this is good how???? By the way...Who does the QVC Dyson warranty repairs...Dave Shimkus???
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #6   Jan 30, 2010 4:04 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Thanks Ace.  Dave Shimkus has not been demoing Dyson’s on HSN and now we know why (presuming he’s going on QVC).

HSN has stood should to shoulder with Hoover as they target Dyson and defecate.  Lying comes naturally at Chinese [U.S.] Hoover.  It has been insulting and horrifying to watch HSN stand by and even participate in Chinese Hoover’s lambasting of Dyson and false comparisons to Dyson, and false mechanical claims.  Buyer beware.

Dyson Invents Big

Dustmite,

For those of us who don't watch HSN or QVC, could you please elaborate on what exactly these false comparisons are?   It's not enough to say that they're false - just because you don't like the results. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
DysonInventsBig

Reply #7   Jan 30, 2010 5:55 pm
Severus wrote:
Dustmite,

For those of us who don't watch HSN or QVC, could you please elaborate on what exactly these false comparisons are?   It's not enough to say that they're false - just because you don't like the results. 

God you're lazy...  HSN has these video's archived on YouTube and or their website.

Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #8   Jan 30, 2010 5:56 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
God you're lazy...  HSN has these video's archived on YouTube and or their website.

So what's false in the comparisons?  If you want to make the claim that the comparisons aren't valid provide some good reasons.
This message was modified Jan 30, 2010 by Severus

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
CarmineD

Reply #9   Jan 31, 2010 6:29 am
Lucky1 wrote:
And this is good how???? By the way...Who does the QVC Dyson warranty repairs...Dave Shimkus???

I'm with you Lucky1.  Earlier there were posts about BEST BUY grouping appliances for sales and supposedly savings.  These 'group sales' benefit the seller/retailer not the buyer.  Buying the same items on sale separately if you do the math yields more savings to the buyers.

WRT dyson bundling, retailers can't predict what the buyers want to have bundled to clinch the sale on the item they really want to purchase.  So dyson throws in a DC16 free.  Do all buyers want it and need it with their dyson purchase?  So dyson throws in the car cleaning kit free.  Do all buyers want it and need it?  So dyson throws in the rug cleaning kit free.  Do all buyers want it, need it and will they even use it? 

Dyson should do what ORECK does.  Sell its products bundled and unbundled.  If buyers don't like the bundle, reduce the price on the core product and sell separately at a lower price.  ORECK learned this lesson after many years BUT it took hard economic times to convince ORECK to finally do it.  

I'm with the concensus on Shimkus.  He's no David Oreck.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #10   Jan 31, 2010 7:05 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:

Just to reinterate Lucky1's point Dib.  If dyson's lucky, it can persuade some brick and mortar stores to be warranty dyson dealers.  Not QVC and HSN.  If the independent vacuum stores are [authorized dyson warranty shops] HSN, QVC, big box stores, fly by night internet dealers, even dyson itself, can't touch them. 

If dyson is in the vacuum industry for the long haul, and to date it has not convinced me it is [ just the opposite in fact] it needs to belly up to the table and get serious about partnering and enlisting the vacuum indies as dyson warranty/repair centers.  Else follow the ORECK model with its own network of stores.  Your constant bad mouthing and trash talking ALL indies here doesn't help dyson's cause.  Dyson suing all its competitors for frivolous and capricious reasons is not the way.  QVC and HSN bundling dyson products [that don't sell/can't sell in any other venues due to the current economic times] is not the way.  Even with no interest, and a dozen payments over 10 years.  Not now and likely not in the future.  TV sales venues for high priced home products [their bread and butter] will likely disappear as a result of either the current recession or the enormous high rate of returns.  Put the two together and it's hopeless.  Perhaps the reason Shimkus is jumping networks.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jan 31, 2010 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #11   Jan 31, 2010 8:23 am
CarmineD wrote:
Just to reinterate Lucky1's point Dib.  If dyson's lucky, it can persuade some brick and mortar stores to be warranty dyson dealers.  Not QVC and HSN.  If the independent vacuum stores are [authorized dyson warranty shops] HSN, QVC, big box stores, fly by night internet dealers, even dyson itself, can't touch them. 

If dyson is in the vacuum industry for the long haul, and to date it has not convinced me it is [ just the opposite in fact] it needs to belly up to the table and get serious about partnering and enlisting the vacuum indies as dyson warranty/repair centers.  Else follow the ORECK model with its own network of stores.  Your constant bad mouthing and trash talking ALL indies here doesn't help dyson's cause.  Dyson suing all its competitors for frivolous and capricious reasons is not the way.  QVC and HSN bundling dyson products [that don't sell/can't sell in any other venues due to the current economic times] is not the way.  Even with no interest, and a dozen payments over 10 years.  Not now and likely not in the future.  TV sales venues for high priced home products [their bread and butter] will likely disappear as a result of either the current recession or the enormous high rate of returns.  Put the two together and it's hopeless.  Perhaps the reason Shimkus is jumping networks.

Carmine D.

Carmine,

You need to start rubbing your beads good and hard...  I’ve never said all independents.  I’ve said many and alike. but not all...and you know it.

Dyson has plenty of dealers, just walk by most dealers and you’ll see a Dyson or two on the showroom floor...Oops sorry, those Dyson vacuums are not indicative of independent being an authorized Dyson dealer, but instead those Dyson’s are nailed to the floor...these dealers ain’t letting them go NO WHERE.

Dyson Invents Big
This message was modified Jan 31, 2010 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 2 - 11 of 34Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42